Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Antwan you are right the sign was classless, about as classless as you getting on here and calling Macon County one year wonders and stuff like that.  To all the Smith County players and coaches great run!!!  To all the Smith County fans that have run their mouths all week you still don't know do you?  I even heard some Smith County fans saying that coaching got them beat!  LOL! Antwan maybe if you would just keep your mouth shut sometimes, it wouldn't pee people off (Fulton) and they would have just run the clock out instead of passing when the game was over.  Once again congratulations to all the Smith County coaches and players!  You put together a great gameplan, but Fulton had too many weapons.  Fulton is beatable, their line is mediocore at best but you have to stop the big play to beat them.  I hope Greenbrier can do it, but I doubt it.

825454473[/snapback]

Go back and read my posts in this thread. What did I say that was in any way derogatory? I...nor anyone else on here...has a hand in any win or loss by a high school team. I have tended to bash your team because of all of the crap you people have talked. That's fine too. This is just for fun. You can't take it seriously. At least we have a forum to have a little fun...and get a wealth of information at the same time. Before you jump on somebody...at least know that they did it. I guess we'll see if Macon is anything but one year wonders. Right now...I rest my case. :P

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I heard was trash talking, "hole this, hole that", now all I'm hearing is whining. I dont want to hear anything about fans, the fans you guys had that  couldnt even afford to pay for tickets, sat on the bank behind us throwing rocks. Talk about bush league. But then again, if I just got my rear end handed to me, I would feel that way too. I was going to give you guys credit for having a good team, with good players, but since you guys got on here bashing us, talking about all we had was QB and 2 wide recievers, I'm not gonna do that. You know what, maybe you will have better luck now that you are moving down to 2a. Sorry you couldnt hang with the big boys. You and your lil hole, or what I like to call "home away from home". The feeling of defeat stinks dont it. Our game will be on television, I'm sure you will get coverage, have fun watching on your couch Smith County "hoot hoot"

By the way, you all's lil sign about We couldnt stop Willie. What happened to Willie, did he even plan, we had his number, what happened was he got his bell rung a couple of times early and reallized what was up ahead for him. So ask Willie if all we had was a QB and 2 WR's.

825454560[/snapback]

Yes, some Owl fans are not exactly mentally inclined. Some would say I might fall into that category. To question our staff and the gameplan they put together tonight is outright ignorant. Missed opportunities and those Falcon wr/db's were the biggest outcome changers in this game.

825454515[/snapback]

SC had a great gameplan. We hung for 3 quarters...with 5 turnovers...and was still 1 dropped pass and 2 point conversion from being tied in the 4th quarter. That's not too bad against a team that had a huge advantage in talent. Nah...mistakes in execution was the problem. That's going to happen against great teams. They created some of those mistakes. We had to play a turnover free errorless game to win. That didn't happen.

Welcome or not, now that I know it would be hard to keep me away from an easy pickin' tourney. LOL  :P  Yeah our guys were not intimidated in the least. Let a couple of opportunities slip that could of made a huge difference. Not to mention the two pass plays that ended the first half for the Falcons. Two questionable plays. Not the difference by any means but unfavorable none the less. I'd bet Falcon kids would tell you they played a tough team tonight and the Owls would say the same. You wouldn't see some of the things the FHS fans chose to do ever from the SC bunch, but what more did you expect. I'm like you, the only players from Fulton that I was really impressed with were the wr's and the qb's ability to get the football to em'. Everywhere else we were just as good, if not better.

825454484[/snapback]

I think this guy pretty well sums up the way most people see how these 2 teams compared. I'ts not the fact that Fulton won the game it's the matter of how their fans acted before and after the game. Go Greenbrier send these rude and arrogant fans back with the silver up their nose.

To the Smith County Owls.........Great Job this year! You really make your town proud!!!

To the Fulton Team........You played a great game and be proud of what you have accomplished, last year and this one! Good Luck!

To the fans of both team.........remember what we are there for....to support our kids and not to throw rocks or put up signs that can be hurtful. These young men gave it all they had and the team with more athletes came out on top. Good Luck to all the players in what life holds next for you.

