Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Welcome or not, now that I know it would be hard to keep me away from an easy pickin' tourney. LOL :) Yeah our guys were not intimidated in the least. Let a couple of opportunities slip that could of made a huge difference. Not to mention the two pass plays that ended the first half for the Falcons. Two questionable plays. Not the difference by any means but unfavorable none the less. I'd bet Falcon kids would tell you they played a tough team tonight and the Owls would say the same. You wouldn't see some of the things the FHS fans chose to do ever from the SC bunch, but what more did you expect. I'm like you, the only players from Fulton that I was really impressed with were the wr's and the qb's ability to get the football to em'. Everywhere else we were just as good, if not better.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825454481[/snapback]

I sure hope that those people in the stands tonight that were critizing the coaching is getting their degrees so that they can start coaching those OWLS so that they can win more than this team has(12 of 14) (school record)! Coaches must have done something right (picked 4th in the region finished 1st) GREAT SEASON OWLS! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!!

Yes, some Owl fans are not exactly mentally inclined. Some would say I might fall into that category. To question our staff and the gameplan they put together tonight is outright ignorant. Missed opportunities and those Falcon wr/db's were the biggest outcome changers in this game.

I sure hope that those people in the stands tonight that were critizing the coaching is getting their degrees so that they can start coaching those OWLS so that they can win more than this team has(12 of 14) (school record)! Coaches must have done something right (picked 4th in the region finished 1st) GREAT SEASON OWLS! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!!

825454492[/snapback]

Collector I'm sure there would be plenty of schools that would be proud to have a coaching staff as good as Smith Co. I know I would be.

To the owls... Great game! Your defensive line is the real deal.

As for the sign, don't stereotype the whole fan base over a sign a couple of people created. We don't have a censor committee that screens signs people take to away games.

Oh Yeah.... No one was trying to run up the score. That's called running the offence with your second string QB late in the game. If you look at the tape you'll see there were just as many rushing plays as there were passing plays.

Blah blah Blah....

Great season owls... Go Falcons!!!

First I want to say great season to the Owls. It's been a great ride to this point, I'll never forget it. I'll really miss these seniors also, what a great bunch.

As for the game, I was impressed early on at how the Owls were able to keep it close even with the turnovers. Our team played hard all night, but the turnovers and missed opportunities were lethal. I was very impressed with Fulton's lack of turnovers and penalties. They were hurt though by the face mask on third down that lead to our one touchdown, but that was it. Other than that, excellent play. They broke a few big plays like we were afraid of, and pulled away in the second half.

Like someone said earlier I think the game was closer than the score indicated, but lets not take away from how great Fulton played. I can also respect how they stayed with their game, even when it was out of reach.

Our team gave it all they had, but Fulton played the better game tonight. That's all you can say. Good luck next week Falcons! Fans might want to work on the signage though. :P

Edited by jangel

Well from were I watched the game you could have fooled me. But after one of your fans said you blew a big lead against Anderson Co. I completely understand. I know Fulton didn't have to much success running the ball tonight and there defense was not as good as I expected. However they were very talented at wr. If they are the best team in the state then I feel very good about Livingston Academy's chances next year.

First, I have got to give credit to Smith County for a great effort and for a hard fought game...some of the most well coached kids that we have faced in the last 3 years. Your group, although less athletic and not as flashy, seemed to know their assignments well and played within their strengths. Smith was not the type of team that was going to go out and wow you, but played very well within their scheme and took what we gave them for the first part of the game. Style of play was a little too close to the vest (We here in Knoxville always believed that Johnny Majors retired to his home in Pittsburg, but we now know that he is alive and kicking in Carthage). Not a criticism, but that style play would drive this fan crazy. The defense was impressive, but our athleticism gave us the edge and we never looked back. The team resembled Macon County from ’03 from a defensive standpoint with more weapons on offense. Although I felt Smith was better coached and more disciplined with assignments and not making mental mistakes. The Athleticism and Speed of our skill players were ultimately what took over the game and was the deciding factor in the win.

As for the signs, I really didn’t know why they were being brought out with 7 minutes left in the game…and also think that we could have let the scoreboard do the talking! And in my math classes, they taught us that 33 points was more than the 20 points (that would "NEVER be scored in the Hole/Not going to happen")...well it happened!!!

Also, I would never fault us for continuing to pass with a lead in the forth quarter, especially after enduring the come from behind loss to Anderson County in 2001 playoffs….the game was very much still in reach. So if people say it was classless...I guess we will just have to be classless!! Acummulating a 37-4 record the past 3 years speaks for itself and comes about by having a philosophy of not letting up!!!

Congratulations to our Falcon’s coaches and players on this big win. You went into the "Hole" and climbed your way out with a huge victory. In the second half, we stepped up and brought our own brand of Fireworks! Bishop seems to be a man amongst boys! When we opened our offense up, it was too much for Smith to handle. This team has proved so much and exceeded expectations…Entire team should be commended for the effort and dedication throughout the pre, regular and post seasons. Everyone in the Falcon community is proud of the character of this group…they have shown a lot of fortitude by shaking off 2 early season losses and find ways to win, especially tough games on the road in the playoffs. One would never know that this team was so young.

That being said…Let’s go out and get another Gold Ball and Ring!!!!!

Go Falcons!!!

