Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

Mt. Pleasant was the ONLY hope for a non private school to win the single A state championship.....And they are gone.....Coalfield,you guys are no Mt.Pleasant and you are WAY in over your heads in this one....You all may stick around for a quarter,then well,you guys had a great season...Make the trip to Murfreesboro,wear your letter jackets and be proud of the fact you lost to the eventual state champs....The repeat state champs I might add.... :justwrestle: Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rsquared-bard, poet at large:

Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!

How about:

The entire Coalfield crowd

Is justifiably proud.

Tho' they shoot from the hip

And run lots of lip

It's on Coacht and allowed.

or...

There is a small school called Boyd Buc

Whose small players hit like a truck

Not recruited or payed

Strong and smart's how they've played

Their winning streak isn't just luck.

or...

If you make yore way down to the swamp

Get a bratwurst or buger ta chomp

On the field of Boyd Buc

stays the poop of a duck

So watch yore step wherever you romp.

BTW: the visitor's side is flat as a pancake- sorry.  They've been saving for about 7 years to add on to the football stands but I think somebodies rich aunt is gonna have to croak before we can afford to improve the stands. Ticks me off that TSSAA gets so much of the gate from playoffs.  Oh yeah- go to the restroom before the game, the field restrooms are tiny and stay packed (your wives will thank you!)

825447827[/snapback]

Nice Poem! I think Coalfield will be goin to Murfreesboro.

Gotta love that smug preppie attitude of the private school supporters. Every time you see one of their posts, three things jump out at you. (1) They believe their team could beat any team in the NFL (2) They are never wrong (3) They look down on public schools.

I have stated numerous times that Boyd is the favorite this week, but they are by no means unbeatable. I have seen plenty of film (several games from this year and last year) and I have seen them in person, and I think they have a very good football team. Coalfield has a very good football team and could make things very interesting this Friday night of they don't make mistakes.

Last week BBS had lots of trouble with the wet field in the first half. There were many times that Mat and Drew slipped down when they were trying to cut back. By the second half the footing seemed to be much better and they were able to cut back and had several big runs.

Speed and quickness are BBS’s big advantage on both sides of the ball. Unless BBS finds a way to get traction… the soggy field conditions will reduce that advantage and will therefore be an advantage for Coalfield. Just how much of an advantage will not be known until Friday night. If BBS were to turn the ball over a couple of times it could be a close game.

It is not currently raining, but we have a chance for more through tonight and early Thursday. It is not supposed to rain after about noon on Thursday. It will be wet. There is no where for it to drain. We can only hope for sunshine and wind.

I guess that is my bad on the wet field being a disadvantage just for BBS. I thought that Coalfield’s running game was a power game and that they had a great passing game.

Last week the field was wet, but it was not raining. That allowed the FC passing game to be successful in the first half by having a dry ball and slowing down the BBS pass rush.

Mt. Pleasant was the ONLY hope for a non private school to win the single A state championship.....And they are gone.....Coalfield,you guys are no Mt.Pleasant and you are WAY in over your heads in this one....You all may stick around for a quarter,then well,you guys had a great season...Make the trip to Murfreesboro,wear your letter jackets and be proud of the fact you lost to the eventual state champs....The repeat state champs I might add.... :ph34r:

825450238[/snapback]

I had a usual smart reply to this regarding MP. I decided to change it. I just learned that a good friend of mine died in an automobile accident from Mt. Pleasant. Congradulations on a good run MP. Hopefully Coalfield can win it with you in mind. Rest in peace Gerald Demastus.

Edited by CYJacket