Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

This thread is only a few hours old, six pages long and already way out of control.

Two great teams will play next week, it will be decided on the field, not on this thread.

To the OR "fans" who are showing disrepect to not only this years team, but last year I say your pitiful.

As for the game with DB tonight, it was awesome, hard fought, and I hated to see either one lose, but that is the way it is on Friday night. One goes home, one goes on. Good luck to DB! To the OR team - WAY TO GO! Work hard this week and we will see ya at Riverdale! Round 4 Baby!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say Riverdale has not played any one.

How many ranked teams did they play?

Oak Ridge played and beat 4 teams out of their last 6 games against opponents ranked in the top 10 at the time they played.

So, assuming D-B was #1, Riverdale #2, and Oak Ridge #3 according to the last AP poll of the regular season, then we beat #1 tonight and now Riverdale is number #1 and they can be beat just like the other top ten teams Oak Ridge has beat.

We are not trying to be cocky, we just want some respect. Can't even get any in East Tennessee until we win the state title, and that's when we become "Knoxville Area Team - Oak Ridge wins State Title". We like being the under dog. Yeah Riverdale will probably beat us by 2 TD's.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!

But of course I have.  I was just wondering, two weeks ago you were questioning whether our kids believed in themseleves (your quote "coach the players to believe in the themselves and the Oak Ridge Football Tradition") but now you think they do.  Did it happen in the last two weeks?  No matter, I am just glad you are back on board supporting your Wildcats.  And if you think these kids are underachievers if they lose next week, you need your head examined.

But you are right on one thing, you only speak for yourself.  thumb

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

825442624[/snapback]

Thank you Brother but if you will admit it something has changed I don't know what, If they beleive or not but they played like it this week and last. I hope they do win, but again if they don't win a champioship this year with the talent and staff on hand we will have underachieved. I am not saying that is bad the world is full of underachievers every day. The team will have reached some of their highest goals, but if you don't reach the highest goal you set for youself what do you call it?

Si it has nothing to do with the kids. Kids never lose a football game adults do. If we put players in a position to win they will. We were more talented last year than Riverdale and we will be this year. You can say what you want but any team that wins a championship the staff must coach them up ,and use all the weapons at hand in the proper way.

825442632[/snapback]

Of course that sounds good, but its the kids who actually play the game. You are still very wrong that our team underachieved in its game against Riverdale.

Of course that sounds good, but its the kids who actually play the game.  You are still very wrong that our team underachieved in its game against Riverdale.

825442653[/snapback]

I respect your opinion si dude, but I believe you are wrong. Riverdale did not even win a championship last year and they beat us because we were not as prepared as we should have been

Thank you Brother but if you will admit it something has changed I don't know what, If they beleive or not but they played like it this week and last. I hope they do win, but again if they don't win a champioship this year with the talent and staff on hand we will have underachieved. I am not saying that is bad the world is full of underachievers every day. The team will have reached some of their highest goals, but if you don't reach the highest goal you set for youself what do you call it?

825442652[/snapback]

Well catscratch, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. There will be 1 team that achieves their goal of winning the 5A state championship. I just am not a believer that the kids from DB, the kids from OR, the kids from Riverdale are underachievers if they do not win the ultimate prize.

Let's go to Riverdale for step 4 of the Stairway to the State Championship and see what happens. Do I believe OR will win? Absolutely. But if they do come up short I am still proud of this group of kids at OR and I will always believe they have achieved a lot, in no way have they underachieved.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I respect your opinion si dude, but I believe you are wrong. Riverdale did not even win a championship last year and they beat us because we were not as prepared as we should have been

825442663[/snapback]

Of course, the only way we would know if they were prepared is if they won? How do you argue against that? But of course, that game is history. I'm looking forward to next week's game and yes, I am confident we will be prepared.

Go Cats!!!

oak ridge fans, save yourself some embrassment now and stop talking smack. i mean cookeville was ranked 3rd in the state and symrna was ranked in the top 8 also, heck i doubt OR could beat symrna or cookeville much less beat riverdale. i will be at the game and i expect it to be close untill the second half when riverdale wears OR down and runs the score up on them for talking so much smack on the internet. my point is i highly doubt we will see you on this board again after next friday, i mean i have yet to see a cookeville fan since last nights game.

two things i can tell you about next friday, you will be facing the best defense in the state hands down (they have outscored their oppoents 589-63 this year), and the best runningback in the state in gaston miller. i can tell you that you wont have over 100 yards total rushing and if you pass the ball then the riverdale defensive line will tee off on your QB. the major difference this year for riverdale is they have great depth and can sub a starter with a back up and not miss a beat, they will wear you down and make you want to stop getting up. good luck containing miller, he is averaging 12 yards a carry this year and will prob break the 200 yard mark on your defense.

Guest Oakland
You could combine DB and Oak Ridge and not beat Riverdale. THey are simply unstoppable. I watched DB v. OR tonight. not really impressed with either team. RIverDale wins this one easy 56 to 0

825442726[/snapback]

riverdale is good, but they arent that good. keep those kind of comments to yourself