Best wrestler who never placed

dragon12

I would say that Bobby Hale from Smyrna is the best. Just to throw out a few other Smyrna names that Sommers and Gonyea forgot. Matt Wallace, who placed at McCallie but didnt place at state. Also Derrick Pierce who was easily beating Quinn Gibson from Bradley before he shot in and cut his eye clean open.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Bobby Hale from Smyrna is the best. Just to throw out a few other Smyrna names that Sommers and Gonyea forgot. Matt Wallace, who placed at McCallie but didnt place at state. Also Derrick Pierce who was easily beating Quinn Gibson from Bradley before he shot in and cut his eye clean open.

825496403[/snapback]

I forgot about Pierce. He was really good too.

Derrick Pierce was the 160 pounder from Smyrna. Talent wise he was as good as anybody. He was just not consistent. He could be bent in the most awful positions and come up smiling cause he was double jointed. It was pretty cool. I think had it not been for a shoulder injury he would have placed at state his senior year.

I would have to say Zach Borneman. He wrestled in college for a year after his senior year, and he can still come back and kick the crap out of any of the Houston kids

825497158[/snapback]

that's not saying much, kicking the poopoo out a child from the ranch... :P

he was on page one, post 11 of this thread, must have been good to keep coming up. :lol:

Derrick who....??

From where...??

Was beating Quinn when...??

Easily..??

Really...????

825497175[/snapback]

Unless, this is regarding Parkview's (Sophomore) Coach's son or Nick Marable, I don't know is anyone was beating Quinn that year. Perhaps there was a quick take down by Derrick with a quick answer(s) from Quinn in the State tournament.

soms