Maryvile to remain in 4-A ?

Murvul

dandy82 and other fans.

You guys need to realize that most of these Maryville fans getting on here and talking trash are students. Kids.I don't like these posts by Maryville fans that say we can beat anyone no matter what the class is.It just gives these anti Maryville fans something to gripe about. I also get tired of hearing these anti Maryville fans saying Maryville is too chicken to go to 5A.Did you hear that gator? I am sick of gator blasting Maryville.

Adults like me,insider,pepvol,mhs,mapperman,FBEmeritus,MLReb,Rebelsman and Clemson Dad give other teams their respect.

You said White House is going back to 3A because of travel costs. That is why Maryville is staying in 4A. Clinton will be their farthest trip. Clinton is 40 miles away.Maryville will be in 5A one day.

Maryville would do well in 5A. Would they have a difficult time beating Riverdale? Yes they would. A lot of other 5A teams can't beat Riverdale either. I realize that Maryville would have it rougher in 5A. But! I believe they will do well when they go to 5A. 5A is better than 4A but not as much better as people think. A lot of fans think in 5A you play the Green Bay Packers,Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots and in 4A you play the Knoxville Summit,pee wee,grasshopper and midget football.

825438023[/snapback]

Rebelron, your post makes sense. If Maryville is only traveling 40 miles as the farthest distance to a game, then maybe 4a is a good choice.

I don't care if they are high schoolers. No other team on these boards have that many braggers. I understand all of 'em are sports wanna be's who couldn't make the team, so this is there only outlet. One day, when they are old and fat, their stories will morf into "they were the stars of the team". Arrogence at an early age turns into insecure adults, 'cause most arrogent people I know have no other outlet, so they ALWAYS take their anger out in a fashion that can't be proven, such as "Maryville is the best".

Maybe you adults need to teach the children respect, they could sure use a dose. I realize there will always be a bad apple, but the Maryville faithful seem to be overrun. Kinda feel sorry for the true fans. Got a great team, but get no respect from the rest of the state because of several dum dums.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville has voluntarily played morristown west the last few years. Is that not a longer drive than to clinton? nobody was in an uproar about the travel time for that games. they travel to oak ridge and dobyns-bennet to scrimmage and nobody gets in an uproar over that. would a couple of trips towards chattanooga or upper East TN every year really be that much travel time? There are five or six 5A schools just a close as the five or six 4A schools they play now. So the question still remains... most know that maryville would do well in 5A, so why won't they? and again, why does that guy keep talking about moving up in 2-yrs. instead of 2009? :lol:

I'm sure Maryville would be a very good 5A school. But I would be very surprised if they rolled through OR and DB the way they do 4A. Certain fans can say all they want about what Maryville would do to OR/DB, but they're the only ones foolish enough to believe it.

There's only one way to prove what Maryville would do against DB and OR. See ya in 2009.

Edited by OR nole

Dandy82 I think it's perfectly fine that White House drops down to 3A. They have 500 less students than some schools in 4A. I think that's fair.

Maryville has 1351 students which would be 1000 less students than some of the larger schools in 5A. Do you think that would be fair for Maryville to play schools with a 1000 less students, even though they are classified as 4A?

Gator I'm glad you're not going anywhere, 'cause Maryville and me ain't either.

Sneaky, if a school's enrollment rises I believe it's more than 20% in a two year period, then athletic teams will be moved to a higher class the next school year, instead of waiting for the four year window to expire. At least that's the way the TSSAA has done it recently.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Ron - You're right, we MHS fans shouldn't get on here and say that "Maryville could beat any team from anywhere at anytime. Those are the types of statements that make people hate us.

Gator - I invite you to keep hanging around and blasting MHS on CoachT as long as we stay in 4A. And I'll remind you that we'll continue to keep hanging L's on your team, whoever that is, assuming they land in our path.

Oh, and my observation on why MHS has more boastful and bragging fans is simply that we have more to get excited and boast about than most other teams. That's not me being a jerk. It's just a fact. I think that if you look back at the weeks before we play other schools you'll see that they had their fair share of boasters on here telling us that the MHS dynasty ends that Friday night. The difference between MHS fans and those fans is that we're back on here after the game and those whose claims proved themselves baseless usually choose to bow out more gracefully rather than return to CoachT to eat crow. So you get a double dose of the MHS fans...pre and post game. That makes us seem twice as bad I think. I also think that if you took all the gold balls sitting at MHS and rewrote history such that they landed in some other school's trophy case, everyone might be revising their opinions and pointing out how arrogant that school's fan base is.

