Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Owls had their chances but couldn't make the plays. They exploited Fulton's defense with the pass and had their chances to really take control of the game early. Give Fulton credit they couldn;t run the ball and threw deep to those big receivers and that was the difference in the game. Fulton really must have respected the Owls because when the score was 26 to 6 with about 7 min to go they continued to throw deep when the game was pretty much out of hand. Any other team would have run the clock out. I guess that just shows you what kind of class the coaching staff has. I'm not crying because The Owls had their chances but turned the ball over 5 times. You just can;t do that against a team like Fulton. I hope that Greenbrier kicks the living #### out of you. You were by far the most classless bunch I've ever seen. Not the players but the fans and coaches. And those signs held up late in the game was all the proof I needed to make these statements.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Well first of all.......I'll give you the reason that we throw and play our best till the game is over. We learned 3 years ago that no lead is ever safe. We had Anderson Co. Beat with 5 minutes left in the game with a 36-15 lead and lost. I don't think that coaches want that to happen again....I don't think that you would either. So that is why Fulton plays its hardest till the end no matter what the score is because of that reason. Know, I want to apologize for the fans behavior. I know that our fans can get out of control but what did the coaches do to be "classless"

No gripin here either. Fulton has a talented group. Congrats on your win. Good Luck in Murfreesboro.

To the Owls.......... I would still take you guys over any, anyday. You played 14 of 15 weeks when not many people thought you would. I am proud to be just a humble ole' Owls fan. Seniors, what else can you say? The winningest group in SC history. You have everything to be proud of. Great season.

Thanks for all the support from the rest of the region teams! You all were out in force tonight. It is appreciated. Man, I hate to see this region go.

Go Big Owls !!!!!!!!

Well first of all.......I'll give you the reason that we throw and play our best till the game is over. We learned 3 years ago that no lead is ever safe. We had Anderson Co. Beat with 5 minutes left in the game with a 36-15 lead and lost. I don't think that coaches want that to happen again....I don't think that you would either. So that is why Fulton plays its hardest till the end no matter what the score is because of that reason. Know, I want to apologize for the fans behavior. I know that our fans can get out of control but what did the coaches do to be "classless"

825454272[/snapback]

Well that explains why they kept throwing the ball. They sure couldn't run it on SC. Your team wasn't very impressive to me other than the speed at wide outs. The td before the first half ended (the play before) your receiver was a mile out of bounds. I was standing right beside the person that filmed the game and she replayed it at the half and he was out but the ref missed it. That turned the game back around to Fulton. Just mins before SC burnt Fulton for a 65 or 70 yd pass and took a 6 to 0 lead.

Congrats to Fulton on playing a good game of football and the better team won tonight. Good luck next week in the Boro. I talked to some of the Fulton players after the game they are good people the ones I talked to. AS for the fans that is pretty sorry what you guys did great show of class with the signs. You won no complaints here except for the sign.

Now to my Owls I have played with you guys since we were in Jr. pro. I played ball with you in high school. I just want you to know that I really enjoyed every minute of it playing and watching you. Congrats on great season. thumb

825454272[/snapback]

I didn't have a problem with trying to score. The only thing that does...though...is open up a chance to hurt your qb. I would have been tempted to do that. Hats off to our coaches and players for not stooping to that level.

The sign was classless. All that does is make you look like bush league idiots.

You wouldn't see anything like that from us.

I thought the players conducted themselves very well. No problems there.