White House wins

Pooley

Hillwood: plays in a very weak region, had not beaten a good team all season. As for the playoffs, Northwest and Stratford have some talent, but neither are well-coached. White House was the first team Hillwood faced with talent, discipline, and a great coaching staff. The end result was predictable. Hillwood's defense does have athletes, but their Def Cord is not very bright, has little experience, and was picked apart by a superior coach - Footsie!

White House: let's not make too much fun of "city" schools, if not for R. Ladd's transferring from Hunters Lane last year, (and we all know the circumstances of that transfer, remember) White House would not still be playing. Ladd sets the tone for WH's success, and WH is very lucky to have him. By the way, if he wasn't a great back, would he even be at WHHS? (we know the answer to that one too)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dandy82,

I am a member of one if not the best football teams to come out of hillwood in their entire school history. That alone means a lot to me. We played 12 incredible games, that if you had seen any of them u would realize that the team that came to play a outstanding white house team was not the same as the team that played the 12 previous games. I will give credit where credit is due. White House outplayed us in every aspect of the game. There are several reasons as to why the same 12-0 hillwood team did not show up. Practices ending early due to people staying unfocused, players not coming to practice and finally our defensive leader dennis Peoples #3 out with a messed up ankle. No one stepped up to fill his shoes. No one realized how hungry White House would be to get that 13th win. For those who did realize it they knew it would be an act of God if Hillwood had won. I was very impressed with a lot of the white house fans after the game. As i made my way off the field they say things like "great season guys" and none of them were making fun of what had previously happened. You however have lowered my respect for white house. To say that we are horrible is outragious when just a week before we knocked off the #2 team in your region an udefeated Stratford team. and the week before that Northwest. You have taken this way too far. I looked around after the game and saw those seniors that have put in tons of hard work towards this season. Those seniors do not deserve the kind of blatant attacks that you have been posting about our football team. Some may but those do not. Even though u have lowered my view of White House and their Football team u have not ruined it. The good outweighs the bad. I wish Their football team the best and I hope that they will not be satisfied with what they have accomplished like our team that was satisfied with beating Stratford and going to the Quarterfinals, Because thats all we did was just go. Best of luck to the Blue Devils

hilltopper = Jerry Link

If you had guts enough to discipline your team, demand dedication, and be a real Coach, you would have had a chance last night. Letting players rule you, the Coach, is an embarassment. Guess all those years of being a doormat, and getting the stuffing beat out of you, turned you into a coach with no control of your program, letting players skip practice when they want, and even curse you without penalty - you finally got what you deserved. So leave Dandy alone and blame yourself.

dandy82,

I am a member of one if not the best  football teams to come out of hillwood in their entire school history. That alone means a lot to me. We played 12 incredible games, that if you had seen any of them u would realize that the team that came to play a outstanding white house team was not the same as the team that played the 12 previous games. I will give credit where credit is due. White House outplayed us in every aspect of the game. There are several reasons as to why the same 12-0 hillwood team did not show up. Practices ending early due to people staying unfocused, players not coming to practice and finally our defensive leader dennis Peoples #3 out with a messed up ankle. No one stepped up to fill his shoes. No one realized how hungry White House would be to get that 13th win. For those who did realize it they knew it would be an act of God if Hillwood had won. I was very impressed with a lot of the white house fans after the game. As i made my way off the field they say things like "great season guys" and none of them were making fun of what had previously happened. You however have lowered my respect for white house. To say that we are horrible is outragious when just a week before we knocked off the #2 team in your region an udefeated Stratford team. and the week before that Northwest. You have taken this way too far. I looked around after the game and saw those seniors that have put in tons of hard work towards this season. Those seniors do not deserve the kind of blatant attacks that you have been posting about our football team. Some may but those do not. Even though u have lowered my view of White House and their Football team u have not ruined it. The good outweighs the bad. I wish Their football team the best and I hope that they will not be satisfied with what they have accomplished like our team that was satisfied with beating Stratford and going to the Quarterfinals, Because thats all we did was just go. Best of luck to the Blue Devils

825443648[/snapback]

Well, Hillwood, or whoever you are, you only have your team and coaches to blame for not coming to the most important game of Hillwood High Schools existence unprepared. It sounds like the problems within the Hillwood football team have nothing to do with me, but I seem to be taking the brunt of your frustrations and that's ok.

Maybe you shouldn't focus on the respect of our program and just worry about your own. If the great fans of White House rated respect by the actions of some of your fans and players during the game, then none would be there congratulating your team on their season. So for you to attempt to lay the blame for your so called lessening of respect for our program on me is very shallow and narrow minded.

Plus, if you haven't noticed, this is a message board, for goodness sakes!! :lol:

Ladd isnt even that good and hes not faster than Antonio or Tony Dennis... just look at track times

I agree WH played very well but if we would have came to play we would have won by 3-4 TDs.

