who are the best sportswriters

lander33

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. KingBrine fur the Morgan Cownty News is good. Footbawl an bassketbawl coverige is eggselent. Also ole Goose Linnsey fur the Roane Cownty News is right on, too. Worst? most anyboddy from the Knocksville News Senseless. There H.S. coverage is bad. :) Caint say much better fur the Colleges and Pros. B)

Edited by festus

Mr. KingBrine fur the Morgan Cownty News is good.  Footbawl an bassketbawl coverige is eggselent.  Also ole Goose Linnsey fur the Roane Cownty News. Worst? most anyboddy from the Knocksville News Senseless. There H.S. coverage is bad.  :) Caint say much better fur the Colleges and Pros. B)

825429089[/snapback]

Hands down the best is Evan Jones of the Lake County Banner.Has won numerous awards in sports reporting.

KingBrian has won his share of awards in Morgan County as well. KingBrian does an excellent job keeping those athletes in his county well covered. I also cannot deny the gooseman of his props as he does an excellent for all the athletes in Roane County. I almost miss (well..I do miss) covering games for these two fine gentlemen. The Oak Ridger got them a fine in Tank as well. Hopefully, they will let him do more than just Oak Ridge sports--which I believe they have been doing lately!!

Coach Stiltner

I like em all and anytime you think you don't, then think of how life would be without them. When I hear the song American Pie talking about "the day the music died"... well I worry about the day that sportswriters quit writing on HS sports because editors and owners don't think HS sports are important enough!  .... Doug Dyer, Donavan Stewart, and Jeff Lockridge do a great job in Williamson County for Williamson A.M / Review Appeal  as do Wally Whidby and all the others at the City Paper!

825426016[/snapback]

Doug Dyer?? I know you aren't THAT much of a Brentwood High fan! :P

All I'll say is that if every game went as Mr. Dyer predicted, BA would be about 10-40 over the last four years. Go ahead Doug...pick MUS in the Clinic Bowl...I'm begging you!!

Dougie Dyer picked CPA the number 1 team in Williamson co. at one time......give me a break. If that held true the rest of the remaining Williamson co. teams need to forfeit.

He use his personal contacts with the coaches to get on coacht under a screen name and blast some of them. I have no respect for him. I wonder how much he got hurt when he fell off the Centennial bandwagon.

Lockridge does the best in the Tennessean.....without him...middle Tn high schools would suffer.