Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well buddy, i've been saying we've played u guys tougher then anyone else and to be perfectly honest my feeling is that if we don't stop u then the trophy is going back to Blount County.

Powell came out with an amazing effort on defense against Cleveland and the offense came around after a little bit of a slow start. ClevlandBlueRaider i hate to say i told u so but i told u that Cody would give u problems that huffaker was quick and that thrower was a burner. Congrats on a good season though and good luck next year

This has nothing to do with the post but maybe a few of you Rebel fans can tell me how the reception of your former coach Hammontree has greeted last night when Rhea Co. rolled to town. I was unable to attend the game or even listen to it on the radio i knew Maryville was a great team. I am just curious if Hammontree was recieved well at the beginning and if Maryville called off the dogs in respect for Hammontree..Your thoughts please...

Goodluck to Maryville on your way through the playoffs!!!!

Yea, I thought Powell would win handly. The hardest thing to do in Football is beat the same twice but I gusee that is what MHS will have to do. A least we got fresh film.

Powell is very physical and big up front. Watts is a man among men playing through his families trials and loss, I have nothing but respect for this youn man and his Coach. Class acts and a credit to the 3-4A region, the home of Champions.

Maryville will have to play better than last night on Offence.

Well buddy, i've been saying we've played u guys tougher then anyone else and to be perfectly honest my feeling is that if we don't stop u then the trophy is going back to Blount County.

Powell came out with an amazing effort on defense against Cleveland and the offense came around after a little bit of a slow start. ClevlandBlueRaider i hate to say i told u so but i told u that Cody would give u problems that huffaker was quick and that thrower was a burner. Congrats on a good season though and good luck next year

825419767[/snapback]

Hey Palpanther!! Congrats on the win bud. We both told Clevelandblueraider about cody, didn't we? CBRF is a good guy and I hate that someone had to lose that game. I rooted for both teams.

You know you're gonna have to come with more of a running game this time, right? You guys really truly have a chance if you can establish the run. You also need to win the toss and take the ball.

A good friend of my family played at Powell (Billy Staggs) and a good friend of mine played there too (Seth Dunaway). I can't really trash ya'll much. You have a great program and you work to get better every year.

This has nothing to do with the post but maybe a few of you Rebel fans can tell me how the reception of your former coach Hammontree has greeted last night when Rhea Co. rolled to town. I was unable to attend the game or even listen to it on the radio i knew Maryville was a great team. I am just curious if Hammontree was recieved well at the beginning and if Maryville called off the dogs in respect for Hammontree..Your thoughts please...

Goodluck to Maryville on your way through the playoffs!!!!

825419860[/snapback]

Good reception for Coach Tim. As said by many before, lots of respect for him.

I don't think the Red Rebels held back, just "business as usual". That is to say: Once up by a few scores, let the rest of the team play. The attitude appears to be it's High School Football and all the team members joined to get an oppourtunity to play the game. GQ & Staff afford that oppourtunity to the young men. It is a class program.

As an aside, I hate seeing gloves on recievers!

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

Good reception for Coach Tim.  As said by many before, lots of respect for him.

I don't think the Red Rebels held back, just "business as usual".  That is to say: Once up by a few scores, let the rest of the team play.  The attitude appears to be it's High School Football and all the team members joined to get an oppourtunity to play the game.  GQ & Staff afford that oppourtunity to the young men.  It is a class program.

As an aside, I hate seeing gloves on recievers! 

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

825419925[/snapback]

At that age anyway. They should learn to catch with what God gave em first. Were you in the souvenir booth mapp? I couldn't decide who you were...

DMoyers, thanx for the kind words about our program. I will say that i have never liked Maryville just for the sheer fact that any kid in Blount county can play there and they can recruit as well. Now im not saying that's why Maryville wins. Most of that is coaching but the point is that if Maryville/Central are in region 3-4a then they should have the same rules as everyone else. Now the rules not being the same is not Maryvilles fault and they do what they can to win and i respect that. I have the upmost respect for the coaching staff there and all the players who bring it week in and week out.

Powell is bigger up front but not as disciplined as the Rebs so who knows how it will go this time but the old adage is It's tough to beat a good team twice in one season. And like i said to me the winner of this game wins the state, take nothing away from Central and a select few others.

Well now its time for round 2 in High School Football. This match-up features two teams who have already played once this year. Maryville hasn't really had a test all year and seemed to have no problem in round 1 of the playoffs. Powell on the other hand has had a good year but struggled in all big games. Powell traveled to Cleveland in week 1 and got a big win on the road but this years CLeveland team wasn't the usual dominant Blue Raider team. I see this weeks game being close for about a quarter and a half then just liek every other year Maryville will take control. Maryville is to deep and to well coached to lose this week. I see this game turning out about the same as the first meeting did. I hope the Panthers come out on top but I dont think it will happen. Go Powell!!!

Powell 14

Maryville 42

I expect the game to be closer this time. I think Maryville will win 35-17. Will Powell's defensive backs play off the receivers and let Maryville catch the ball underneath? Or will they play in the receivers face? Maryville killed Powell on the underneath stuff in the 1st meeting. I expect Powell to give Maryville a big dose of Lee Smith. Smith had a great game vs Maryville in the 1st meeting. Cody Watts hurt Maryville in the 1st game.

I think overall that Maryville is too deep and too balanced for Powell. But! Maryville did not play are more physical team than Powell all year long.

Here is a nice omen Rebel fans. The only 2 times previously that Maryville beat Powell in the playoffs were in 1998 and 2002. You guys know what happened in 1998 and 2002 don't you? 15-0 and state champs in that same year.