Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Bigreid- You want something smart...OK!!

1) Force is equal to Mass x Acceleration.

2) Momentum is equal to Mass x Velocity

3) An object with momentum also has Kinetic Energy.

This energy, which is often called the energy of motion, is the energy a body possesses because of its motion.

The kinetic energy (E) of an object is one-half of its mass multiplied by the square of its velocity. The formula is written E = 1/2 mv-squared. When the formula is written in terms of the momentum of the object, it is E = 1/2 pv.

-Notice that in this formula, Mass is cut in half (thus lessening it's significants)...while Velocity (or speed) contributes exponentially (or increases at a very, very high rate).

In other words, Velocity is much more critical to creating a surge of power.

(let's put this in laymans terms)

The kinetic energy of an object increases with the square of its velocity. For example, an automobile moving at 60 miles an hour has four times the energy it would have at 30 miles an hour. This increase in kinetic energy is why high-speed collisions are so much more dangerous and damaging than low-speed collisions. When a moving object collides with another object, energy and momentum are transferred. The energy given up by the moving object is called the IMPACT. Objects moving at high velocity have high Impact if they strike another object.

So Class...the question is this:

After the above is considered, who will have the true impact?

Edited by msmoker21

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said smoker.....Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will play a huge factor in determining the outcome. SC will probably want to keep the Falcons Offense off of the field. I'm sure you've seen that SC's Offense controlled the ball 11 1/2 minutes of the 4th quarter last week. SC has some playmakers too. SC will need them to rise up once more and make the big play to swing the momentum or possibly decide the game.

SC will probably try to keep the Falcons from scoring more points than them too....That's probably what SC needs to do most to win this one!!! :ph34r:

HOW BOUT THEM OWLS!!!

Keys fot the SC Owls to pull this off:

1. Field position

2. Score first, if we score first we can hold just about anyone from scoring.

3. No Fumbles

4. Great Open Field Tackling, you know Fulton will try to go around the ends.

5. Go for the Big play atleast once a half!!

*** If we score more than 22 points We will 100% win this Battle, our defense will not give up more than 21... just wont happen in HOLE!!!!

I also hear that the Macon County coach made a trip to Knoxville to get 3 Fulton sweatshirts to wear to the game. Now I know he's a native of Knoxville....but this is just hard to believe. I think there may be some hidden reason for it, especially after the things he was heard saying on the sidelines at Fulton last year. But I'll give'em the benefit of a doubt. Come on over to Falcon territory coach....ain't nobody gonna tell you to leave.

What's up with this? I thought coach Dyer's son actually PLAYED for Smith County.? Didn't he skip one of Macon's games to go to the Smith County homecoming? Caused a little controversy to say the least. Why in the world would he want a Fulton sweatshirt? :ph34r:

If the Owls can make Fulton snap the ball and try to drive the field and not give up the play to the wideouts, then I think SC wins this game. I know that the Falcons are explosive and shutting them out would be hard to do. I have seen hard things done in the "hole" before. The first couple of series for each team should tell us a lot about the rest of the night.

Everyone from Fulton, be safe on your trip and welcome to Carthage and to the "hole." I am sure you will find a hospitable atmosphere if you arrive around 5-5:30. The closer to 7 it gets, the less hospitable your arrival would be. By the coin toss, the house will be rocking.

Let's Go Big Owls !!!!!! Give the best effort of your lives on the field and you will come out on top!

One Game At A Time !!!!!!!!!!!

Less than 24 hrs to go. We'll finally get off all this nonsense talking and gum popping on here. It's like this Fulton will not run up the middle on SC, just ain't going to happen. When Fulton does go around the end as long as somebody can wrap them up the rest of the defense will swarm and take him down. Passing game might hurt a little. For SC on offense simple, play their game they play every week. 3 and 4 yards in a cloud of dust. 2 BIG keys for SC clock control and field position. Fulton I hope your ready and prepared. I know SC is their coaching staff will have them ready and fired up. SC ain't all that nervous, their pretty loose which is a big plus. Oh and as for Macon County's coach I very very seriously doubt he will be wearing a Fulton sweatshirt or sitting on their side for that matter. He has a son on SC who is a senior. They are both very well respected and likable men. And I promise you when it comes gametime #33 will be on a head hunt.

SC 19

Fulton 14

:ph34r:

Its friday morning and I am still up. Well this is my last post because I am tired of hearing the same ole bull. So here it is SC it will be the toughest you have ever played so go out and play as hard as possible. Bring home a win and protect our house. Fulton people have a safe ride down hope to see you at the game. good luck.