Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

What is classless about this?!?  I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.  It was not derogatory other than to say they were going to beat you.  Maybe it was a little tacky, but that is not CLASSLESS!

Antwan, your comment about that sign is all I was referring to.  I think it is actually quite funny.  And, heck, they backed it up.  Sounds like to me those who think it is classless are the ones who are having a harder time accepting those defeats!  AND, they made the sign BEFORE the game.  So, if SC had come out and beat them, they could have made the Fulton fans look foolish for making that sign.  BUT, they didn't.  So, good for Fulton.

I don't think it was anything personal.....just some zealous fans that got pumped up before the game.  Probably a bunch of their students put it together.  What else would you expect?!?!?

825455217[/snapback]

I don't know. I guess we'll probably see what kind of sign they have for you.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if you would read gotmilk's post he refers to our game against Fulton Last Year.  Also, I know of several people that were not pulling for us, because one of the Fulton shirts that were worn was borrowed from a Smith County fan that bought one Last Year!  It's no big deal it was all in fun, deep down in my heart I was pulling for Smith County, but i wanted them to lose also so i could get on here and run my mouth.  Antwan don't get mad at me, this website is just for fun and you can't take anything seriously on here.  You said it yourself.  :o  I will say that Smith County had a great year, and I am sure they worked hard for everything they got, but it's now time to look towards next year.  I just hope we can get lucky once again so we can win more than four games!  Macon is big and slow.  I hope we don't get hurt! :D

825455243[/snapback]

So...a SC fan gave a MC fan a shirt used to root against SC. Yeah...that makes sense. :D Hey...how could I get mad at a MC fan this year. :o

Congratulations to the Falcon family, I raz you folk about 3-A competition on occasion but to get to the Boro 3 years in a row is a great feat for ANY classification. It really would be great to see the Fulton program choose to go ahead and move to 4-A, as they dont really have anything to prove in the 3-A division anymore. It would REALLY be great to renew the rivalry between the Cats and Falcons. Truthfully I believe Fulton could play with all the teams in 4-A.

Good Luck To the falcons!

825455017[/snapback]

I dsiagree with cha.... The Falcons program is on a rise but they really haven't proved anything yet. I mean, Maryville made it 4 straight and they're still competing in 4A so do they have anything else to prove in that classification?

I don't know.  I guess we'll probably see what kind of sign they have for you.

825455249[/snapback]

Antwan, don't get me wrong. I was rootin' for SC in this game. I was hoping we would have had a Middle TN showdown for the 3A Title. But, it doesn't look like it was meant to be. I was sitting next to COACHHARD during the game and he said he was talkin' to you about scores.

I was just makin' my comments based on what I've seen put on here. Most of the SC fans seem like they are taking it for what it was....a tough loss to a good school. But, there was one individual who was making a lot of noise on here and really blasting a good group of Fulton folks who didn't seem to deserve it.

I am sure they will have some sign for us, but who knows. I bet they made the sign they did because of all the smack talk on here from Macon Co. last year and from Smith Co. this year. When you talk big, you have to be ready to take it. Fulton did something to get y'all's "goat" and it seems to have worked. Seems like both sets of fans have a hard time losing to the Knoxville crowd more than other teams for some reason!

first off great game. i really enjoyed the hole. the hill i had to walk wore me i couldnt even hardly play because it wore me out. lol. ur people for the most part showed class, but when it was 26-6 in the fourth and we ran the ball to ur sideline and jam(#6) got pushed outta bounds and slammed into the fence about 4 or 5 teenagers were over top of him sayin yea how u that and a few curse words flew too. that showed classlessness to me but it was all made up for after the game when countless amounts off smith county fans told me good game and wished me luck for next week. that ment the world to me. once again thanks for the hospitality, good luck next year, and hope to see u in the 'boro next week cheerin for us.

Congratulations to the Falcons...hard as it is to admit...and hard as it is to say...ya'll were the better team last night...and your players acted like true winners...shaking hands...talking to our players...being quiet while our Seniors sang their Alma Mater for the last time on the field...and leaving the field with dignity...Thank you for that...

I have to agree with kwalker on this post..Nothing but CLASS!.. Queenie you should be the speaker for the Smith Co. Mafia..because you summed it up quite well.

