Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Truly was an exciting game Friday night. Everyone hates to get beat at that point in the season. Fulton was an excellent team just as SMITH CO. was. The sign was a direct hit at a personal people. Tacky!!! The sign could have had several punch lines that showed support for your team and respect to the opposing team.

Example: Back to Back State Championships---PRICELESS

Road to the State------ PRICELESS

FULTON FALCON FOOTBALL-----PRICELESS

P.S. Don't mind if you decide to use one of them instead of calling out players. They are really still children that have timid feelings even though we tend to forget that when they are out thre on the field conducting themselves like men.

GREAT SEASON OWLS!!! You made your school, community, coaches and your PARENTS PROUD!!!!!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're probably wanting to get that off your chest & that's fine, but the subject has pretty much been covered & dropped. The person who made the sign is not someone who gets on coacht - we can apologize til we're blue in the face, but it won't take back the hurt/mad feelings.

I know you're probably wanting to get that off your chest & that's fine, but the subject has pretty much been covered & dropped. The person who made the sign is not someone who gets on coacht - we can apologize til we're blue in the face, but it won't take back the hurt/mad feelings.

825456315[/snapback]

No I didn't want to get it off my chest! Just thought some of you FINE FULTON FANS might pass along to your NOT SO FINE FANS that the sign was very hurtful and a personal attack on someone who did not deserve it. Didn't mean to hit a nerve. Just wanted to help it from happening to some other young athlete. The sign was not very CREATIVE in the fist place. but it could have been done in a more tasteful manner!!!! Good luck next week.

what was on the menu saturday? owl.. looks like reg 4-3A overall was weak.. yea, i know they had 3 or 4 teams in the top 10 all season but that shows you how polls are wrong.. sc was a 2A team playing in 3A.. they lost one game during the reg. season.. that was (TC) to a 1A team playing in 3A... they beat Upperman 6-0, Upperman was a 2A team playing in 3A....in the first game of the season they struggled against a 1a team gordonsville... so next year beat up on all those light-weights on your sec.. then when the play-offs get into the 2RD... here comes the heavys...BOYD...TYNER...ALCOA...if you can get past teams like that you can make a trip to the BORO... then a private school will be waiting on you to give you a public beating.. Cry me a river owl posters...HA HA... FULTON 33 sc 6...the pain will go away till next year about this time and then start all over ;)

825455863[/snapback]

NO actually, on the menu Saturday was crow and humble pie, thank you very much. It didn't taste very good but went down better with a good dose of Falcon Fans well wishes. Wish you could have been one of them. Good luck Saturday.

Collector - you didn't hit a nerve & I can pretty much guarantee the sign will be brought up if it hasn't already. To scmama - I don't know who rattlesnake33 is, but it's not someone I've been familiar with on Fulton threads - I don't think it's a Falcon fan (I could be wrong, though).

Edited by kwalker4

To Smith County fans, quit whinning. This game is over so quit talking about the sign and this game. It's time for Fulton to move on to the Championship game and hopefully win another title for our region. Now if I was at the game, i would've held the sign up too. It's just a piece of paper with a couple of words on it. I've been through a lot of signs by a CoachT poster ;) but I knew he/she did it for fun. I mean, i've took a lot but I didn't make a big fuss out of it like you are making out of this sign. Let the Falcons move on and let's close this thread down.

Like Pigeon said, "we have other things to talk about now!" They're through thinking about Smith County so let them move on...

Edited by AERoadrunners

As for fans with no class...you know every team has them, but you CANNOT blame the entire team or county for the fault of a few fans. I spoke about this before..for the first time in my life at a football game, I was spit at and told to get back to Macon Co. I as a fan, I may spout my mouth off on here, but I have never been disrepectful to anyone in person at a game, just plain silly...

What is the major town in Macon County?

I'm to lazy to look it up.

Edited by rigger101

To Smith County fans, quit whinning.  This game is over so quit talking about the sign and this game.  It's time for Fulton to move on to the Championship game and hopefully win another title for our region.  Now if I was at the game, i would've held the sign up too.  It's just a piece of paper with a couple of words on it.  I've been through a lot of signs by CoachT poster ;)  but I knew he/she did it for fun.  I mean, i've took a lot but I didn't make a big fuss out of it like you all are making out of this sign.  Let the Falcons move on and let's close this site down. 

Like Pigeon said, "we have other things to talk about now!"  They're through thinking about Smith County so let them move on...

825456415[/snapback]

Didn't think that I was whinning! didn't say a word about losing to a great team. All I was trying to do was give a suggestion that might make a classy fan base a little more classy!!! No one has ask you for your response. Don't think anyone cares what you think!!!!! Good luck next week next FULTON!

Great game Fulton. No complaining or whining here. The sign didn't bother me. Neither did the throwing at the end of the game. There could be several reasons for that. Good luck Sat. in the boro. I don't think you'll need it but good luck anyway. #8 and #2 are the best high school WRs I've ever seen. Great routes, great hands and noticeably great speed. You're defense gets to the ball very well and will strike you when they get there. I didn't see any classless acts or unsportsmanlike behavior from any of the coaches or players. Nothing but respect from this Owl fan.