DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not even get into officiating because in Tennessee it's just bad. It's bad against everybody, so let's stay away from public vs. private because the truth of the matter is that the truth can't be handled. It's really not the refs fault intentionally; they are just not very qualified and/or professional. TSSAA needs a lot of work. I am just comparing to other states. But let's understand, officiating is not a fun job. It isn't great pay, and the pay seems even worse when you have to deal with coaches. But the truth about partisan officiating is as Jack Nicklaus says, "You can't handle the truth". It hurts too badly.

It's tough for any private school when they face a public school. It's a long

running joke that the privates are always the visiting team when they play a

public school (whether they are playing at home or not). Private teams only get

a home field advantage when they are playing another private team and they are

playing on their own home field. It's a fact!

Most officials want the teams to determine the winner of the game and

not a pass interference call. It is unusual to see a call by an official affect the

game in the closing minutes of a game.

Having two pass iterference calls is a statistical impossibility...........or a miracle

It's worse in basketball!

The fastest man on the field last week, this week, and the other 11 weeks of MP football is #3 Dugger.  Then you have #'s 7,30,32,20,4,5 and 81 who can all go.  The Tigers have to play with few if any mistakes,but if they do they win.  GO TIGERS!!!

825439809[/snapback]

You forgot about #12! He is finally healthy and ready to get back into action. :angry:

Go Tigers!

In almost every game I've seen this year, there have been horrendous calls by the officials both ways but mostly against the team I was rooting for, of course. Pass interference is the most overly called penalty in high school football. A DB cannot cut off a route and make a play on the ball without being flagged. Offensive holding could probably be called on every play so when one team has many more holding calls against it than the other, it seems very suspicious. I'm not saying there are biases by the officials... Oh wait, yes I am. Actually I think Grey Ghost is right when he said they are just not very good. Most of those bad calls I'm referring to were against the home team.

DCA 31

MP 21

And the hits just keep on coming. Do you guys need some tissues. Two pass interference calls! I cant believe it took a week before someone cryied about it. You guys are to funny. Look, its cool to get on here and give your opinion, thats what this is all about. I just don't understand why its OK for private school fans to make excuses, but heaven forbid if a public school fan comes close to giving one. I guess through all the years I shouldn't expect anything different. Good luck Tigers, and lets give one more private the privilage to make excuses for another week.

LOL it's a deal, robjim. come on back Friday night and we will save you a seat!  thumb

825431347[/snapback]

Mom, can't make it, me and Mrs Robjim are going out. Owe it to her for missing the last 12 Friday nites. Think some folks are coming from CPA, just not sure who they will be rooting for! <_< Good luck to the tigers and tell the boys up in the pressbox I say hey.

You are missing the point completely Grey Ghost. Tonight the school enrollment doesn't matter one bit. It's not even a factor. It's about smash mouth, knock out football. One good team vs. another. None of the politics should even be brought up at this point it's all about the game right now not some stupid enrollment politics. There is alot on the line this week but neither school should be thinking this game is the key to state. They have to get passed the previously unbeatable USJ Bruins to go to Murfresboro. We can talk about size and speed all day. USJ has speed and some size on the o-line, but what matters is the hunger. This USJ team plays with more heart than any team I have ever seen and they are hungry for State. They deserve to be there and they very well could be. Good luck to both teams tonight.

Mom, can't make it, me and Mrs Robjim are going out.  Owe it to her for missing the last 12 Friday nites.  Think some folks are coming from CPA, just not sure who they will be rooting for! :o Good luck to the tigers and tell the boys up in the pressbox I say hey.

825441058[/snapback]

Take her somewhere nice, robjim. She deserves it I am sure thumb

Tell everyone from CPA they are welcome in the Jungle no matter who they will be rooting for, I expect much of the same from the fans (LOUD ~N~ PROUD)!

This should be a very good game between two great teams. I obviously think my TIGERS can pull this one off B) Everyone traveling to "Tha Jungle" have a safe trip. It is really a shame that either team will have to lose, but thats the way it is.

LET'S GO TIGERS~ I am ready to do the "TIGER RUMBLE" in THA JUNGLE!!!!!! thumb

P.S. I will make sure to tell everyone in the pressbox you said hello, and thanks for the "good luck"!

Edited by TigerMoM1