Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

Maryville doesn't play well on a wet field.  Halls earlier in the year and M.W. in the play-offs last year.  will this be enough for the Panthers to pull off a major upset.  Who knows?  Anyway with all of that money coming in from tuition students I am sure they can afford a tarp to cover the field.  Even poor ole Knox Central was able to cover their field a couple of years ago when there was alot of rain. ;)  :D  :(

825428950[/snapback]

Everybody is tired of hearing the same whiny babies talking about the tuition kids, when most people know its a nonfactor. About the game, the rain will most certainly benefit Powell in this one, as they are big and slow, and it can give them a little help in that area. It probably won't be enough to help them make it a close game, but Maryville did not play very good earlier this year on a wet field against a weak Halls team. I predict slow start and big finish.

Maryville: Halftime: 7 Final: 35

Powell: Halftime: 0 Final: 14

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville doesn't play well on a wet field.  Halls earlier in the year and M.W. in the play-offs last year.  will this be enough for the Panthers to pull off a major upset.  Who knows?  Anyway with all of that money coming in from tuition students I am sure they can afford a tarp to cover the field.  Even poor ole Knox Central was able to cover their field a couple of years ago when there was alot of rain. :D  :(  ;)

825428950[/snapback]

It rained in Morristown this year also. Maryville won 38-0.

Since the TSSAA does not prohibit tuition schools from participating in the same classifications as non tuition schools, the matter of fairness does not seem to be an issue with them. If you are convinced that tuition schools have an unfair advantage over non tuition schools, petition the TSSAA to make a change. Otherwise, please do us all a favor and quit using this as a lame excuse. Maryville can not deny a tuition student the opportunity to play sports simply because he/she is a tuition student.

There's so much crapola here, I don't know where to begin. Powell has no running game guys...it's just a fact. How does the bad weather play into the hands of a team with no running game? When the field was dry, Lee was a deadly weapon ...now since it's raining, not as many passes, so there that goes. We'll see.

Rain and Halls...those don't go together because there WAS NO RAIN in Halls that day!! No wonder we played bad in the conditions....we weren't expecting a wet ball on a perfectly sunny 80 degree day!! Yes, right, MoWest.....I think we kicked the crap out them in the rain....how bout that lilkat?

Umm, I belive you all have transfer students too big boy...don't make it sound like poor lil Central don't have transfer students. Just cause your team ain't good enough to keep all the good players (one's that went to Powell), don't blame it on us.

You don't want us running the ball Powell....we have a running game...remember? Good luck goob to your tornadoes and thanks for the kind words.

WHEEEEW!!! THAT FELT GOOD....I hate it when it gets busy and I miss a lot.

Edited by dmoyers1

Powell has no running game guys...it's just a fact. 

825429115[/snapback]

Here is some rushing facts:

Yards Attempts Avg.

Cody Watts 876 138 6.3

Ryan Tallent 752 90 8.4

Josh Huffaker 713 116 6.1

Antonio Byner 631 84 7.5

Adrian Baker 351 39 9.0

Ryan Singleton 330 52 6.3

Sure the Rebels have a lot better ypc, and overall with their multiple back output I would say that have a better rushing game, but to say that Powell has NO running game is just ignorant. The numbers speak for themselves.

I believe you were basing your comment on soley the Maryville/Powell game where powell did have no running game apart from a solid running night from your quarter back at 79 yards.

It will be interesting tonight to see which powell running game shows up.

21-16 Rebels. Hats off to a very emotional Panther team. You took advantage of Maryville's poor play as best you could and hung in there. There was a point when Antonio byner was down and hurt that I wasn't too happy with your fans over (were a lil too rowdy while a mans down), but other than that it was a good ballgame and Powell left it all on the field.

The officiating was awful, but I thought over the course of the game it hurt both teams equally. Pleazse don't start the home cooking crap guys. It was just an awful officiating crew. nothing can be done about that.

Congrats to Cody Watts who showed up to guive Maryville a ballgame. Huber played reall well too. You have nothing to hang your heads about Panthers. you just played the best team in 4A to 5 points!! thumb

Make sure you post on the new Maryville/Central thread too. We'll get Tallent back next week. He was up and running around on that ankle. I fear AB is gone for awhile. High ankle sprain AGAIN...poor guy. He was really pumped to be out there again.

I thought Child's two big takeaways from Lee smith were amazing!! We more or less nullfied #6 this time. Taking nothing away from Lee. I wish he wore red and black. I stil don't understand why Powell doesn't utilize him more.

Huber's TD across the middle was a busted assignment, but a thing of beauty for Panther fans. Someone didn't pick him up. He waltzed in.

great ballgame!

259 yds rushing for the panthers............guess they had a running game after all

anyone else notice the asst maryville principle talking about his"good friend"

ronnie carter who was in attendance?

guess the officials heard it to 8 panther penaltys in the 1st qtr to maryvilles 0

not a good career move to throw the flag against ronnies buddys team......lol

now that thats outta the way.........good luck to the rebels the rest of the way

rebs those bruises will go away by friday