Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

Guest region4fan

hegotgame....I don;t consider you a fan....you were a player. that puts you in a different category than these other folk. You know you will always be my very favorite player/poster from Lebanon. Never another one like you!!I would expect you to bleed blue for life!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region, I wouldn't consider myself a fairweather fan either. Even though I don't get on that much, I've been here since my sophomore year (2001) supporting the team. College has given me a chance to get back on the boards a bit more.

I'm enjoying all these Cookeville fans complaining about getting no respect. The last thing the Cavs need to be worrying about right now is not getting enough "props" on a message board. This Friday will be a defining game for both teams. And no, I don't think it will be a blowout either way.

While I highly respect Joslin and think he is one of the best defensive minds ever, he has been a baby at several games that I have witnessed. One against OHS in the playoffs a few yrs back stands out in my mind. It was ridiculous and he has held a grudge against Oakland since then. I have also seen threads on here that have discussed the same.In fact one wasfrom the Lebanon game earlier in the season.

Again, I think the man is a genius, but he needs to show a bit more composure on the field.

Shaggs, I wouldn't brag about getting flagged fro 613 yds or whatever that was. That definitely shows lack of discipline, and they better work hard on that this week.

Oakland has never been nor ever will be pathetic..............so the bum that said that needs to get a life, dog11......how dare you use the sacred #11??!!!

825421850[/snapback]

in no way was i bragging. i said before that they were highly penalized team.

for dog or whoever posted about lebanon's D against Oakland, that was the worst half of football lebanon played all season. i'm also sure it was one of the best halves Oakland played. the next half lebanon scored 43 points and held OHS to 6. this proves that they can comeback and win and step up when they have to.

the siegel game with the 21 points is funny. the starting D played 1 series in the second half. the stars scored 1 TD in the first half then did everything else to second and third team players.

The amusing thing is that Shaggy was the only guy on here consistently from last season to this one. He has valiantly  fought for these guys thru all kinds of assaults on these boards. He has stuck with them every single game.The others are BANDWAGON......yes, Shaggs that WAS a compliment from ME!

825421863[/snapback]

thanks but i don't think that BBD is bandwagon by any means. these others i have no clue about.

BBD i thought i was going to die when he had to make that kick last time so i hope he doesn't have to again.

First of all, to bigballer93, yes I am the one who said that Coffee County did have a chance against Lebanon. To this very moment, I still think that they did. But everybody, EVEN LEBANON FANS know that eight turnovers in a game is very unlikely by ANY team. Take those eight turnovers out, and the momentum for Lebanon, and YES, it would have been a very close game. Secondly, don't put down Coach Joslin. Whoever said that he makes an excuse every time he loses a game, you must ride the short bus because I played for him for four seasons and can only think of ONE TIME where he blamed the refs for a loss (2000 Beech vs. Cookeville). AND TSSAA reviewed the film from that game and suspended the refs. Every other time, Coach J. takes every single bit of the blame for any loss. He is a team coach and MOST DEFINATELY one of the best, if not THE BEST, in the state. Tell me another time that he made an excuse for losing a game, oh that's right....HE DOES'NT. I think I know, but I am not sure, what everyone is talking about when we played Oakland. If it was the time the score was ran up, then that is a good subject. Here is the solution: KNEEL THE BALL, SHOW SOME CLASS.

Whew....I don't even play anymore and I am getting all worked up.

Okay, back to this game. I hope everybody on Lebanon's team think the way MOST of you do. I hope they get big headed and Cookeville runs them back to Wilson County with their tails between their legs. However, looking at stats and facts. This game is looking to be a low scoring, PHYSICAL, game. Cookeville is hungry for this one. They have looked forward to this game since week 4. They are going to come out like a pack of wolves on fresh meat. And, yes, Cookeville looked bad last week, but I could tell they were overlooking Wilson Central and had their minds on Lebanon. I Know just about everybody on that defense and Tribble, Turner, and Toline are going to step it up as seniors and lay it all out on the line on friday. They do not want Lebanon to score, and they will give the ball to the offense as much as possible. For the offense, Paxton, Ledford, and Styer will all step up tremendously and they will run all over the blue devil defense. You may think I am crazy when I predict this score, but hey, these guys really want it. This defense is not going to fold and neither will the offense. If the cavs don't commit any turnovers, which they have done well with all season, then they will get the win.