How many threads have we had on this subject? Guess what ? Maryville is a 4-A team, maybe will be a 5-a someday, but definitely one of the best football programs in the state at any level. Just watch them play sometime. I would personally like to see them move up. However, I would just like to schedule them in the regular season. It would be an instant rivalry with huge gates for both teams. Good luck to the Rebels and bring back the Gold Ball again to E. Tennessee.

Guest Rebelnation

We hope to si. Good post Papa. Like I have said, numerous thimes, a lot of what you see around our program is youthful enthusiasm. Does it go too far sometimes? Oh Yeah. I'll say this though. Papa and I know most of the guys that get on here and go a little overboard. Their just havin fun and ribbin our opponents. Their all good kids and the kind you'd play a pick up game of b-ball with or hang out with. /whether you like the thought of that or not, I can assure you it's true.

Yes, we make a big, broad target out of ourselves. Some of that is premeditated. Some is by accident thru our unwavering pride in a program that deserves unwavering pride. Don't fool yourself- Oak Ridge has just as many fans that are boastful (just as an example).

Another thing that you see here on CoachT, is that Maryville's fans are obviously very computer savvy. That's not to knock other teams fans. It's just to say we have an ornate amount of fans on the net. Does that make us computer geek high school USA? Maybe. I can think of far worse monikers though. thumb

so they ALWAYS take their anger out in a fashion that can't be proven, such as "Maryville is the best".

Not true of course.  If Maryville wins the championship game in Murfreesboro, then their the best in 4A.  Very easy to prove.  thumb

825438634[/snapback]

Rebelnation, now, I have no problem with a claim of best in 4a, because that statement is proveable. It's your pseudo fans that claim dominance over every classification where the problem stems.

If any Maryville poster is on here braggin' within the 4a ranks, that makes for some great bantering back and worth between schools. A little trash talk then is fun.

The pseudo fans claiming dominance over all classifications is a slap in the face to the great football programs in this state. To claim dominance over an OR, DB, Riverdale, or the eventual 1a state champ is immature and amaturish.

Dandy82 I think it's perfectly fine that White House drops down to 3A. They have 500 less students than some schools in 4A. I think that's fair.

Maryville has 1351 students which would be 1000 less students than some of the larger schools in 5A. Do you think that would be fair for Maryville to play schools with a 1000 less students, even though they are classified as 4A?

Gator I'm glad you're not going anywhere, 'cause Maryville and me ain't either.

Sneaky, if a school's enrollment rises I believe it's more than 20% in a two year period, then athletic teams will be moved to a higher class the next school year, instead of waiting for the four year window to expire. At least that's the way the TSSAA has done it recently.

Go Rebs.

825438628[/snapback]

The 5a classification has the biggest disparity of students. There are several schools who could claim an unfair advantage because of student population. Sounds to me you want 6 classifications.

And, I have no problem with Maryville in 4a, but your pseudo fans believe they would still be state champs in 5a. Doesn't take much of a person to make that claim, especially when the school is staying put in 4a and the 5a schools they choose to play are not among the strongest.

Maybe Maryville should do what MBA does from time to time. Play the top teams from other states. On second thought, that won't happen, your team doesn't play the top teams from our own state, and I wouldn't make that comment if your pseudo fans didn't claim a "V" over those teams, even though a scrimmage seems to be fine, but a REAL game?

Dandy -

I'll give you one thing: no MHS fan should claim that we "would" win state in 5A, simply because we cannot know that. However, you should not take offense at any MHS fan claiming that he or she "believes" we would win 5A. That's an opinion and everyone is entitled to having one of those.

And here's another thing, either embrace the entire Bible or stop quoting it in your signature line. The Pseudo fans you rant about at MHS do to the image of our program what people like you do to Christianity by citing the Bible in one breath while arguing and throwing childish allegations in the prior breath...pretty sure that the Biblical preference is to turn the other cheek.