DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

Grad,

Do you know of any games where the passing game wasn't working for S-D and they had to revert to a more active running game, or weather that caused a change in the plan of attack?

One of the things we have done this year is go to a 3-3-5 defensive set, because of our type of player this year (last year we had three DTs that were 230+ and could play)...we can and do walk up an LB to a down postion, situationally, and coverages on the wideouts are primarily in the hands of the 5 dbs...

being that I am sure both teams are looking at the passing attacks, I was just wondering about any games where the running game was most important for the Trojans. What would you guess was the percentage of passes to runs in your alls game with S-D?

Thanks again for the info...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost game time, I am ready to listen to one heckuva game tonight!

Been busy all week, heading to Atlanta tomorrow so the girlfriend can shop all day, and then we are going to see the Falcons Sunday.

825429449[/snapback]

You don't have any updates on the game. All I know is that Soddy is winning, osrry to say but I hope they do win.

You don't have any updates on the game. All I know is that Soddy is winning, osrry to say but I hope they do win.

825429551[/snapback]

Sorry Tony. DB takes it 17-7 in a hard fought slippery game. DB goes on to play Oak Ridge. DB defense proved they can play shutdown defense, even without Tyler. What can they do with Tyler thumb

DB INDIANS WIN!! 17-7 AND ROLL TRIBE TRIBE INTO THE QUATERFINALS.

This was a great playoff game. Soddy Daisy came to play and they played hard.

The Trojans scored first and had DB shutout through the entire 1st half.... until the final offensive play of the half. DB drew one up in the mud and the D went to Lamon Williams on the pump fake and #12 Matt McMillian raced down the sidelines and Duran Duran hit him in stride for the home run ball to tie the score 7-7 at half.

DB domianted the 2nd half. SD's big play of the half was a goal line stand that ended the 3rd qtr still @ 7-7. The 4th qtr. is always Dobyns-Bennett's and tonight was no different. Duran Duran hit Purple Hayes on another bomb. A field goal added on for the comfortable margin. The DB DEFENSE WAS AWESOME!! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. Missing #7 was big, but players stepped up and filled that position to perfection. Matt McMillian had his best ever game as an Indian. TD catch and an INT., plus many stops on D. Brandon Thompson (Soph) played great and so did Pappas (Soph).

Way to go Indians... enjoy the win and get ready for the game of the year....

DB VS OAK RIDGE * THE GAME *

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!