Cookeville - 22

Lebanon - 13

Guest Oakland

addressing the oakland game, the td was scored by a guy who was the 3rd string tb, so your not gonna tell him not to score? if the defense's fault if they cant stop they offense. if you dont want them to run up the score, then do something about it!

Oakland[/url'>' date='Nov 8 2004 - 05:46 AM']addressing the oakland game, the td was scored by a guy who was the 3rd string tb, so your not gonna tell him not to score? if the defense's fault if they cant stop they offense. if you dont want them to run up the score, then do something about it!

825422589[/snapback]

Why is this even being discussed? I know about that game.....I PLAYED. We had our third string defense in as well and they looked downright confused. Some of those guys on the field for us probably should have rode on the short bus. Coach J. wanted to get them in just to say they "played" in a playoff game. I have nothing against Oakland, and I highly doubt that Coach J. does either. I even rooted for Oakland to kick Crossville's butt last year in the first round b/c I don't like crossville's fans. Not that that matters or anything.

Guest Oakland

i just brought it up because other cookeville fans have jumped on oakland for supposedly running up the score when they dont know all the facts. however, i believe it was in 2002 when we put a stomping on dem crossville boys :D . anyways back on topic, i have seen cookeville on tape and lebanon twice in person and at this point ill have to take cookeville by 3, although i be rooting for lebanon since they are in region 4(at least for the next few weeks :D )

Cav43- I appreciate your apparent admiration for the present coaching team at Cookeville. I along with you and a host of others appreciate what the head coach has done as well.

But posting that the play calling in a certain game was terrible is hardly bashing a coach.

And pointing out the Cavs weaknesses in the game does not make look Cookeville football look terrible-they did that the beginning of the 2nd quarter and the end of the 4th quarter on their own without any help from me.

Anyone at that game will agree that the Cavs came out flat, the play calling was very predictable and we didn't start mixing it up until the 2nd quarter when we got behind. We got the ball back at the beginning of the 2nd half and ran 2 up the middle and then a sweep in which we got 3 yards. The Cav defense brought the momentum in 2nd half.

With over 4 minutes left to go we put substitutes in the backfield. They fumble and Wilson Central runs it back 70 yards-then score and have a chance with a onside kick to be back in the game.

And by the way I never mentioned any names when pointing out my opinions of apparent weaknesses much unlike you did earlier in the year when you felt the need to bash a particular Cav player and call his name publicly. Maybe you need to take some of your own medicine.

Part of maturity is being able to realistically look at strengths and weaknesses in something that is dear to you, maybe you just haven't grown up yet!

Guest region4fan

Blackandbluedevil................okay let me give you your props. Yes, you have been on the boards pretty regularly for the Blue Devils. I put you in a different category than Shaggy though. Shaggs is similar to me........unwavering in his support even if fanatical. We both can cross the line with our enthusiasm and faith in our team. You, on the other hand, can give the other team their props, give your team a dressing down if needed, and be objective in every post, and do it all without getting the reader angry with you. You make us stop and think and consider the alternatives. In short, you sometimes shut me up. :D

Your posts are fair, balanced, and are more of a sportswriter's point of view ( at least an extremely good one.....not from the DNJ in the Boro!!hahahah).You give pros and cons. I have told you before that you have a solid future in sports journalism. Therefore I don't think of you as a fan..........more of a writer with a slant of blue and white. thumb I like reading your posts every time. When I see Shaggy's name, I get ready to brace myself and bring out the D. Yours make me nod my head in agreement and smile.

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 8 2004 - 05:59 AM'] however, i believe it was in 2002 when we put a stomping on dem crossville boys :D . anyways back on topic, i have seen cookeville on tape and lebanon twice in person and at this point ill have to take cookeville by 3, although i be rooting for lebanon since they are in region 4(at least for the next few weeks :D )

825422592[/snapback]

Yeah, I knew it was in 2002. I've been up all night, i've got an excuse for getting things mixed up. By the way, if you think the cavs look good on tape, you ought to come watch them play this friday.