Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

Thank you. I too apologize for anything offensive. I will go ahead and apologize to CYJacket for exploding on that last post. I won't edit it out of fairness to him so that he can see what I had said.

I think we all have the same love for our respective schools. I understand that it hurts all of us to feel like those schools and teams have been put down.

I also really do respect the Coalfield team. I expect you all to be proud of them and confident in their ability. You can expect the same from us. I agree that we can all express those feelings in better ways, starting with myself.

Best wishes to all of your players, coaches and fans for a safe trip to Chattanooga on Friday.

825447757[/snapback]

Same best wishes back to you and yours of Boyd!

Now for the REALLY important question---How's the concession food at Boyd??? :P

---rSquared

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same best wishes back to you and yours of Boyd!

Now for the REALLY important question---How's the concession food at Boyd???  :P

---rSquared

825447780[/snapback]

Hamburgers and hot dogs are good. I hear the bratwurst is incredible. Haven't tried it. Maybe I will Friday. With a big crowd, get something from them early...we ran out of food at the Goodpasture game!

thumb

Rsquared....didn't know you had a gift for poetry. I guess you can learn a little something about your returning neighbor in some of the oddest places. :P

We won't be able to make the trip to Chattanooga, we will be a little further south spending some time with family. We wish the boys of Coalfield well, no matter the outcome they have done well this season. I do hope that I can make a trip to the Boro next week.

Good luck to the Yellow Jackets of Coalfield! Go get 'em boys!!!!!

Edited by ldsbballfan

Rsquared....didn't know you had a gift for poetry.  I guess you can learn a little something about your returning neighbor in some of the oddest places.  :P

We won't be able to make the trip to Chattanooga, we will be a little further south spending some time with family.  We wish the boys of Coalfield well, no matter the outcome they have done well this season.  I do hope that I can make a trip to the Boro next week. 

Good luck to the Yellow Jackets of Coalfield!  Go get 'em boys!!!!!

825447794[/snapback]

Okay, now, ladiesbballfan. You've got me curious here! Don't send me to bed in suspense!!!

I WANT CLUES!!! Who are ya, gal? :P

---rSquared

rsquared-bard, poet at large:

Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!

How about:

The entire Coalfield crowd

Is justifiably proud.

Tho' they shoot from the hip

And run lots of lip

It's on Coacht and allowed.

or...

There is a small school called Boyd Buc

Whose small players hit like a truck

Not recruited or payed

Strong and smart's how they've played

Their winning streak isn't just luck.

or...

If you make yore way down to the swamp

Get a bratwurst or buger ta chomp

On the field of Boyd Buc

stays the poop of a duck

So watch yore step wherever you romp.

BTW: the visitor's side is flat as a pancake- sorry. They've been saving for about 7 years to add on to the football stands but I think somebodies rich aunt is gonna have to croak before we can afford to improve the stands. Ticks me off that TSSAA gets so much of the gate from playoffs. Oh yeah- go to the restroom before the game, the field restrooms are tiny and stay packed (your wives will thank you!)

Can someone tell me how to get to Boyd from Knoxville?

825447808[/snapback]

Here are two ways

When you come into Chattanooga on I-75, take the Shallowford Rd. exit. Turn right. You will go a couple of miles and pass by a mail facility, several car dealerships and over a highway. After this you will travel another couple of miles and pass a driving range. Once you pass the driving range, turn left onto Moore Rd. at the next stoplight, by a convenience store. Once on Moore Rd. you will find Boyd's entrance almost immediately on your left.

Or,

On I-75 you will come to the I-75/I-24 split (about 3 miles after you pass Hamilton Place Mall/Shallowford Rd.). Take I-24 and get in the right hand lane. The first exit you come to is for Moore Rd. Take that exit and turn right at the first traffic light. That will put you on Moore Rd. Go straight on Moore Road for a couple of miles and you will pass Brainerd High School and go through some curves. After that you have about half a mile to Boyd. There's a brick and iron gate that marks the entrance. You can turn in there to park. Overflow parking is usually across the street at the Presbyterian church.

Can someone tell me how to get to Boyd from Knoxville?

825447808[/snapback]

from knoxville just take 75 south until u get the the split to atlanta..take 24 which will be going straight instead of going off left to atlanta.after the split the next exit is moore road..take that exit.at the light turn right. u will go past a intersection that has a mcdonalds on the left. go past that light and the next one. u will pass one school on ur right which is brainerd.the 2nd school zone u get too will be boyd. on the left u will see a big church called cumberland presbyterian i believe. the entrance will be on ur right. hope that helps ya out a bit.