First, I have got to give credit to Smith County for a great effort and for a hard fought game...some of the most well coached kids that we have faced in the last 3 years.  Your group, although less athletic and not as flashy, seemed to know their assignments well and played within their strengths.  Smith was not the type of team that was going to go out and wow you, but played very well within their scheme and took what we gave them for the first part of the game.  Style of play was a little too close to the vest (We here in Knoxville always believed that Johnny Majors retired to his home in Pittsburg, but we now know that he is alive and kicking in Carthage).  Not a criticism, but that style play would drive this fan crazy.  The defense was impressive, but our athleticism gave us the edge and we never looked back.  The team resembled Macon County from ’03 from a defensive standpoint with more weapons on offense.  Although I felt Smith was better coached and more disciplined with assignments and not making mental mistakes.  The Athleticism and Speed of our skill players were ultimately what took over the game and was the deciding factor in the win. 

As for the signs, I really didn’t know why they were being brought out with 7 minutes left in the game…and also think that we could have let the scoreboard do the talking!  And in my math classes, they taught us that 33 points was more than the 20 points (that would "NEVER be scored in the Hole/Not going to happen")...well it happened!!!   

Also, I would never fault us for continuing to pass with a lead in the forth quarter, especially after enduring the come from behind loss to Anderson County in 2001 playoffs….the game was very much still in reach.  So if people say it was classless...I guess we will just have to be classless!!  Acummulating a 37-4 record the past 3 years speaks for itself and comes about by having a philosophy of not letting up!!! 

Congratulations to our Falcon’s coaches and players on this big win.  You went into the "Hole" and climbed your way out with a huge victory.  In the second half, we stepped up and brought our own brand of Fireworks!  Bishop seems to be a man amongst boys!  When we opened our offense up, it was too much for Smith to handle.  This team has proved so much and exceeded expectations…Entire team should be commended for the effort and dedication throughout the pre, regular and post seasons. Everyone in the Falcon community is proud of the character of this group…they have shown a lot of fortitude by shaking off 2 early season losses and find ways to win, especially tough games on the road in the playoffs.  One would never know that this team was so young.

That being said…Let’s go out and get another Gold Ball and Ring!!!!! 

Go Falcons!!!

825454559[/snapback]

Johnny ball huh. If Smith Co. had just a couple of taller db's they would have sent Fulton back home with their heads up their ???. And if your coaching staff was coaching down here and vice-versa you wouldn't even been to this game. It don't take much coaching ability to throw a ball to a reciever that has tremedous speed and height advantage. But to stay even and possibly beat your team was a tremendous accomplishment by this coaching staff. You have 1 more chance to showcase your team but Greenbrier will learn alot from film and should be able to stop the long ball. The news is out Fulton is soft they can't run the ball. The Owls stuffed your tail all night.

Please tell me exactly how the fans acted before and after the game! You CAN'T be talking about the trash talking on coacht because you guys did MORE than your fair share of it. If you're talking about the sign "during" the game - I can see where you would be upset about that. But like I said - ALL of our fans didn't make that sign. Just like ALL of your fans didn't throw rocks at our fans & ALL of your fans didn't come walking in front of our fans on the visiting side & have to get security to remove them. We don't hold that against all of you.

Edited by kwalker4

Johnny ball huh. If Smith Co. had just a couple of taller db's they would have sent Fulton back home with their heads up their ???. And if your coaching staff was coaching down here and vice-versa you wouldn't even been to this game. It don't take much coaching ability to throw a ball to a reciever that has tremedous speed and height advantage. But to stay even and possibly beat your team was a tremendous accomplishment by this coaching staff. You have 1 more chance to showcase your team but Greenbrier will learn alot from film and should be able to stop the long ball. The news is out Fulton is soft they can't run the ball. The Owls stuffed your tail all night.

