It's over

HTV

Congratulations Rebs, we hung in there with you guys and made it interesting as long as we could, you've got a heck of a program over there with a lot pride and never say die attitudes. Hope you bring the Championship home to East Tn. See you next year. Wax the Vikes. Central Bobcat

825442318[/snapback]

Central has a team of great players and they played an excellent game tonight. Maryville is lucky enough to have their players go through the middle school running the same offense. By the time these guys are juniors it is second nature. I wish Knox county had middle school football.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Maryville....that was indeed a good game. Excluding the 56-10 thrashing that the cats took in the regular season, I think both of last year's games and tonights were some of the best games between two great teams that I have ever seen.

Central believed they could win as well, but sometimes things don't turn out the way we wish they would. As much as this loss hurts this cats fan, I can't wait until next year to see some more great games between these two teams.

Once again, congrats to the Rebels and bring that gold ball back home to East TN.

What an incredible high school football game. It was great just to be there in attendance.

Both sophomore backs played well ... and not to take anything away from "Tank"--I loved it once when he just steamrolled 6 - 7 Central defenders--but I think if you were there you'd have to admit tonight that Ryan Singleton was Maryville's MVP. Not only did he run hard and hang on to the ball, he was awesome catching the ball out of the backfield. And I love the way that no matter what ... whether he breaks it 15 or 20 yards or if he's tackled at the line of scrimmage, his demeanor never changes. He just walks back to the huddle and gets ready for the next play. No showboating or anything. Ryan's a great kid and it's great to see him step up and shine.

Can't wait till next week!

Edited by GovMan

What an incredible high school football game.  It was great just to be there in attendance.

Both sophomore backs played well ... and not to take anything away from "Tank"--I loved it once when he just steamrolled 6 - 7 Central defenders--but I think if you were there you'd have to admit tonight that Ryan Singleton was Maryville's MVP. Not only did he run hard and hang on to the ball, he was awesome catching the ball out of the backfield.  And I love the way that no matter what ... whether he breaks it 15 or 20 yards or if he's tackled at the line of scrimmage, his demeanor never changes.  He just walks back to the huddle and gets ready for the next play.  No showboating or anything.  Ryan's a great kid and it's great to see him step up and shine.

Can't wait till next week!

825442631[/snapback]

Singleton is a class act--Baker is too. Great kids who love academics, athletics, and life. I know Singleton and his family very well. Maryville should be smiling ear to ear knowing that Singleton, Baker, and Tallent will be a part of their team next year. After seeing Singleton and Baker I don't if MHS should use Tallent and Byner next week--unless they are 100%. Like coach Helton said, Maryville's sophomore backs look like clones compared to the starters.

Edited by krakatoa

Credit to Central on a tough game. Too many players going both ways finally caught up with them. Gaston and Terrance are scary anytime they have the ball. Classy act by Coach Helton and Zach after the game congratulating the Rebs.

Maryville's super sophomore runningbacks played great. Not too many teams can go down to their second team runningbacks and still play at that level. But not many teams have sophomore runningbacks that can catch and power run like those two. Tank can bench right at 300 lbs. and Singleton has great leg drive.

The Maryville O-Line are the MVP's for this one imo. They kept the Cats off Cade and opened gaping holes for Singleton and Tank.

As Rebelsman mentioned earlier, Maryville plays 4 quarters and these kids don't know what quit means. The throwback call at the end was beautiful. A little "smoke and mirrors" is good every once in a while.

Glad to see the Smyrna players there and supporting Childs and the Rebs.

Now on to the annual Thanksgiving practice and Tennessee High.

One at a time.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Whewwwww! What a game! Boys, it don't get no better than that! Congratulations Rebels and Bobcats. That's one of those games that doesn't deserve a loser.

Did you see the play (I think it was early in the 3rd) when Tank and Gaston hit at the line and it was like they both hit a brick wall, then Tank carried them about 3 more yards. Tank got up staggering. What a lick.

Maryville not only plays hard 4 quarters, I think they get more determined as the game goes on. I bet those guys can't get to sleep after those games. I couldn't, and I'm just a fan.

Govman, I saw ya' there man and did'nt get to speak. It was good to see that smilin' face. Talk to ya' on the basketball board.

THS Vikings,.......IT'S ONNNNNNN!!!!!

Rebelsman

Edited by Rebelsman