Greenbrier vs Marshall Co.

Touchdown4Bobcats

First off both teams made mistakes last time they played. Like Mctiger said Marshall County played four quarters last friday night. If we come out and play this friday night it will be a good game. I have to give some credit to the Greenbrier they have come along way, but Marshall county has too. By the way coach mac won a state championship with moore county also.

good luck tigers make us proud and if Greenbrier wins good luck the rest of the season

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head Coach of Greenbrier Kirk Williams has won a state title to with Springfield...Correct me if I am wrong but I think it was back in.....93? So both the Coach's know how it feels and it depends on which of these coaching staffs want it more.....The player will do there jobs and the coaches will do theres....I am basing the State Title from TigerFan17 he said he as won one....

Guest catfish-hunter
What has been the reason for the Tiger"s turnaround....mctigerfan? They were almost dead  a couple of weeks ago after Sycamore.

I guess the GB Qb is getting his timing back now???

825425163[/snapback]

They did not exactly look "dead" two weeks ago against Sycamore. They ran the football all night long, but were unable to break the BIG ONE on our defense. They took a 20-7 lead, then they had the extra-point blocked (which everyone on here knows can often times come back and haunt you). In the final quarter of that game, Josh Garza and Maurice Polk started playing like they did back in the 2003 season and Justin Billingsley hit both of his PAT's to give Sycamore the one-point lead. On first down of the final series of the game, Marshall County had a screen-play set up perfectly but they got popped with a false start penalty that killed their hopes of catching the War Eagles defense off-guard. I knew all along that Marshall County was much better than their 5-5 record and Lexington can now tell you all the exact same thing. Greenbrier knows that Marshall County has the type of athletes and coaches to win in the postseason, despite what their record was in the regular season, and that is why I feel Marshall County will walk away victorious at the end of this football game. It should be a great one folks!!!

Guest catfish-hunter
Finally someone sees the reality that is a Marshall win.  I am bored out of my mind.  Please give me something to make fun of, it shouldn't be that hard in Greenbrier.

825425855[/snapback]

Please refrain from making personal attacks towards the great people of the city of Greenbrier. My father owns his own shop in Greenbrier and I can tell you that it is a place where I would like to one day live. They have a great school with one heck of a football team and the reason that those kids are successful is because they are class acts both on and off of the field. I highly doubt that coach Williams has to stay up at night wondering what kind of trouble his players are getting into because they all carry a CHAMPIONSHIP attitude. This is why they have won back-to-back region titles and this is why they went to the state semifinals in 2003 and are favored to do better than that in 2004.

Hello to the city (???) of Greenbrier. It's been a while. It is truly a pleasure to be back on a Greenbrier board. Oh well, being somewhat familiar with both programs, I must say I am rooting for the best talkers, and sadly enough that is Greenbrier. Jungle is trying, but sorry man, these bobcat fans have been at it a little longer than you.

Side-note: I hope for the sake of the sport that teams don't use the stuff written on here as "motivation." I hope that teams are motivated personally to perform well, and I think this board is a place where fans can have a little fun. Players have their fun on the field, I have mine here, and hope you do too.

Please refrain from making personal attacks towards the great people of the city of Greenbrier.  My father owns his own shop in Greenbrier and I can tell you that it is a place where I would like to one day live.  They have a great school with one heck of a football team and the reason that those kids are successful is because they are class acts both on and off of the field.  I highly doubt that coach Williams has to stay up at night wondering what kind of trouble his players are getting into because they all carry a CHAMPIONSHIP attitude.  This is why they have won back-to-back region titles and this is why they went to the state semifinals in 2003 and are favored to do better than that in 2004.

825425867[/snapback]

I am so glad you quoted that post by me then told me not to make personal attacks. You got it. I barely know a soul in Greenbrier, therefore I find it kind of hard to make a personal attack. So, since you accused me of it, I am soo sorry. Of course they have a good football team, they're here aren't they? Seriously, you went a little skitzo with this post, covered a lot of bases here. Relax, take a breathe, and get ready to get beat.

They did not exactly look "dead" two weeks ago against Sycamore.  They ran the football all night long, but were unable to break the BIG ONE on our defense.  They took a 20-7 lead, then they had the extra-point blocked (which everyone on here knows can often times come back and haunt you).  In the final quarter of that game, Josh Garza and Maurice Polk started playing like they did back in the 2003 season and Justin Billingsley hit both of his PAT's to give Sycamore the one-point lead.  On first down of the final series of the game, Marshall County had a screen-play set up perfectly but they got popped with a false start penalty that killed their hopes of catching the War Eagles defense off-guard.  I knew all along that Marshall County was much better than their 5-5 record and Lexington can now tell you all the exact same thing.  Greenbrier knows that Marshall County has the type of athletes and coaches to win in the postseason, despite what their record was in the regular season, and that is why I feel Marshall County will walk away victorious at the end of this football game.  It should be a great one folks!!!

825425853[/snapback]

I can't take anymore....Please. Just because CBarkley/Catfish Hunter is kissing up to his previous coach, Tommy Tharp, does not make it a "win".. Check CBarkley's posts. He is all over the map. You can go back and read where he does nothing but sing the praises of Herndon and how great Greenbrier is and then he flips flops with the wind. Now he is all over Marshall County. Maybe because Sycamore beat Marshall and he wants to make the claim the beat the state champ??? Wonder if he'd jump on the bandwagon if MC had beat them? You're as clear as glass, CB. Ever heard of sour grapes? Of all people you should know that Greenbrier can win twice over the same team.

Everyone's going to go with who they THINK will win, (yes, just as I THINK Greenbrier will.) It's all a matter of opinion, you'll find a couple of previous posters have an opinion about EVERYTHING.

Edited by WHHS1975

Straight from Greenbriar's Finest:

hey im sleepin right now u can call me if u want 838-****. (females only)

- P

825425918[/snapback]

:):):lol::lol::lol:

Nice try with your FIRST post. I can guarantee that Greenbrier's "finest" and residents KNOW how to spell Greenbrier.

Thanks for going back and correcting your spelling, but giving out someone's phone number is NOT COOL. "Delete" is a good option.

Edited by EZBeingGreen