DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

DBFootball Mom - Great Post.  As one football Mom to another I agree with you.  Tyler is a great player and will be missed but the D-B defense is awesome and the boys will step up and make the necessary tackles and sacks.  How is David Mitchell doing and when will he return?  Hopefully, very soon.

WacoJaco - another great post about the D-B fans who sit there like bumps on a log.  People get up and cheer these boys on and please no dirty looks to those of us that do cheer and yell!

Roll Tribe!

825427777[/snapback]

;) Hey thanks for asking, David was supposed to return this Friday, but in practice Monday somebody fell on his ankle and caused it to swell again. He is in the boot again, probably only until tomorrow, they said he could take it off when it was not hurting again. I don't see him playing Friday, wish he could at least 1 or 2 plays since it is his last home game as senior, but we will need him next week for Oak Ridge or Farragut. He is so bummed about it but we need him full strength so he don't get hurt again. I also agree with WacoJaco about the fans who just show up and do nothing....I am also getting tired of people giving me dirty looks because I am screaming my head off. Hey come on people get up and cheer, I had rotator cuff surgery about 3 weeks ago and I am out there cheering and standing up for our boys. ( I admit I can't clap yet due to surgery) but I am very loud in my cheering.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL thumb

IF YOU BELIEVE YOU "WILL" ACHIEVE :D thumb

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gradfromthenest......

Let me try to help you get over it.  I know for some reason you think the Owels put a whopin' on DB last Friday night.  After watching the replay of the game on CSS tues. night let me inform you of what really happened. There were 4 hard hits by Ooltewah. Three were late hits and there should of been a personal foul called on those three. I've talked two several of the DB players and they didn't think u'all hit hard at all. They tell me that Oak Ridge is the hardest hittin' team they've played. Now let me help you some more. DB played their worst game of the year last Friday night and still beat you, in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicates. Alot of the Ooltewah fans said the Owels wouldn't have a chance if Caldwell didn't play, as you were undefeated with him on the field. DB's defense held your star running back to 31 yrds. rushing. All the "legal" hard hitting was done by DB. I think Ooltewah had 1 maybe 2 first downs in the second half. If it wasn't Tyler Nottingham making a "pancake" tackle on your fullback, it was Dee Peeler throwing your halfback like a little ragdoll. I remember many plays Caldwell picking himself up off the turf shaking his head. DB forced 4 fumbles but you got lucky and only lost one. Your quarterback thru for 142yrds. 103yrds on two plays. I'll give you those two plays but both were gifts from the defense and everybody knowes it. Other than those two plays DB completly shut you down. So again I say, Get over it!

825428208[/snapback]

Once again WaCo, you obviously want me to talk about it, or you wouldn't keep calling me out. I am very glad that you have rewatched the CSS tape and have come to your own opinionated conclusions. I'm also glad that you noticed the many many many times Duran Duran attempted a pass and then GOT UP shaking his head. The game was over last week...there's nothing to get over. I've admitted that time and time and time again. I've also admitted that Ooltewah got beat by the better team. I've brought up the Ooltewah/DB game several times during a conversation about Soddy/DB because Ooltewah has played both teams recently. Oh, and Ooltewah played 4 tough teams all year according to one of your buddies....DB has played 2...well 1 if you don't count Ooltewah as tough. You may think they played their worst game of the year last Friday, but that just proves it can happen to them.....and if it does again from here on out....you guys are going to have to eat a ton of words. Oh, and what does it mean "the game wasn't as close as the score indicated???" It was 14-14 with 3 minutes left...that's a pretty close game no matter how you slice it. Look, you've got an even more important game this Friday, so quit trying to justify your teams' below-par performance by rubbing it in my face, and concentrate on Soddy. As I said, if it bothers you to read my posts....then just don't read them. I've got nothing but respect for the DB football team, but I'm having second thoughts about you.

Oh, one more thing....it's hilarious reading your posts about other teams. Whenever another team has any success at all, it's not that they did well. It's that DB did poorly...as if it was a gift. LoL...that's a pretty good one. Ya know, there comes a point that when a team does something positive, it's because they executed and the other team didn't. The "whys" or "why nots" do not matter. You know, I could easily say that last touchdown DB scored was a gift. I mean we put our 5'6" defensive back on your receiver...I mean it was a gift for Duran since he hadn't had anything going all night....I'm sure if Soddy does anything right or has any success, it's only because Dobyns Bennett let them...gave it to them as a gift!

LoL...it's over and I've acknowledged that...I'm ready for your very educated, thought out response! thumb

Oh, and to everyone else, sorry about this! I've tried to talk about the Soddy/DB game, but WaCo won't let me!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

It's 6:30AM and it is pouring the rain. Forcast if for rain today, heavy at times, clearing this evening. It should be stopped by game time. DB's field has been in great shape all season, I hope it holds up.

The winner of the game may be the Team that runs the ball best... and doesn't turn the ball over. Punting will be crucial.

Good Luck Indians

Roll Tribe Roll

by the criteria you just set... it sounds like SD will win B/C we have an outstanding runner in MOMO colbert who will flatt out run you over(and we also have andy fuller who is a mammoth of a fullback) and then our punting game is pretty dern good(when we get the snap) and our kicker can just plain out BOOT the ball

PREDICTION!!

SD-35

DB-32

Nestboy.......Even though you didn't understand anything you read in my post, Im glad you finally admited you got beat by a better team. Now lets see if you can go the rest of the day without bringing up some hit that one of your boys put on a DB player.

ps: That was a nice touch at the end of your last post. You should say your sorry atthe end of every post.

WaCo :lol: JaCo.......its hard to believe I can have this much control over somebody.

ROUND 2!!!!

Its here baby, we've got 10 1/2 hours till kickoff. The indians are prepared to continue their run. The rain is still coming down steady, but predicted to taper off by early afternoon. Cool weather could play a factor in the passing game, but it isnot likely, the run game has picked up over the past few weeks, and will come around in the second half. I believe if DB plays like they should, they will come out of round 2 with the win. GO INDIANS.!

11-0, 4 to go.