Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know guys...ya can't change the sportsmanship of other people. While, according to they way you think, it may have been wrong, it was said and it can't be changed now. I wasn't at the game adn i didn't see the sign, and the ages of the people holding it and things like that, but kwalker like you said after the lc fulton gaem, people that do stuff like that aren't likely to be on here, and we aren't likely to change their ways. But back to the sports aspect of all of this, congrats to both teams.

Happy Thanksgiving Owls and Owl Fans.  Be sure to check out one of our local business signs:  "Thursday - Turkey.    Friday - FALCON!"  Eat 'em up OWLS!

825452279[/snapback]

what was on the menu saturday? owl.. looks like reg 4-3A overall was weak.. yea, i know they had 3 or 4 teams in the top 10 all season but that shows you how polls are wrong.. sc was a 2A team playing in 3A.. they lost one game during the reg. season.. that was (TC) to a 1A team playing in 3A... they beat Upperman 6-0, Upperman was a 2A team playing in 3A....in the first game of the season they struggled against a 1a team gordonsville... so next year beat up on all those light-weights on your sec.. then when the play-offs get into the 2RD... here comes the heavys...BOYD...TYNER...ALCOA...if you can get past teams like that you can make a trip to the BORO... then a private school will be waiting on you to give you a public beating.. Cry me a river owl posters...HA HA... FULTON 33 sc 6...the pain will go away till next year about this time and then start all over :lol:

This will be my last post about this game since we have other things to talk about now. I just want to give respect to Smith County/Carthage as a whole. I expected to put up with some rude, arrogant, dissrespectful people when I pulled into Smith County. Why? B/c of the things that happened in the Trousdale and Macon games. I was proven wrong though. Everyone was very polite and welcoming. The players, coaches, and fans were all wonderful and classy. I said in another thread earlier that Smith County fully outclassed their other region teams, and I stand behind that comment 100%. I wouldn't mind going back to Smith County for a game or two. (Of course only if that's where the Falcons were playing). Good luck to ya'll in the future. And for those who have said that the game was closer then the score implies, you're right on the money. As a Falcon I agree with ya. For the guy who said it was the same way with Macon last year....What game was u watchin?!?!

And....not to make anybody mad or get ya'll in a tizzy.....not to be hurtful....but it's gotta be said.......

WE OWN THE HOLE!!!!

...and the creek!....and the train whistle!....and region 4!!!

Just had to get that off of my chest....call me classless....I feel that comin on....but I got nothin but love for Smith County. TC and MC....well we won't even go there. Hope the Owls get a ring in 2a next year!!!

As Always....GO FALCONS!!!!

first off great game.  i really enjoyed the hole.  the hill i had to walk wore me i couldnt even hardly play because it wore me out. lol.  ur people for the most part showed class, but when it was 26-6 in the fourth and we ran the ball to ur sideline and jam(#6) got pushed outta bounds and slammed into the fence about 4 or 5 teenagers were over top of him sayin yea how u that and a few curse words flew too.  that showed classlessness to me but it was all made up for after the game when countless amounts off smith county fans told me good game and wished me luck for next week.  that ment the world to me.  once again thanks for the hospitality,  good luck next year, and hope to see u in the 'boro next week cheerin for us.

825455292[/snapback]

who are you because I was one of the fans out there congratulating you guys on the win and wishing good luck next week. I know that Tyrone Cobb is a good kid and i enjoyed talking to him after the game. He has a good head on his shoulders and hope to read about him in the paper some day making it big.

Yeah looks like I will have to probably eat some more crow next year when LA plays Fulton. How ironic you beat TC IN 02- MC in-03- SC in 04 and LA 05 will have to play the game of their lives to avoid a sweep. I just hope LA plays you all at home.Falcon Fans it's been real fun bashing each other and I hope you all hold no grudges I know I don't. Your team was totally awesome and I will never forget your wide open game. Greenbrier will really have their hans full sat. When you guys mean fast you wasn't kidding. Although the Owls could have made it a game if they had taken advantage of their opportunities early. But once again credit your great athletes. Good Luck in the FINALS.

This will be my last post about this game since we have other things to talk about now. I just want to give respect to Smith County/Carthage as a whole. I expected to put up with some rude, arrogant, dissrespectful people when I pulled into Smith County. Why? B/c of the things that happened in the Trousdale and Macon games. I was proven wrong though. Everyone was very polite and welcoming. The players, coaches, and fans were all wonderful and classy. I said in another thread earlier that Smith County fully outclassed their other region teams, and I stand behind that comment 100%. I wouldn't mind going back to Smith County for a game or two. (Of course only if that's where the Falcons were playing). Good luck to ya'll in the future. And for those who have said that the game was closer then the score implies, you're right on the money. As a Falcon I agree with ya. For the guy who said it was the same way with Macon last year....What game was u watchin?!?!

And....not to make anybody mad or get ya'll in a tizzy.....not to be hurtful....but it's gotta be said.......

WE OWN THE HOLE!!!!

Just had to get that off of my chest....call me classless....I feel that comin on....but I got nothin but love for Smith County. TC and MC....well we won't even go there. Hope the Owls get a ring in 2a next year!!!

825455871[/snapback]

Thanks...I too was surprised about the conduct of your team. I've heard a lot of bad things from you know who. They played a great game...and conducted themselves very well. It sure was a great atmosphere and a fun game to watch. Good luck next week and next year.

WE OWN THE HOLE!!!!

825455871[/snapback]

I totally agree with your sentiments, Pigeon!!!

Every fan that we encountered were first class and the game atmosphere was definitely one of the most FAN FRIENDLY...especially for a road game. I was expecting something similar to Trousdale, but Smith had their own special set-up. One could really tell that Carthage makes football a huge event each week and they really enjoy the pageantry of the game.

Good luck to Smith County next year in 2A!

Smoker and pigeon just wanted to say I hope there are no hard feelings. I said some things that I shouldn't have said you know speak before you think. I apologize for that. I want you to know that your team was totally awesome I really envy you all it really must be exciting to watch those kids grow from week to week. But you have to admit SC could have made it a game if they had taken advantage of their opportunities early. But none the less you team had the athletes and found SC weak spot and totally took control of the game . Good Luck sat. and see you all next against LA .

WE beat SC because of speed. SC matched up with Fulton everywhere else. No hard feelings....trash talkin's part of it! Are you an SC fan or an LA fan?? Just wonderin since you said you would see us next year against LA. If you with LA....then WELCOME to the toughest region in 3A.....especially with the shake up with puttin LA and Catholic in it and takin out Loudon, LC, and Gibbs.

WE beat SC because of speed. SC matched up with Fulton everywhere else. No hard feelings....trash talkin's part of it! Are you an SC fan or an LA fan?? Just wonderin since you said you would see us next year against LA. If you with LA....then WELCOME to the toughest region in 3A.....especially with the shake up with puttin LA and Catholic in it and takin out Loudon, LC, and Gibbs.

825456120[/snapback]

Yes I played at LA along with SC's head coach 71-74 so you can see why as everyone in Livingston says.......... Get off the Fence when these 2 teams plays. Yes LA has really put themselves into a tough position. Just making the play-offs is going to be a chore. But I think LA really looks forward to the challenge I know I do.YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO PLAY AND BEAT THE BEST. Ironically Jimmy and I also played ball at TN. Tech with Catholics Coach Pemberton. Mark was also an assistant on Maynord's staff at Upperman during the Bees semi lose to Webb.So it really will be good to see old friends again and hopefully get to make some new ones. Good Luck I really like your chances in the BCB.

Edited by Rocking Chair