Congrats to Smith Co. on their great year. Congrats to Fulton on the win and trip to the State once again.

As a "One Year Wonder Fan" I was backing the Owls in this game, hoping for redemption for this side of Tennessee. But in the back of mind, I still had the memories of "last year's" game and knew what speed Fulton had. Many times I wanted to comment on the game last year, to let Smith Co. know Fulton did have the speed and drive to win this, but I knew I would be put in the class of MCHS fluke fan running their mouth..so I stayed quite..

Fulton has a remarkable team. I saw that in it's full effect. DeMarcus & Jam Fine rang in my ears last year and was still ringing when this game came to Smith Co. Fulton may lose those 2 great players after this year, but I feel they will have no problems without them, they still have great players coming up behind them.

Same goes for Smith Co. Wilmore & Dyer, are great players to name a few. They also will be gone after this year, but Smith Co. is bringing up some more fine players in their place. Good Luck to the Owls in the coming year.

As for fans with no class...you know every team has them, but you CANNOT blame the entire team or county for the fault of a few fans. I spoke about this before..for the first time in my life at a football game, I was spit at and told to get back to Macon Co. I as a fan, I may spout my mouth off on here, but I have never been disrepectful to anyone in person at a game, just plain silly...

So this year of football is almost over..everyone trying to get their jabs in before it is..

Fulton I'm not sure if we will play you guys every again..but Good Luck with State game..

Smith Co. we will see you guys next year..it won't be a region game...but at least we will meet...

This thread has turned out the exact same way that the Macon thread went last year, after we won at Bob Black field in the Semis. You have fans on here congratulating us and then others that can’t deal with the loss, reverting to the old consolation, “We lost, but your team/fans were classless.” Well according to some of you guys, you can’t spell class without an “L.” I will take our “W” and be classless, if it makes you feel better about your “L.”

Edited by msmoker21

Kudos to the Falcons coaching staff for coming out with a great game plan, for making the appropriate adjustments at half time and leading this team to the Victory! Congrats to Buck, Potter, Jay, Smiddy, Vincent, Bob and Robbie Black (and others)...I guess you could say we turned Smith County field into the "Black" Hole.

Good Luck next week, going for the Repeat!!!

Antwan, don't get me wrong.  I was rootin' for SC in this game.  I was hoping we would have had a Middle TN showdown for the 3A Title.  But, it doesn't look like it was meant to be.  I was sitting next to COACHHARD during the game and he said he was talkin' to you about scores.

I was just makin' my comments based on what I've seen put on here.  Most of the SC fans seem like they are taking it for what it was....a tough loss to a good school.  But, there was one individual who was making a lot of noise on here and really blasting a good group of Fulton folks who didn't seem to deserve it.

I am sure they will have some sign for us, but who knows.  I bet they made the sign they did because of all the smack talk on here from Macon Co. last year and from Smith Co. this year.  When you talk big, you have to be ready to take it.  Fulton did something to get y'all's "goat" and it seems to have worked.  Seems like both sets of fans have a hard time losing to the Knoxville crowd more than other teams for some reason!

825455266[/snapback]

I am not making excuses for the sign, but you're right on the money FatCat. The person who made it felt provoked to do so by some things said & actions of others. Was it a mistake . . . depends on how each individual looks at it I guess. I know it was not meant to hurt anyone, but I'm sure it did.

I am not making excuses for the sign, but you're right on the money FatCat.  The person who made it felt provoked to do so by some things said & actions of others. Was it a mistake . . . depends on how each individual looks at it I guess. I know it was not meant to hurt anyone, but I'm sure it did.

825455363[/snapback]

That is what I figured. My take is that the sign was related to the football game and the people involved. Of course it stung the folks from SC and MC. It hurts when the best teams in your region get beat two years in a row by the same team. And, the sign was like rubbing salt in the wound. BUT, since it was made BEFORE the game even started, I don't see that being bad. Because, had SC won, the signmaker would have looked foolish! I am all for that kind of stuff.

I would probably not have liked it either if we got smoked the way they did. But, not liking it doesn't make it "classless".

Great season SC and looking forward to seeing you guys from Fulton.