Cheatham County (Ashland City)

Creek Wood (Charlotte)

David Lipscomb (Nashville)

Giles County (Pulaski)

Marshall County (Lewisburg)

Montgomery Central (Cunningham)

Page (Franklin)

Spring Hill (Columbia)

What is TSSAA thinking? Breaking up the old rivalries? :lol: Looks like Greenbrier has been moved along with Sycamore out of the "Region 5 gang". I'm already having withdrawls.

This reclassification makes no sense. Montgomery Central is closer in distance than DeKalb County. I kinda expected to in the region with White House (20 minutes at most) but at today's gas prices, TSSAA needs to take these things into consideration.

The down side too is for the teams that went from odd to even regions, this means an extra year to have to travel in Quarters and Semi's in the playoffs.

And on top of all that---What will we do without our debates with Bulldog & McTiger???

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a David Lipscomb supporter, I would say that this region looks favorable for the Mustangs. Although to me, it makes no sense for DL and Pearl Cohn not to play. They played a few years back and had two classic games with Lipscomb taking both contests. DL has been accustomed to playing Marshall Co., and if I'm not mistaken, we used to play Page pretty often in the early 90's. I like the Mustangs chances in the new region as it will definitely provide some excitement for the DL fans who have blown out everyone but GP in region 4-2A.

Livingston Academy will still be in 4-3A next season as well.  I kow when I played at LA we played Greenbrier a couple of those years believe that we ended up 1-1 against each other in the 2000-2001 seasons..correct me if I was wrong, but I think thats when we played

825435014[/snapback]

According to TSSAA website LA will be in region 2:

Anderson County (Clinton)

Austin-East (Knoxville)

Kingston

Knoxville Catholic (Knoxville)

Knoxville Fulton (Knoxville)

Livingston Academy (Livingston)

Scott County (Huntsville)

According to TSSAA website LA will be in region 2:

Anderson County (Clinton)

Austin-East (Knoxville)

Kingston

Knoxville Catholic (Knoxville)

Knoxville Fulton (Knoxville)

Livingston Academy (Livingston)

Scott County (Huntsville)

825435036[/snapback]

Did LA choose to go East? Looking at the 3A map they look like they are kind of out there by themselves. Maybe a little closer to more East teams than west.

Marshall Co is now in a tougher region. They get drilled by Lipscomb every year. Now it counts in the region column. (Good lobbying Mac.) Marshall Co hasn't beat Page in a couple of years. I see Marshall County fighting for 3rd or 4th every year. Good lobbying McAdams more like it.

In the othre region, its Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbriar, and then Sycamore. Which equals good teams, but not as many athletes. I've also heard that Greenbriar and White House are losing alot of seniors this year???

I do like the shake up though!

Look south to Marshall County.  Marshall Co. does not have to play Pearl Cohn with this region set up.  (good Lobbying by Mac.)

825434982[/snapback]

If things go as they sound in Marshall County Mac McCurry will not have to worry about these region alignments --

Nuff Said -- You figure out the rest of the story

Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Goodbye

From my perspective, the realignment looks pretty good and makes pretty good sense (although not perfect.....nothing is).

The biggest surprise to me was that they split up Sycamore and Cheatham Co. as well as David Lipscomb and Pearl-Cohn. I would have thought that wherever they ended up, Syc and CC would be in the same region and DL and PC would be in the same region.

Oh well!

The other surprise was with LA moving out to Region 2. I would not have guessed that one.

I look forward to the new region and the competition. And, looking at all 8 regions, it looks as if Regions 2 and 5 are the toughest. I'd put region 4 in the middle of the road. Looks as if Regions 1 and 8 are the weakest. But, then again, that all could change from year-to-year depending on how programs go.

What is TSSAA thinking?  Breaking up the old rivalries?  :)  Looks like Greenbrier has been moved along with Sycamore out of the "Region 5 gang".  I'm already having withdrawls. 

This reclassification makes no sense.  Montgomery Central is closer in distance than DeKalb County.  I kinda expected to in the region with White House (20 minutes at most) but at today's gas prices, TSSAA needs to take these things into consideration. 

The down side too is for the teams that went from odd to even regions, this means an extra year to have to travel in Quarters and Semi's in the playoffs.

And on top of all that---What will we do without our debates with Bulldog & McTiger???

825434973[/snapback]

"Breaking up the old rivalries?"

It appears to me that rather than break up rivalries, they renewed them. This looks very similar to the old District 10-AA with Greenbrier, White House, Macon County, DeKalb County and Station Camp taking the other Sumner County slot from Portland.

I'm just glad there are not 10 teams in Middle Tennessee regions, and I am very confused as to why they split Sycamore and Cheatham County.

In the othre region, its Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbriar, and then Sycamore.  Which equals good teams, but not as many athletes.  I've also heard that  Greenbriar and White House are losing alot of seniors this year???

825435055[/snapback]

If Coach Dyer and his staff stay at Macon County, look for them to be a solid squad. They were way down from last year, but they'll have like 26 seniors next year and a very talented bunch of juniors. Might not be able to take the region, but could definately compete. After all, they will be the only team in the region with a 4-3a region title under their belts next year :) .

Edited by 33cuz