Mt.Pleasant vs. CPA

mphstigerfan

Interesting post..Were you treated poorly by Mt Pleasant people ? What perception did the people have of your friends from CPA ? And just to inform you..There were people from Lewis County, Lawrence County, Maury County..all over the area. If you were treated bad by anyone from Mt Pleasant, shame on them !!

I am curious what led to your post. Your comment about perceptions makes me wonder if maybe your friends thought maybe the Mt Pleasant folk's weren't as classy as they were ? I hope not !! What perceptions would anyone have of people from CPA ? We get it all the time on this board about the Nashville schools coming down to play in the pasture ( perceptions ) and we just grin and go on !!! I come from the big city, but now live in Mt Pleasant. I go to many games ( high school, college and pro ) in Nashville...wonderful people !! Mt Pleasant has wonderful people too..would not trade fans, or friends with any town, big or small. What ever the problem was, I hope it was isolated. Every crowd that big has a couple folk's that don't act right..sorry. If you were refering to the fan's as a whole, loud, excited, wanting to win like never before ? That would be us !! To all the people from CPA, Great game, best of luck in the future.

825430975[/snapback]

As a CPA fan, I have no idea what the person is talking about. I certainly had no complaints about the MP fans. Fun night of football, even though I was cheering for the losing side. I would say MP rates very high for Friday Night atmosphere.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hated it, it was a flat out awesome game. CPA just thought they had it won and was looking foward, when they did so....Mt. Peasant took them to the house. The wind was a huge factor in our passing game last night. QB just couldn't figure it out. I will say that "y'all" do have some great athletes. #30, #20, and #81 are really something. As much love as I have for CPA, they just lost it in that forth quarter. They thought they had it won and didn't realize they were losing until the last drive and we just ran out of time. Good season CPA, I'm proud of you all. Hey IT HAPPENS.

As for Mt. Pleasant......Congratulations. A WIN is a WIN and I can't imagine some of the trailor parties you all had last night. lol joking :P . You all have produced a pretty solid squad. Your passing defense was alright(really couldn't tell b/c of the wind). Your running game is good and #32 I heard was a freshman, GOT TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THAT. QB wasn't that great but you all have so much athletic ability in your backs it doesn't really matter. I was impressed with #50 also, that kid hit hard every play.

I will say I don't think MP will defeat DCA. It'll be just too much for them, but hey after last night you really can't count them out. Good luck to both teams but lets go DCA!!!

As much as I hated it, it was a flat out awesome game. CPA just thought they had it won and was looking foward, when they did so....Mt. Peasant took them to the house. The wind was a huge factor in our passing game last night. QB just couldn't figure it out. I will say that "y'all" do have some great athletes. #30, #20, and #81 are really something. As much love as I have for CPA, they just lost it in that forth quarter. They thought they had it won and didn't realize they were losing until the last drive and we just ran out of time. Good season CPA, I'm proud of you all. Hey IT HAPPENS.

As for Mt. Pleasant......Congratulations. A WIN is a WIN and I can't imagine some of the trailor parties you all had last night. lol joking :P . You all have produced a pretty solid squad. Your passing defense was alright(really couldn't tell b/c of the wind). Your running game is good and #32 I heard was a freshman, GOT TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THAT. QB wasn't that great but you all have so much athletic ability in your backs it doesn't really matter. I was impressed with #50 also, that kid hit hard every play.

I will say I don't think MP will defeat DCA. It'll be just too much for them, but hey after last night you really can't count them out. Good luck to both teams but lets go DCA!!!

825431166[/snapback]

#32 is George Sparkman, he's a junior. We have a really good freshman back in #12 Marco Dailey but he's hampered with a cast on his hand. By the way the wind just didnt blow when you guys had the ball it blew all 4 quarters.

What a game in the jungle! First let me say that all my encounters with CPA fans was friendly and they all seem to be pretty classy. MP fans shouldn't be sterotyped by a couple of bad fans(if they were even from MP) everybody has a couple, no matter wre you go. I think we can put to rest the question of can Region 6 play with 5, sounded like WC went to DCA and played there guts out and gave DCA a real scare, but as a sign of a good team they pulled it out and MP dug deep out of a situation they haven't been in all year(trailing by 14 in the 4th) the heart they showed to come back like that was unbelievable, say what you want about Mp's schedule they beat a powerhouse in CPA, the game was extremly physical both ways. Mp's DB'S have been under fire for the last few weeks and stepped up huge in stopping one of the most potent passing attacks in the state. It's got to be hard running a passing route into the Mp secondary knowing #30 Rod Whitiker is learking. Don't get me wrong,CPA got some nice licks in themselves, but #30 laid the wood to Sikes. Tough kid though, he hoped up and shook it off and made a nice punt very next play.Take it easy on mphstigerfan, I heard them say refs missed a late hit against Mp and also bragging on CPA'S discipline and open field tackling being so solid. Refs missed a few obvious calls(both ways) and people listening can't see what is happening. You have to remember you are there eyes. If there are 2,500 Tiger faithful booing in the background, people want to know what is going on and you try and explain as best as you can. As for the last two pass interference calls they were no gift, they were extremly obvious. As for Kelley not being a good QB??? The guy stepped in the pocket and made some of the biggest throws down the stretch as you could have asked for. Mp's Offensive plan ain't exactly vanilla, he's as solid of a man at making things tick as you could want. He became 2nd Qb in Mp history to go over 1,000 yard mark.(not to shabby) those footballs don't throw themselves to J Webster and Butler and Dugger etc., Josh Kelley along with every other senior on this team will forever be remembered in the hearts of the Tiger Nation as one of the most couragous, talented,and strong willed teams to ever wear the red and blue of Mp. "Two years ago we were the laughing stock of the region" someone said?? I don't think Mp has made a habit of being at the bottom for long periods of time like some teams in the region have been know to do. I won't say names cause it just ain't something I do. But who's laughing now??? Well I know this was a little long so I'll save some for about mid-week, thank you to all who took the time to read it . TIGERS, JUST KEEP IT UP AND GET READY FOR ANOTHER GOOD TEAM, WE ARE PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. And one last piece of advice for all, IF YOU AIN'T A TIGER, YOUR TIGERBAIT

From someone who just wanted to see a good game at Mt. Pleasant I was surprised at the lack of class from their fans. I know some people at CPA and you truly have no idea what they are about. It is a shame that people get certain perceptions with virtually no facts to back it up and act like its proven truth. So is life...

825430939[/snapback]

I honestly thought both sides showed class. I am very curious to know what happened to make you feel that the fans from Mt. Pleasant have no class??

The wind was a huge factor in our passing game last night. QB just couldn't figure it out.

Your passing defense was alright(really couldn't tell b/c of the wind).

yep, there is always some kind of an excuse isnt there??? :ph34r:

i hope that MP wins the state, and beats all the privates that they play! thumb

congrats and GO MP!!