Mt.Pleasant vs. CPA

mphstigerfan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen MP play this year, but they had better be ready for a Fun 'n' Gun offense from CPA. They play totally from the shotgun and are darn good at it. They have a tremendous amount of speed and play totally two platoon, so they will have a great depth advantage. CPA, however, has shown a weakness against the run, which appears to be(from reading some about MP) the Tigers offensive strength.

Close game and I actually won't predict a winner at the risk of looking like a fool because this game could go a lot of different ways.

EDIT: Question: Have these two teams ever played each other?

Haven't seen MP play this year, but they had better be ready for a Fun 'n' Gun offense from CPA. They play totally from the shotgun and are darn good at it. They have a tremendous amount of speed and play totally two platoon, so they will have a great depth advantage. CPA, however, has shown a weakness against the run, which appears to be(from reading some about MP) the Tigers offensive strength. 

Close game and I actually won't predict a winner at the risk of looking like a fool because this game could go a lot of different ways.

EDIT: Question: Have these two teams ever played each other?

825421970[/snapback]

Not that i can remember. I think this will be the first meeting.

Mt. Pleasant uses the home field quite to its advantage. Expect music to be blaring from the PA system and the fans to be rowdy. Mt. Pleasant has a lot of athleticism, but it lacks CPA's experience. If CPA doesn't turn the ball over, then CPA is a winner. I'm not convinced that Mt. Pleasant can contain a really good passing attack. Also, it hurts the Tigers a bit to have played somewhat inferior competition all year. I feel like CPA's schedule has been much more difficult.

Robjim -- I'm somewhat familiar with CPA, but I don't know that much about DCA. I'm planning on watching them play this week. What types of things can I expect to see on offense? I hear they have a lot of athletes.

Thanks

Mt. Pleasant uses the home field quite to its advantage.  Expect music to be blaring from the PA system and the fans to be rowdy.  Mt. Pleasant has a lot of athleticism, but it lacks CPA's experience.  If CPA doesn't turn the ball over, then CPA is a winner.  I'm not convinced that Mt. Pleasant can contain a really good passing attack.  Also, it hurts the Tigers a bit to have played somewhat inferior competition all year.  I feel like CPA's schedule has been much more difficult.

Robjim -- I'm somewhat familiar with CPA, but I don't know that much about DCA.  I'm planning on watching them play this week.  What types of things can I expect to see on offense?  I hear they have a lot of athletes.

Thanks

825422004[/snapback]

Your asking the wrong guy, I just keep the stats. I'm sure we will get someone to respond to what stuff we do. It's going to be fun. Save me a spot in pressbox.

Mount Plesant has a very athletic team. They have an outstanding middle linebacker and a very good defensive end #5. I will say that this is a public school team that has more talent than most privates. I had a chance to watch DCA and they are alot more talented, bigger, and faster, but not as displined. I am not for sure about their pass coverage. Not everyone will have a QB like they saw in week 10. This should be the biggest cat fight of the year! Good luck Tigers.

Sorry about the confusion Robjim, but I was wanting your opinions about DCA. I'm going to watch the game between DCA and Wayne County this week. I've seen some region 6A games, and I'm familiar with CPA but not with DCA. As for the pressbox in Mt. Pleasant, expect it to be really loud. Especially if the Tigers play well.

Thanks for any info. that you have.

Sorry about the confusion Robjim, but I was wanting your opinions about DCA.  I'm going to watch the game between DCA and Wayne County this week.  I've seen some region 6A games, and I'm familiar with CPA but not with DCA.  As for the pressbox in Mt. Pleasant, expect it to be really loud.  Especially if the Tigers play well.

Thanks for any info. that you have.

825422033[/snapback]

The pressbox at MPHS is pretty large but occasionally it can get to rocking. The FRA coaches that were in the pressbox were talking some crazy stuff this past Friday and got the folks in there a little fired up so to speak.