Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

To cav43 and disgusted fan. Come on, now. We are all Cookeville fans. Both of you brought up some really good points and maybe disgustedfans post could have been taken in a number of ways, but in my piont of view I think the coaching staff WANTED to cut their playbook in half last week. They wanted it to be predictable because they knew even predictable would beat wilson central. Maybe Coach J didnt want to give lebanon any looks on film so they can open the playbook wide open on friday night.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the reason you got so defensive was because you my dear friend apear to be in denial about what has took place this year. And that is you seem to refuse to believe that even for one second that the roles of the prestegous Oakland and the little underdog Cookeville have swapped which is the case(at least for this year). That Cookeville sits at 10-1, ranked 4th in the state, and is hosting a second round playoff game after winning their region and Oakland sits @ home with a not so impressive 2-8. And for this year at least Cookeville knows that if they were to line up against Oakland(which they cant seeing as how they didnt make the playoffs) they would more than likely beat them. And it has not been to many times Cookeville has been able to say that over the last decade. State your opinion all you want but sending out personal insults isnt getting you or your beloved school(since you are a diehard fan) anywhere in the class department and ultimately thats what any coach wants for his players and the school is to be known as class individuals. And that supercedes winning by a long shot. So you might want to watch how you represent your school because no matter what kind of person you are, the reputation of your school will always be the first thing people think about and once again your not helping them out any. And since I dont know you personally your schools rep and the rep you are giving them with your classless remarks are all I can go by, but I retain my self higher than to personally insult you that is why I wrote all that stuff above!

Sorry to get off topic...And a 10-1 record is no slouch I dont care who you play and in what region that is hard to do because someone has to get out there and take the snaps and score the points and stop other people from scoring them.

And my guess is that the game between Lebanon and Cookeville Friday will be one of the best games of the year, because no matter what people say these two teams are very evenly matched when you talk about the whole football team and that is what decides the game...the whole team, not a stellar offense vs a stellar defense...but all phases of the game.

Edited by dog11

no doubt that a 10-1 record is something to be proud of. this week you have to prove it should be 11-0.

as far as the rankings go i and a few other lebanon fans have asked about the ranking system. it turns out that lebanon has not been ranked because they play a 4A school that was unranked and didn't make the playoffs. smyrna and cookeville both beaten by lebanon were ranked in the top 10 because they play all 5A schools.

if anyone asks about riverdale and cpa riverdale's ranking was not hurt more because cpa was ranked #1 in 1A when they played, but because cpa dropped it may have caused riverdale to drop.i know this is a little off topic but i thought it was interesting.

Why dont you Oakland fans go start your own thread because all you are doing here is taking away from the topic of COOKEVILLE and LEBANON. Nowhere did we see "Oakland Comments" as a link for this topic. Why dont you get off Coach J too? The man is a dedicated coach who will do anything for his players. I have never seen a coach that did not argue with the refs once or twice. And on the topic of region changes...Cookeville could compete with the Murfreesboro region as well as anyone.

Guest Oakland

you cookeville folks brought it up 1st, not me, so get to your on people about that, i was just merely adding to the conversation. anyways, to the game, does anybody know what the weather conditions are supposed to be for friday at cookeville?

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 8 2004 - 03:38 PM']you cookeville folks brought it up 1st, not me, so get to your on people about that, i was just merely adding to the conversation. anyways, to the game, does anybody know what the weather conditions are supposed to be for friday at cookeville?

825423590[/snapback]

Cold.

Well then it probably wont make you feel any better to know that Cookeville played 2 4A teams in White Co.(4-6) which is a rivalry game and Columbia Central(6-4) who lost in the first round.

825423017[/snapback]

that is such crap. i guess it applied more to smyrna then cookeville since cookeville does have a better record. and record should beat record no matter what head to head says(as far as rankings go).