Greenbrier vs Marshall Co.

Touchdown4Bobcats

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Greenbrier McNairy game and i haven't seen a team as good as Greenbrier all season.....they are extremely fast. I have seen Lexington play and thats who Marshall County beat...i can't remember the score, but it wasn't a blow out. McNairy almost beat lexington this year. Therefore, I will say that Greenbrier takes this one easily.

Does it really matter who wins this matchup?  They are going to get beaten in the next round anyways.  Region 5-3A is possibly the weakest region in the state and it always has been.  When Page went undefeated and said they weren't impressed with South Side, they got beat 25-0 at home.  When Hightower led Marshall Co. to an undefeated year they were put out by South Side.  The next year Marshall complained about field conditions in the Tennessan and then took a loss on the chin at home to South Side.  Crockett County has also ended many a region 5-3A's season. No offense but Giles Co., and Montgomery Central do not need to be in 3-A.  I am not saying that this year region 6-3A is the best in state but it is near the top and in the past they had the top three teams in state (2000, South Side, Milan, Crockett Co.)  It seems to me every year some team from 5-3A gets the big head (I guess its fom the train whistle MC) and gets beaten.  Maybe if you all would play football instead of gathering around the field to pay omage to 'Remember the Titans' (again MC) then you may be a good region.  Some would say I don't know what I'm talking about but I've played in Page and had their crowd come behind our bench and throw things at me, I've had a certain head coach at Marshall Co. want to talk to me before the game to try and calm me down.  I've been booed at MC and heard the many shouts of LEWISBURG while hearing that stupid whistle.

Like it or not the season is about to end...and there is nothing that any team form 5-3A can do about it.

825426078[/snapback]

Supporters of Region 5-3A-

I don't know who this chowderhead is, but I want to unequivocally state that I don't think it's anyone from Crockett County (or at least I hope not). I cannot speak for anyone else in this region, but your region has our upmost respect. I know most of the posters from Crockett County by their handles and don't recognize this one.

The way I see it, most years Region 5 is deeper top to bottom than Region 6, but the top two teams from each region are usually pretty equal. Each region has had the edge in any given year.

Anyone have exact statistics to quarter-final or deeper appearances since 2000 for these two regions? My bet is the totals are pretty close.

Actually ended up finding the info myself. I searched back to 1999 (Before that Crockett County was in Region 7).

2003: Greenbrier def Crockett

2002: Crockett def Marshall County

2001: Crockett def Sycamore, advance to championship game

2000: Southside def Marshall

1999: Milan def Southside, won championship

So, in the last 5 seasons, the count is thus:

Region 5- 4 Quarterfinalists, 1 Semifinalist

Region 6- 6 Quarterfinalists, 4 Semifinalists, 2 Finalists, 1 Championship

To be honest, my memory was a bit foggier than I remembered, and I'd barely missed a Cavalier game in the last nine years until this year. I was expecting this to be a little more even.

To all these DL guys... DO YOU HAVE LIFES????? I have heard that yall arent even in high school anymore. Is this true, but if it is why dont you stop being fools and go to the library and study or something, that is if daddy hasnt already paid the teachers to give you good grades!? I mean running your mouths about Pigg is just stupid i mean first of all you dont know him second of all he would prolly demolish any of you that ever wanted to try and i have a feeling he is more mature than you will ever be. I mean you go to college can you not find anything better to do than run your mouths on the internet. Heres an idea for all you dl guys that seem to have nothing better to do. You know that little switch on the back of your computers that says on or off switch it to off, go home and play a action packed game of badminton or something but PLEASE PLEASE dont get on here again do us all a favor!!