Have fun White House fans and have fun living in White House for the rest of your life wearing your BDP shirts... be real proud because high school football is all you have and you guys arent even that good

Ladd isnt even that good and hes not faster than Antonio or Tony Dennis... just look at track times

I agree WH played very well but if we would have came to play we would have won by 3-4 TDs. 

Have fun White House fans and have fun living in White House for the rest of your life wearing your BDP shirts... be real proud because high school football is all you have and you guys arent even that good

825444084[/snapback]

Wow, that's a very mature and classy thing for you to say, Hsfootballfan10. NOT.... but, if you can't beat them you can always get on these message boards and show your true colors.

In the meantime, White House plays on and Hillwood stays home.

hilltopper = Jerry Link

If you had guts enough to discipline your team, demand dedication, and be a real Coach, you would have had a chance last night. Letting players rule you, the Coach, is an embarassment. Guess all those years of being a doormat, and getting the stuffing beat out of you, turned you into a coach with no control of your program, letting players skip practice when they want, and even curse you without penalty - you finally got what you deserved. So leave Dandy alone and blame yourself.

825443664[/snapback]

Umm this is not jerry link buddy, If you didnt read my post clear enough i said i was a player on the team. not the coach.

Well, Hillwood, or whoever you are, you only have your team  and coaches to blame for not coming to the most important game of Hillwood High Schools existence unprepared. It sounds like the problems within the Hillwood football team have nothing to do with me, but I seem to be taking the brunt of your frustrations and that's ok.

Maybe you shouldn't focus on the respect of our program and just worry about your own. If the great fans of White House rated respect by the actions of some of your fans and players during the game, then none would be there congratulating your team on their season. So for you to attempt to lay the blame for your so called lessening of respect for our program on me is very shallow and narrow minded.

Plus, if you haven't noticed, this is a message board, for goodness sakes!! :)

825443786[/snapback]

First off i'm not blaming anyone but ourselfs for us not showing up. I am saying that we are a good team so for you to say we are a 5-5 team in your region is ridiculous, due to the fact that we beat your #2 & #4 teams the past two weeks. I know our fans arn't the best but that's the world we live in this day. Maybe you got a little bit of a taste of what school is like at Hillwood or in Metro. I loved going out to white house and seeing a town like yours it's like a fresh breath of air from my perspective. Finally my last point is that everyone from white house acted with class except for yourself. You choose the low road and like you said earlier "it's trash Hillwood night" that is classless. I dont know who you are but you dont represent white house very well.

First off i'm not blaming anyone but ourselfs for us not showing up. I am saying that we are a good team so for you to say we are a 5-5 team in your region is ridiculous, due to the fact that we beat your #2 & #4 teams the past two weeks. I know our fans arn't the best but that's the world we live in this day. Maybe you got a little bit of a taste of what school is like at Hillwood or in Metro. I loved going out to white house and seeing a town like yours it's like a fresh breath of air from my perspective. Finally my last point is that everyone from white house acted with class except for yourself. You choose the low road and like you said earlier "it's trash Hillwood night" that is classless. I dont know who you are but you dont represent white house very well.

825444137[/snapback]

I know dandy82 personally, and honestly hes a great guy with a great sense of humor... hillwood throughout the past week was talking about how they were so much better then white house, and how we have no athletes and how they were gunna win 42-14 ... the only reason myself and dandy and others r on here trashing hillwood is b/c we can.. we were the team who left the field with the score 56-28 in OUR favor.. now its just like everyone says, if u cant back up what you say, then just keep ur mouth shut... now it would be completely different if your fans would have kept it classy throughout the week , but they didnt.. so now its our turn to return the favor... trust me if hillwood fans would have not ran their mouth all week long about how they were gunna win 42-14 then i guarentee you there wouldnt be any "trash hillwood nights"... what goes around comes around, and it came aroudn hard this time for the hilltoppers fans, so quit your crying

I know dandy82 personally, and honestly hes a great guy with a great sense of humor... hillwood throughout the past week was talking about how they were so much better then white house, and how we have no athletes  and how they were gunna win 42-14 ... the only reason myself and dandy and others r on here trashing hillwood is b/c we can.. we were the team who left the field with the score 56-28 in OUR favor.. now its just like everyone says, if u cant back up what you say, then just keep ur mouth shut... now it would be completely different if your fans would have kept it classy throughout the week , but they didnt.. so now its our turn to return the favor... trust me if hillwood fans would have not ran their mouth all week long about how they were gunna win 42-14 then i guarentee you there wouldnt be any "trash hillwood nights"... what goes around comes around, and it came aroudn hard this time for the hilltoppers fans, so quit your crying

825444198[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't normally trash talk, but what I read from the Hillwood posts last week really got to me. All those that did the trash talking knew what would come if they were to lose. To those who didn't slam us all week, I apologize.

Up until this game, we were 0-2 vs. Hillwood. In fact, I was at the home game vs. Hillwood in either 87 or 88 when we got it handed to us. I remember having never heard of them, but also being blown away at their athletism.

Times have changed.