reclassification

sls

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA and the board of control, of which Bolivar's Kesler is a member, really screwed over the AA teams in West Tennessee. Let's take a look at the facts. AA in West Tennessee looses one district and FOUR playoff spots while only dropping 2 teams. Not only did the TSSAA not put all of the Jackson schools in the same district, they did not even put them in the same region!!!!! So much for all of that geography crap I heard about!!!! It sure did not apply for the AA Jackson schools. Bolivar is much closer to the Memphis teams than they are to all of the teams they could possibly face from 11AA in the new region tournament. However, Kessler made sure Bolivar went the route they ended up going cause their road to Murfreesboro is much easier than if they had had to go thru Memphis like they geographically should of had to do. The bottom line is that Kessler made sure his school was taken care of at the expense of alot of other schools.

Kessler must be voted off the board of control the next time there is an election. He definately did not do the right thing for most all of the schools in West Tennessee.

Great post Reitzfan I totally agree. For instance in which it would not matter what district Camden is in. They are in th district with Bolivar, mcnairy, Chester, Southside, Liberty,etc. Why would Crockett County not be in that district? They are much closer than camden? Camden should be in with Milan, martin, Gibson County, Obion etc.

DUH how crazy is it Camden must go through Milan and Jackson on a 2-1/2 hour trip to Bolivar. GOOD JOB KESSLER. You may get Carters job!!

Bolivar has always played in the district with Southside, McNairy, and Chester County when they played AA ball. This is pretty much the same district it was in the past before Liberty was built. In two years all of this will fade when Bolivar loses its best players. There are nine members on the board if I recall, so Kessler could not have made these decisions alone. Just think about the long drives to the regionals when they are played at Waverly.

BCHS not disagreeing on the makeup of your district, except Camden. Ask your players had they rather go to Memphis or Waverly? No brainer!!!!! The whole point is, who is closer to Memphis, Bolivar's district is closer by far.

Stop by Higgs' in Milan on your way to Waverly for a nice pregame meal.

I am an alum of BCHS. I very seldom go to away games. I generally listen to the radio. I'd rather they play in Memphis. The last few years the games were played on a neutral court. I'm sure the people from Bolivar would rather go the Memphis if they had a choice of possible substate games. Regular season games with Haywood and Fayette-Ware are always packed. Those would be big gates for districts and regionals if those teams would be fortunate to play against each other.

I totally agree with you there, sls. Camden really got the shaft on this one. Not only did they get put in a district where they have to travel to all ends of the state, but look who they put us with. Camden will be in the cellar of that district for decades. They could have at least put us in a district where we would have a chance to be competitive.

I totally agree with you there, sls. Camden really got the shaft on this one. Not only did they get put in a district where they have to travel to all ends of the state, but look who they put us with. Camden will be in the cellar of that district for decades. They could have at least put us in a district where we would have a chance to be competitive.

825447014[/snapback]

Competitiveness is not taken into consideration when districts are aligned. That can change from year to year. However geography does not change. Camden would be better served going east with Waverly & others in basketball as they are going to do in football. They would have less travel overall. Still some long trips but some would be shorter than their shortest one in the west and they could build consistent rivalries.