To all these DL guys... DO YOU HAVE LIFES????? I have heard that yall arent even in high school anymore. Is this true, but if it is why dont you stop being fools and go to the library and study or something, that is if daddy hasnt already paid the teachers to give you good grades!? I mean running your mouths about Pigg is just stupid i mean first of all you dont know him second of all he would prolly demolish any of you that ever wanted to try and i have a feeling he is more mature than you will ever be. I mean you go to college can you not find anything better to do than run your mouths on the internet.  Heres an idea for all you dl guys that seem to have nothing better to do. You know that little switch on the back of your computers that says on or off switch it to off, go home and play a action packed game of badminton or something but PLEASE PLEASE dont get on here again do us all a favor!!

825427191[/snapback]

I thought we got rid of your lame comments last year Yankees. No one cares what you have to say. I go to the library to get away from reading things that people like you write. I hate to get this thread off topic, but let it go, buddy. You and your little rat friends are so bothered by what people say. I come on here to talk about high school sports, but I also cannot let ignorance slide by unnoticed. Some people deserve to be called out, myself included. Also, if you are going to try and talk noise to DL people, do it well. You are an absolute disgrace to the trash talking world. On another note, I really do not care about this Pigg character. He is not more mature than me, nor would he 'demolish' me. I doubt he can get his girls away from us for a few minutes to demolish us anyway. Your argument is weak, and you rhetoric immature. I have way better things to be doing than having to defend myself on coacht.com. I appreciate everything this site is about. The fact that I am in college makes no difference as to why I should or should not be on this board. For the most part I stay on the DL boards, but Greenbrier is also an interest of mine. Who is to say I cannot post on these boards? Most all of my posts are on topic, but IMO, if someone is being an idiot, that is a topic in itself. I apologize to anyone looking for intelligent talk on this board. You are not going to find it as long as Greenbrier students are trying to call out DL people. They are fighting a losing battle.

Edited by hsfball

To all these DL guys... DO YOU HAVE LIFES????? I have heard that yall arent even in high school anymore. Is this true, but if it is why dont you stop being fools and go to the library and study or something, that is if daddy hasnt already paid the teachers to give you good grades!? I mean running your mouths about Pigg is just stupid i mean first of all you dont know him second of all he would prolly demolish any of you that ever wanted to try and i have a feeling he is more mature than you will ever be. I mean you go to college can you not find anything better to do than run your mouths on the internet.  Heres an idea for all you dl guys that seem to have nothing better to do. You know that little switch on the back of your computers that says on or off switch it to off, go home and play a action packed game of badminton or something but PLEASE PLEASE dont get on here again do us all a favor!!

825427191[/snapback]

...What do you mean? Responding to facts not in evidence here, I will continue. First off: Lives genius. Stop being fools? Library? Study? -- What is your definition of college? If Daddy hasn't paid...Good one. Pigg demolish any of us...Okay, you tell Pigg to come see us if he can get away from all his girls. Tell him we'll find ourselves some pads and helmets anytime he chooses. I refuse to comment on the badminton sentence based strictly on the ratio of intelligence from you to me.

You post something like this in response to what? I am not sure. I am sure however that you have no business on CoachT after posting something like that. I know my role on here: I am the occasionaly sarcastic guy who actually knows something about the sport of football. And you should know yours. If you would like some help with this, follow my directions: Stand up. Face your computer. Do a 180. Now Walk. Walk. Walk. SIT DOWN! Now you just stay right there, three paces from your keyboard.

I really wish the [what do you call yourselves? - a city?] of Greenbrier would keep a football board a football board and end this nonsense. Good luck to both teams.

Guest Move Those Chains

825427191[/snapback]

...It seems you guys may have lit your match too close to the wrong group of firecrackers. Good luck.

Sounds like someone is trying to impress some Greenbrier girls. I wish Will and his buddies would start their own thread.

Possible topics:

1. HORMONES GONE WILD and all I have is this keyboard.

2. My buddies and me are HARD UP. QUICK CLICK THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON

3. READ MY OBNOXIOUS QUOTES…I AM SO CUTE

4. Hey Will…. Good try but you got caught you Lil Miss Pigg