Edited by msmoker21

All I heard was trash talking, "hole this, hole that", now all I'm hearing is whining. I dont want to hear anything about fans, the fans you guys had that couldnt even afford to pay for tickets, sat on the bank behind us throwing rocks. Talk about bush league. But then again, if I just got my rear end handed to me, I would feel that way too. I was going to give you guys credit for having a good team, with good players, but since you guys got on here bashing us, talking about all we had was QB and 2 wide recievers, I'm not gonna do that. You know what, maybe you will have better luck now that you are moving down to 2a. Sorry you couldnt hang with the big boys. You and your lil hole, or what I like to call "home away from home". The feeling of defeat stinks dont it. Our game will be on television, I'm sure you will get coverage, have fun watching on your couch Smith County "hoot hoot"

By the way, you all's lil sign about We couldnt stop Willie. What happened to Willie, did he even plan, we had his number, what happened was he got his bell rung a couple of times early and reallized what was up ahead for him. So ask Willie if all we had was a QB and 2 WR's.

All I heard was trash talking, "hole this, hole that", now all I'm hearing is whining. I dont want to hear anything about fans, the fans you guys had that  couldnt even afford to pay for tickets, sat on the bank behind us throwing rocks. Talk about bush league. But then again, if I just got my rear end handed to me, I would feel that way too.

I'd really like for you to show me the "whining" you claim to see. :D All I read so far is us giving you credit for a good game, and congratulating the Owls on a good season. As for the guys on the bank behind you, I don't know anything about that so can't comment. Your guys played well, but I think the score was inflated a bit by our unusual amount of turnovers.

I was going to give you guys credit for having a good team, with good players, but since you guys got on here bashing us, talking about all we had was QB and 2 wide recievers, I'm not gonna do that.

Again, I'd really like for you to point out this "bashing" you see. I mostly see people complimenting your team, except for the one comment of someone who was unimpressed. However, I'm pretty sure he is a fan of another school, so don't judge us by him. (No offense to the person who made that post.) As for the QB and WRs, they were a large difference in the game, and almost all of your offense. Your defense also played very well though. :)

You know what, maybe you will have better luck now that you are moving down to 2a. Sorry you couldnt hang with the big boys. You and your lil hole, or what I like to call "home away from home". The feeling of defeat stinks dont it. Our game will be on television, I'm sure you will get coverage, have fun watching on your couch Smith County "hoot hoot"

I believe we hung with the big boys pretty well seeing as we made the final four this season. The feeling of defeat only stinks when people like you turn what is almost entirely good-hearted post-game commentary into something derogatory. :P

By the way, you all's lil sign about We couldnt stop Willie. What happened to Willie, did he even plan, we had his number, what happened was he got his bell rung a couple of times early and reallized what was up ahead for him. So ask Willie if all we had was a QB and 2 WR's.

825454560[/snapback]

I think our Willy was doing pretty well in the first half, when our offense was doing better than yours. Other than a couple of controversial passes that is.

I give Fulton all the credit for playing a great game tonight, but a few of their fans have been unimpressive in victory. :P

For the ones that have been well in victory, thanks for your good comments about our team and the game. :D

Edited by jangel

I think what formerfhsplaya04 is referring to is before the game. If you'll notice most of the posts were sarcastic remarks by Smith County & other region 4 fans. Comments like we might have athletes, but we have no heart & heart will win this game, & how we're going to have a long ride home with our tails tucked & how we we're going to get plucked & the cute little business sign that read SCHS menu . . . .Thursday - Turkey, Friday - FALCON, etc etc. There was a lot of trash talk on here (like about 30 pages) before this game. But do I think all your fans are like that .. . .no. Just like all our fans didn't make that sign. So you can't really hold all us responsible for that. The ones that held the sign up in the back were holding it at the Smith County fans that had been throwing rocks at them during the game. I think that's dangerous - throwing rocks at fans, but I don't blame your whole fan base on that. Someone said our coaches should have taken the sign down, but our coaches were coaching the game, they never even knew about the sign until someone told them after the game. As far as the questionable calls comments, that could be said both ways. I wasn't over on the other sideline, but I saw several bad calls myself. There for a while I was beginning to wonder if some of your fans put on the striped shirts & was calling the game, not really :D . Now to say our team only has a few athletes is just plain crazy. Yes, our QB had an awesome game - awesome. And our wide receivers had an awesome game, too, obviously. But we also had some nice runs & our defense must have done something good - they held you to 6 points. (I thought it was supposed to be the otehr way around) As far as running up the score - just ask "the mav" about that! We had a big lead in the playoffs in 2001 against Anderson Co. & with like 5 minutes left in the game, AC came back and beat us & knocked us out of the playoffs. So we have a hard time feeling "comfortable" with a lead. Not to mention, our other QB came in the game, as several other players did. This was a big chance for them to play in a big game. What do you tell them, "now go out there & don't play too hard". Some of you are not wanting to give us credit. You said this team would not allow the big plays, but that's really what beat you. I'm not taking away anything from Smith County. Your team is great. You obviously wouldn't have made it this far if you weren't. You played a great game. Your #21 can really push through for positive yardage & so can #33. Your defense did a good job against our run. You guys should be really really proud - as I know you are. And we're so proud of our Falcons - nobody thought these guys would have a chance at this. Heck we've got I think 7 sophomore that start on defense. These guys have really come a long way.

I just have a couple more comments - 1)does anybody know why the field was soppy wet for the game - I know you guys had mentioned there was no rain in the forecast, but something sure wet that field down :P and 2) I think Macon Co.'s train whistle brings "US" good luck. We've won both years we've played against it. :P

Oh, btw, thanks for the congratulatory call after the game imallin. I appreciate it.

GO FALCONS!

Edited by kwalker4