Oak Ridge = Underachievers

rayraylewis

I've been going to watch OR football for 25 years. Seen some really good teams there. I have never been as disappointed as I am right now. OR is the most underachieving program in the state right now. OR has 2 very good RB's (45 and 1). 33 ain't bad either. They have a qb capable of throwing the quick passing game. They have the best TE in the state (rarely throw to him), and good receivers (not as good as the past, but good enough). Until OR gets out of their boring, east west, wing t, they'll never be very good. Sure, they'll beat up on the sisters like Bradley and Heritage, but they won't beat good teams. Case in point: They've played one good team this year and got beat. Offense looked good early in the year, but if a team wants to stop OR, just line up and stop the run. Can they throw the ball? Absolutely. Will they? Not until 3rd down or until they absolutely have to. I've never seen a less creative offense than at OR. I've never seen any dumber coaches than at OR. Their offense is stuck in the 50s. They're so unimaginative, boys club teams are harder to defend than OR this year. But, I guess they're content going to the second or third round every year and getting beat. OR has never been satisfied with that. OR people- What has happened? How did it ever come to this? We beat teams that have lesser talent, but can't compete with those that are equal, much less better.

Edited by rayraylewis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been going to watch OR football for 25 years.  Seen some really good teams there.  I have never been as disappointed as I am right now.  OR is the most underachieving program in the state right now.  OR has 2 very good RB's (45 and 1).  33 ain't bad either.  They have a qb capable of throwing the quick passing game.  They have the best TE in the state (rarely throw to him), and good receivers (not as good as the past, but good enough).  Until OR gets out of their boring, east west, wing t, they'll never be very good.

Wow, where do I start? Scoring an average of 44.5 poiints a game not enought for you? We run out of the "I" about 60 percent of the time. Are you sure you have watched our Cats this year? Would you not run the ball with the talent we have both in the backfield and on the line?

Sure, they'll beat up on the sisters like Bradley and Heritage, but they won't beat good teams.  Case in point:  They've played one good team this year and got beat. 

Are you sure you have watched us this season? Dude, we beat 3 top ten teans to win the region championship!! Yes, we got beat by DB, but they were the better team on that night. If we take care of business, we might get to play them again.

Offense looked good early in the year, but if a team wants to stop OR, just line up and stop the run.  Can they throw the ball?  Absolutely.  Will they?  Not until 3rd down or until they absolutely have to.  I've never seen a less creative offense than at OR.  I've never seen any dumber coaches than at OR.  Their offense is stuck in the 50s.  They're so unimaginative, boys club teams are harder to defend than OR this year.  But, I guess they're content going to the second or third round every year and getting beat.  OR has never been satisfied with that.  OR people-  What has happened?  How did it ever come to this?  We beat teams that have lesser talent, but can't compete with those that are equal, much less better.

825420076[/snapback]

Of course the offense looked good, they were playing the weak sisters in our region. Against tougher competition, we have struggled at times. But we have still got the job done and have won. Tell me RayRay, how far did we make it in the playoffs last year? You can look it up.

To close, the next time you attend a game, buy a roster, and pay attention to the play on the field. One of our tight ends, #43, Rck Daniels-Mulholland, caught 2 touchdown passes in our boring run-oriented offense. This is the fist football he has played since his freshman year.

yea ray ray, you obviously havent been paying as good attention as you say you have. this is my boy rick's first year. i mean, hes my boy, but hes hardly the best in the state. come one. and dont knock on the coaches. you arent the one down there having to make the call when its crunch time. i dont guess we can all be as perfect as you are. and ya, we have been goin to more and more I-form every year. but you must not have noticed that...too busy criticizing people

ray ray needs a life or something, cause coaching ain't it. Go away rayray. We are winning, we are now into Round 2. I bet you won't go to Ootlewah or Soddy Daisy and say they ain't much of a team. Farragut is now alive and in round 2 also, I guess they ain't much of a team neither. You either support your team or you don't, and if you do not then you ain't a fan. I defer on what you are.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

I've been going to watch OR football for 25 years. Seen some really good teams there. I have never been as disappointed as I am right now. OR is the most underachieving program in the state right now. OR has 2 very good RB's (45 and 1). 33 ain't bad either. They have a qb capable of throwing the quick passing game. They have the best TE in the state (rarely throw to him), and good receivers (not as good as the past, but good enough). Until OR gets out of their boring, east west, wing t, they'll never be very good. Sure, they'll beat up on the sisters like Bradley and Heritage, but they won't beat good teams. Case in point: They've played one good team this year and got beat. Offense looked good early in the year, but if a team wants to stop OR, just line up and stop the run. Can they throw the ball? Absolutely. Will they? Not until 3rd down or until they absolutely have to. I've never seen a less creative offense than at OR. I've never seen any dumber coaches than at OR. Their offense is stuck in the 50s. They're so unimaginative, boys club teams are harder to defend than OR this year. But, I guess they're content going to the second or third round every year and getting beat. OR has never been satisfied with that. OR people- What has happened? How did it ever come to this? We beat teams that have lesser talent, but can't compete with those that are equal, much less better.

825420076[/snapback]

rayray....joined coacht today just so you could complain, huh? You are almost right....#1 isn't "very good"..he is great! same for 45. and #33 aint bad? you're a joke! #33 is VERY VERY good!! and do NOT forget #42!

tell farragut, ooltewah and soddy that the only good team we played all year was DB! HA HA Ha....you were number 12 man down there on the field, right? that would be the only way you would know this.

Riddle me this, batman...if our players and coaches are all so "less creative", "dumb", "stuck in the 50"s" and "unimaginative" as you say they are how in the world did they ever manage to be #3 in the state right now?

you, rayray, represent the wildcats in a shameful manner! the biggest shame is that this team will read what you have posted!

wildcats...disregard idiots!! you are the best!! and we are with you all the way!

Edited by ORfever