DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

From here on out.....A kinder gentler WaCo :ph34r: JaCo

The WaCo :o JaCo player of the game......Matt McMillan

he finally broke out and had the kinda' game we been lookin' for.

Man this Region 2 is "evil", There are probably only 3 teams in the state that can beat Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy. Riverdale, Oak Ridge and DB. If the Owels or the Trojans were coming from the west the would be in the Blue Cross Bowl.

I think the injury to Orr in the 2nd. qtr. changed their offense enough to help DB take over. He just could'nt throw very well in the second half. Ferguson had a pretty good night, and was "on" with the deep ball all night. I think if the game hadn't been so tight they might have went to it more.

The goal line stand by Soddy in the 3rd. was something. Theys some bigo boys on that Soddy line. I probably would of tosed that ball off to Lamon, but they won't let me call the plays.

Hats off to the DB DEFENSE ! I didn't think they could fill Nottingham's shoes, but they sure proved me wrong.

Congradulations to Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy.....two great football teams.

I think the two best teams we have ever faced in rounds 1 & 2

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great win for the indians..... the defense did awesome, even without #7, Matt McMillan had a great game also...... Soddy was a really classy, tough nosed, and talented team.... To tell the truth I had doubts about the billing of their 2 recievers, but that catch that #14 had in the endzone while double-covered changed my mind really quick, those guys are some of the most talented recievers i've ever seen......Having Lamon back was definetly benefitial to the offense....

It was my last time in J. Fred as a football player, and Let me tell you I'm gonna miss that ole staduim, We only lost 2 home games in three years since I've been on the team (MBA and Oak Ridge) thats a great homefield advantage...........

We are gonna have a great week of practice, we are gonna play with a whole team again ,and we're gonna head down to the ship next week for another tough 4 quarters football game.......

Soddy, once again congrats on a great season, and yall played a heck of a game

One thing is for sure, what ever stats the SD team brings into the game, they won't be added to very much after the game. The Choppers are the #2 defense in the state and their defensive backfield may be the best in the state.

How 'bout a Fresca?

Chop Chop

Cosmo

825427279[/snapback]

Boola Boola!!

How right you was Cosmo.... The Men of Troy managed 151 yds of Offense on the #2 D in the land. The passing game of the Soddy team was not effective and was shut down by halftime. I, myself, am hold up in Room 222, post game party. Oh, it is a scene my friends. Tu futa tried crashing the place, and, he met Mr. Copper, who is a Chopper, and found himself on his duff!! Kaf kaf!! Football Moms welcome, as always in Room 222

Edited by Major Hoople

Boola Boola!!

How right you was Cosmo.... The Men of Troy managed 151 yds of Offense on the #2 D in the land. The passing game of the Soddy team was not effective and was shut down by halftime. I, myself, am hold up in Room 222, post game party. Oh, it is a scene my friends. Tu futa tried crashing the place, and, he met Mr. Copper, who is a Chopper, and found himself on his duff!! Kaf kaf!! Football Moms welcome, as always in Room 222

825430202[/snapback]

1. It's Tu Fueta!

2. I didn't try to crash the place, Just made a VALID point about #7!

3. I was right you was WRONG!

4. Darren, How many "CoachT" screen names do you have???

5. I still think that you're PATHETIC!

6. Waco, I'm glad that at least you admit that you were wrong!

Please remember.......... WINING IS NOT EVERTHING!

:blink:

That was one darn good football game! too bad it had to end the way it did. Orr's injury definitely limited the things we could do on offense. I hope he is ok (i have to coach him in a church basketball league!!). That kid is a freakin warrior! the word i heard was either a bruised or broken rib. he was in a lot of pain on the sidelines. i think he can honestly say he left it on the field, along with the rest of soddy's team. they gave a tremendous effort and again some costly penalty's and turnovers hurt them. it was fun to watch these guys play this year and i can't wait for another year of watchin Coach Weather's Trojans take the field. He has done an awesome job with them! DB was very classy and i liked the stadium. it was the first time i had ever been there. Good luck to ya'll the rest of the way!

this was a hrad loss for us trojans but DB earned... this post is mainly to give a shout out to gary "gansta" orr...... he is a freakign warrior if ive seen one.... when he got hurt in the second qtr i thought he was done.... but he proved me wrong... he stepped it up and played like a MAN...... when we got off the bus(about 30 minutes ago) he was headed to the hospital right then b/c a doctor told him that he had 2 broken ribs and that one ofthem might have hit something and he may have internal bleeding..... again i say GARY ORR IS THE FREAKIN MAN!!!!!

The DB team doctors looked at your QB at half and the Tribe sidleline report was that he might have broken ribs and maybe some kidney damage. You could tell the second half he was having trouble throwing with the back to back interceptions. I'm not sure why they were thrwoing anyway because SD was eating some good yards running the ball. The one drive in the 2nd half SD was driving the ball on the ground to about the DB 35 and then decided to pass and took a big sack back around mid field. Thanks to SD coach for calling that play.

Orr was hurt on the very first offensive series of the game; if you can remember, they had to take a time out to let him recover. Obviously this had a huge impact on the game, as Orr is the one player SD could not afford to lose. He remained in the game, but it is clear to everyone that he was never the same. Last I heard, he was going to a hospital when they got back to Chattanooga.

Even if Orr was healthy, I think DB would still have come away with the victory. Soddy certainly would have had more offense, but I believe DB was the better team. The Indians are good defensively; the d-line is so small its almost comical, but their linebackers and secondary more than make up for it. Offensively, the passing game was reliable and explosive at times. I would have thought that Duran wouldn't overthrow every deep out this late in the season, however. There wasn't much of a rushing attack, with the exception of a run by Moten late in the second half.

The game was intense and very hard-fought. Both teams played with class. It is a shame that Orr got hurt; we can only hope that he will be okay. Congratulations to DB and good luck the rest of the season.