Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa I dont think I have ever heard so much trash talking right out of the box. I mean it is only Saturday. Why all the trash talking? The game will be decided next Friday. I am looking across my living roon at the distance Oak Ridge needed last year to beat Riverdale. How can any Oak Ridger Or Riverdale fan say I know we are gonna beat the crap out of you. Do I think Oak Ridge is gonna win... Of course I do. This is a special group of kids I believe in destiny and I believe the championship is Oak Ridges destiny this year and next. However No one makes it to the semis in 5a if they are a crappy team. By the time they make it that far no matter who they are they have proved they can play the game and play it well, very well.

I think Crappy teams go undefeated for the first 8 games with fans talking a lot of smack thinking they are greatest when their schedule is so weak a middle school team could play it and be undefeated. Then in the course of 3 games with real teams they end up fourth in their region. Then cant make it past the first round in the playoffs. Then their Grads who said they were gonna beat the crap out of you during the season are all of a sudden you most loyal supporter. Oak Ridge has plenty of their real fans I personally dont think we need any fairweather fans talking smack but hey thats why free speech is protected. I think the fairweateher fans should go to the basketball board and make fools of themselves there. lol

I think Riverdale has to be the favorite for this game, simply for the awesomeness that they've showed so far this season. But last years game was a close game, and with many of the major players on both sides of the ball for both teams, I don't see why this game should be a blowout. I understand why some people think that it will be a blowout, because almost every game Riverdale they have blown the doors off the other team. They deserve respect for their strengths, but I believe it would be dangerous to look past Oak Ridge, especially with their form the past two weeks. It's interesting to see some people say that no one, with maybe the exception of Jesus, could run through the Riverdale defense, while others say that their star running back will do just that. I think that if Oak Ridge plays well, they can stick with Riverdale. It's irrelevant to argue that any team will blow out any team when both teams have not played any of the same opponents.

I also had a few questions for the Riverdale fans, because I confess to being ignorant about their team:

1) Is Gaston Miller a shifty, scat back? I saw his stats...he's small, but he must have some amazing athletic gifts.

2) Is Dave Thompson a pocket QB, or does he run when he gets the chance, or is he a little of both?

3) Who are your standout wide receivers, and who stands out on the defensive side of the ball?

Thanks

Whoa I dont think I have ever heard so much trash talking right out of the box. I mean it is only Saturday. Why all the trash talking? The game will be decided next Friday. I am looking across my living roon at the distance Oak Ridge needed last year to beat Riverdale. How can any Oak Ridger Or Riverdale fan say I know we are gonna beat the crap out of you. Do I think Oak Ridge is gonna win... Of course I do. This is a special group of kids I believe in destiny and I believe the championship is Oak Ridges destiny this year and next. However No one makes it to the semis in 5a if they are a crappy team. By the time they make it that far no matter who they are they have proved they can play the game and play it well, very well.

I think Crappy teams go undefeated for the first 8 games with fans talking a lot of smack thinking they are greatest when their schedule is so weak a middle school team could play it and be undefeated. Then in the course of 3 games with real teams they end up fourth in their region. Then cant make it past the first round in the playoffs. Then their Grads who said they were gonna beat the crap out of you during the season are all of a sudden you most loyal supporter. Oak Ridge has plenty of their real fans I personally dont think we need any fairweather fans talking smack but hey thats why free speech is protected. I think the fairweateher fans should go to the basketball board and make fools of themselves there. lol

825443468[/snapback]

agreed..but trash talking is just so fun

Yes this is the 14th straight week i have put up with this, Glad there is only two more weeks of this nonscence. For 14 straight weeks i have seen Riverdale vs _______ threads and i have heard it all. Riverdale cheats, Riverdale plays dirty, Riverdale has a cupcake schedule, Riverdale recruits, Riverdale stinks....But there is one common factor every week and it is one letter which is W . Every week the Warriors win and in convincing fashion. Now it is Oak Ridge's turn and to tell you the truth i havent seen this much smack talk all year, as a matter a fact i have never seen this much this quick ever on this site. But i'm glad Oak Ridge is talking like this, the loss will hurt that much more. If i were Wildcat fans i would hope for the best and prepare for the worst but they doesnt seem to be the path being taken here. Listen Riverdale will not lose this week or next. This team is to good and yes this team is cocky but they are humble also. They do not disrespect a single team (they even respect Smyrna to some degree). They know Oak Ridge is good and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be ready.

I think Riverdale has to be the favorite for this game, simply for the awesomeness that they've showed so far this season. But last years game was a close game, and with many of the major players on both sides of the ball for both teams, I don't see why this game should be a blowout. I understand why some people think that it will be a blowout, because almost every game Riverdale they have blown the doors off the other team. They deserve respect for their strengths, but I believe it would be dangerous to look past Oak Ridge, especially with their form the past two weeks. It's interesting to see some people say that no one, with maybe the exception of Jesus, could run through the Riverdale defense, while others say that their star running back will do just that. I think that if Oak Ridge plays well, they can stick with Riverdale. It's irrelevant to argue that any team will blow out any team when both teams have not played any of the same opponents.

I also had a few questions for the Riverdale fans, because I confess to being ignorant about their team:

1) Is Gaston Miller a shifty, scat back? I saw his stats...he's small, but he must have some amazing athletic gifts.

2) Is Dave Thompson a pocket QB, or does he run when he gets the chance, or is he a little of both?

3) Who are your standout wide receivers, and who stands out on the defensive side of the ball?

Thanks

825443527[/snapback]

Gaston is shifty and very fast. He is pound for pound one of the strongest backs I have seen. He has dragged much bigger players down the field several times this year.

Dave is much more dangerous running than throwing, although he does a pretty good job with the pass. I wonder why anyone rushes him - if he gets going he is very difficult to hit. Probably the best punt returner I have ever seen.

Wide outs are fast, but sometimes drop the long ball.

Defense - solid all around. A swarming, aggressive and very fast bunch. They hit harder this year than any Riverdale team I have seen in the last five years.

I don't see a blowout either way, but Riverdale has a way of scoring in bunches - offense, defense and special teams all can put points on the board. OR can not let the Warriors get rolling. I don't think any one beats them if the game is a shootout. OR has a very good chance if they can keep the Warriors to 14 or less.

Oak Ridge hahaha, you are in for one rude awakening Friday night. The long trip to the Boro, to Riverdale high school to play in the infamous Tomahawk Stadium (Around here we call it THOMAShawk Staduim, if you cant understand why then i'm sure you will know why after Friday) on Warrior Field. The Warriors are 34-2 all time at the THOMAShawk. They are 15-0, never have been beat in the playoffs at home. Friday night will be no exception. The whole team is just an incredible force to be recogned with but all year it has been Dave Thomas and Gaston Miller carrying this team, but now there is a third member to this party to form one great trio. TAMAR BUTLER, this kid has been phenomanal the entire playoffs. This year is really turning out to be like 2001 when we went 15 and 0 and had 2 Mr. Footballs, It looks like its all happening again. thumb