DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

Congratulations DB! Sounds like a good win! I got updates periodically throughout the game. Congrats to Soddy on a great season too! Next up is Oak Ridge! Man, the way the East is, there's no easy way to the Blue Cross bowl....

Just think...if DB goes all the way, they had to beat Ooltewah, Soddy, Oak Ridge, Riverdale.....that's a freakin lineup! The East definately takes the cake as evidenced by these 1st 2 rounds!

Good job to all, and good luck Indians at Oak Ridge!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot to all the people who have been calling, asking, and praying for Gary Orr. the official sideline report last night is that he had ruptured his liver and had internal bleeding. But as soon as he got back to school, he went to the hospital. He had to get a cat scan and the results came negative. He's ok now and they are going to have another radiologist look at the cat scan today, just for precautionary purposes. just once again thanks for all the people who have been worried about gary.

SODDY ITS BEEN FUN, WE DIDNT WIN STATE BUT WE GAVE IT OUR ALL AND ITS REALLY BEEN FUN FOR ME AND I THINK EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Congratulations, Indians!!! You've overcome some major handicaps to beat two excellent football teams. We're proud of everyone of you!

Trojan fans, my hat's off to your guys. I didn't have any idea your quarterback was playing hurt - what an effort! D-B's receivers were impressive if for no other reason than being able to hold on to the ball after Trojan defenders hit them. Well coached defense and some text book tackles.

Three to go, Tribe - keep your eye on the prize!

Roll Tribe!

Orr was hurt on the very first offensive series of the game

Even if Orr was healthy, I think DB would still have come away with the victory.  Soddy certainly would have had more offense, but I believe DB was the better team.  The Indians are good defensively; the d-line is so small its almost comical, but their linebackers and secondary more than make up for it.  Offensively, the passing game was reliable and explosive at times.  I would have thought that Duran wouldn't overthrow every deep out this late in the season, however.  There wasn't much of a rushing attack, with the exception of a run by Moten late in the second half.

825430562[/snapback]

What are you trying to say about the D-Line? Might be small but get the job done alot better then any other D-Line around. Plus, it is very comical that considering the size difference in the soddy o-line compared to the Db d-line, the soddy line didn't do anything.

What are you trying to say about the D-Line? Might be small but get the job done alot better then any other D-Line around. Plus, it is very comical that considering the size difference in the soddy o-line compared to the Db d-line, the soddy line didn't do anything.

825430812[/snapback]

Great point future! The "comical" d-line had their way with the huge o-line of sd.

Orr was hurt on the very first offensive series of the game; if you can remember, they had to take a time out to let him recover.  Obviously this had a huge impact on the game, as Orr is the one player SD could not afford to lose.  He remained in the game, but it is clear to everyone that he was never the same.  Last I heard, he was going to a hospital when they got back to Chattanooga.

Even if Orr was healthy, I think DB would still have come away with the victory.  Soddy certainly would have had more offense, but I believe DB was the better team.  The Indians are good defensively; the d-line is so small its almost comical, but their linebackers and secondary more than make up for it.  Offensively, the passing game was reliable and explosive at times.  I would have thought that Duran wouldn't overthrow every deep out this late in the season, however.  There wasn't much of a rushing attack, with the exception of a run by Moten late in the second half.

The game was intense and very hard-fought.  Both teams played with class.  It is a shame that Orr got hurt; we can only hope that he will be okay.  Congratulations to DB and good luck the rest of the season.

825430562[/snapback]

It seems like your memory is short because you say ther wasn't much of a DB rushing attack...Moten rushed for 68 on 16 carries which comes to 4+ yards a carry which aint bad and keeps the Defense honest. And as big as the guys for SD were, the defense was spent by the 4th quarter when DB ran the ball down the field. Duran had more passing yards (256) than SD had total offense (151).

825430812[/snapback]

I don't think he ever insisted that they didn't get the job done. it's obvious the whole DB team got the job done by the outcome. Congrats on the win and good luck.

maroonandgray, no need to try and rub it in. we know we got beat. he even said DB was the better team. i think it seemed like there wasn't much of a rushin attack either but that maybe because of Duran's 256 yrds passing!

BTW, Orr is alright. he just got done playin in a church league basketball game for me and he did a very good job! i think he said the cat scans showed a bruised liver maybe? but like i said before he is a warrior!!

Edited by HotSauce11

Thats good to hear about Orr, I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured, but that still doesn't take away from his gutsy performance in my eyes...... that performance is up there with schilling's for the red sox...... I have nothing but respect for him and the soddy team

Edited by DRDB

I don't think he ever insisted that they didn't get the job done. it's obvious the whole DB team got the job done by the outcome. Congrats on the win and good luck.

maroonandgray, no need to try and rub it in. we know we got beat. he even said DB was the better team. i think it seemed like there wasn't much of a rushin attack either but that maybe because of Duran's 256 yrds passing!

BTW, Orr is alright. he just got done playin in a church league basketball game for me and he did a very good job! i think he said the cat scans showed a bruised liver maybe? but like i said before he is a warrior!!

825431273[/snapback]

i'm not rubbin anything in....SD played a great game and the Orr kid was very gutsy. The message implied there wasn't much rushin game for DB and I was making a point from the DB view...niether Offense was steller...SD rushed very good at spots and I'm not sure why they went away from it on a couple of drives because there big fullback and the rb were eating yards. I realize the Orr injury limited his abilities in the 2nd half and I'm glad to hear he was not seriously hurt. I was among some DB fans that stood and clapped for him after the doctors checked him out. I'm not on here to be a sore winner....I was merely pointing put that while our rushing attack may not have been great DB did just enough running to get it done and the passing game more than made up for it. If anything I have to say SD proved me wrong because I was at last years playoff game against DB and I could not imagine this perromance on Friday. I left that game last year thinking I had seen the dullest offense I had ever seen. THis year was MUCH different with the 2 big athletic recievers and that tight end was towering over the DB Dline. So if anything I have alot of respect for SD and how much they have improved in just one year.