825454666[/snapback]

I'm not about to take away from your coaches or players. But please don't insult our coaches, either! They obviously KNOW what they're doing - they've got us to the big dance 3 years in a row! We made the adjustments it took to get the job done in the 2nd half & it paid off! Just 'cause we weren't as successful with the run against you last night doesn't make us soft - if I'm not mistaken we won 33-6! I think we pretty much shut your run & passing game down. I think we stuffed the owls tails to a sum of 6 points. With all the young players we have & for this to have been a "rebuilding" year for us, I think we've done pretty good!

GO FALCONS!

Edited by kwalker4

Okay, people - done and done. Fans don't win ballgames. Players win ballgames. Fulton showed us what a great team they have. And we showed them what a great team we have. They won but we are not beaten.

I am proud of all these boys and SO THANKFUL TO GOD that there were no serious injuries. Smith County boys have played all season on pure guts and heart , skill and GREAT coaching.

WE will miss this senior class! Courage, integrity and sportsmanship is what these Owls have displayed on our field for the past four years. I couldn't help the tears last night knowing it was their last time singing the alma mater on the field.

GOOD JOB THIS SEASON OWLS - NO SHAME - NO REGRETS! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Good luck Fulton!

Fulton will win this one pretty easily, say about 28-7. My prediction is that in about 7 hours all the SC fans will be back on here complaining about all the bad calls, and cheap shots, stuff like that, because that's what everybody does after they talk all this smack and then lose. See ya about 10:00 or so on CoachT. :)

825453433[/snapback]

And then it begins;

The Owls had their chances but couldn't make the plays. They exploited Fulton's defense with the pass and had their chances to really take control of the game early. Give Fulton credit they couldn;t run the ball and threw deep to those big receivers and that was the difference in the game. Fulton really must have respected the Owls because when the score was 26 to 6 with about 7 min to go they continued to throw deep when the game was pretty much out of hand. Any other team would have run the clock out. I guess that just shows you what kind of class the coaching staff has. I'm not crying because The Owls had their chances but turned the ball over 5 times. I hope that Greenbrier kicks the living #### out of you. You were by far the most classless bunch I've ever seen. Not the players but the fans and coaches. And those signs held up late in the game was all the proof I needed to make these statements.

825454239[/snapback]

It keeps on comin;

They sure couldn't run it on SC. Your team wasn't very impressive to me other than the speed at wide outs. The td before the first half ended (the play before) your receiver was a mile out of bounds. I was standing right beside the person that filmed the game and she replayed it at the half and he was out but the ref missed it. That turned the game back around to Fulton. Just mins before SC burnt Fulton for a 65 or 70 yd pass and took a 6 to 0 lead.

825454315[/snapback]

Yada, yada, yada;

I didn't have a problem with trying to score. The only thing that does...though...is open up a chance to hurt your qb. I would have been tempted to do that. Hats off to our coaches and players for not stooping to that level.

The sign was classless. All that does is make you look like bush league idiots.

You wouldn't see anything like that from us.

I thought the players conducted themselves very well. No problems there.

825454328[/snapback]

Antwan, the sportsman;

You wouldn't see some of the things the FHS fans chose to do ever from the SC bunch, but what more did you expect. I'm like you, the only players from Fulton that I was really impressed with were the wr's and the qb's ability to get the football to em'. Everywhere else we were just as good, if not better.

825454484[/snapback]

Wow, nobody from Fulton's defense impressed imallin, that must be why SC shelled the Falcon defense with 6 (facemask aided) big ones!

I know Fulton didn't have to much success running the ball tonight and there defense was not as good as I expected. However they were very talented at wr. If they are the best team in the state then I feel very good about Livingston Academy's chances next year.

825454548[/snapback]

Yeah, If Fulton was really anygood they would have won by 60. Winning by only 27 shows me nothin.

I'd really like for you to show me the "whining" you claim to see. :blink:

Take a look.

I'ts not the fact that Fulton won the game it's the matter of how their fans acted before and after the game. Go Greenbrier send these rude and arrogant fans back with the silver up their nose.

825454657[/snapback]

Yeah, you'd never hear rude things from SC fans! :(

825454666[/snapback]

Hmmm, I guess Fulton was badly outcoached last night. I'd like to complain about CoachT posting the wrong score last night showing that Fulton won this game 33-6. :(