Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

oak ridge fans, save yourself some embrassment now and stop talking smack.  i mean cookeville was ranked 3rd in the state and symrna was ranked in the top 8 also, heck i doubt OR could beat symrna or cookeville much less beat riverdale.  i will be at the game and i expect it to be close untill the second half when riverdale wears OR down and runs the score up on them for talking so much smack on the internet.  my point is i highly doubt we will see you on this board again after next friday, i mean i have yet to see a cookeville fan since last nights game.

two things i can tell you about next friday, you will be facing the best defense in the state hands down (they have outscored their oppoents 589-63 this year), and the best runningback in the state in gaston miller.  i can tell you that you wont have over 100 yards total rushing and if you pass the ball then the riverdale defensive line will tee off on your QB.  the major difference this year for riverdale is they have great depth and can sub a starter with a back up and not miss a beat, they will wear you down and make you want to stop getting up.  good luck containing miller, he is averaging 12 yards a carry this year and will prob break the 200 yard mark on your defense.

825442723[/snapback]

Those latest rankings mean absolutely nothing. The only reason Cookeville and Smyrna are ranked is because they're still playing...not necessarily because they are better, but because they play cupcakes all the way through...until now.

The state championship comes through the East no matter what. And yes, Riverdale is in the East bracket. So you've got Dobyns Bennett, Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy.....and maybe Farragut....all of those are better than any other 5A team in the state. Riverdale has yet to play one of them. Oak Ridge is one of them, and has played the rest of them except Riverdale...and beaten them...

Riverdale may prove next week to be the better team this year, but I tihnk Oak Ridge is the best team in the state right NOW because of who they have won against.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could combine DB and Oak Ridge and not beat Riverdale. THey are simply unstoppable. I watched DB v. OR tonight. not really impressed with either team. RIverDale wins this one easy 56 to 0

825442726[/snapback]

Oh wow, you just did the s ame thing DB did last week. Riverdale is definately beatable, and Oak Ridge is the Easts' best bet to beat them. We shall see in 7 days!

Guest Oakland

in most years, region 4 usually has at least one team that is considered to be among one of the top 5 teams in 5a, your right in pointing out that riverdale has played any of the aforementioned teams, but they havent playes a schedule full of patsies either ;)

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 20 2004 - 02:15 AM']in most years, region 4 usually has at least one team that is considered to be among one of the top 5 teams in 5a, your right in pointing out that riverdale has played any of the aforementioned teams, but they havent playes a schedule full of patsies either ;)

825442738[/snapback]

You're right, it wasn't completely full of patsies, but moreso than OR's.

OR fans:

Hi, this is reality checking in for a moment. Nice to meet you! Now, let's stop acting as though the Wildcats have played in the title game 8 times since 1993 (something Riverdale has actually accomplished); Oak Ridge hasn't been in the title game since Saved by the Bell was on Saturday mornings. I am not smacking down on Oak Ridge at all...but don't disrespect Riverdale and the name the Warriors have helped bring to TN football. Clearly, RHS is the most dominant program in TN for the last decade and one of the most dominant in the Southeast.

Do we need to have a vote on weather Oak Ridge respects Riverdale or not? I'm sure a vast majority of Oak Ridge fans have the utmost respect for the Riverdale program. But we have confidence in our kids and will not just roll over and die because of what Riverdale has done in other games. We wouldn't expect a proud Riverdale team to do that if the tables were turned. If you want to accuse "Oak Ridge" of talking smack, call those posters out by the name they hide behind. Don't assume we all support them. This is embarrassing to me and I'm only a transplant.

Settle it on the field!

Edited by OR nole

Those latest rankings mean absolutely nothing.  The only reason Cookeville and Smyrna are ranked is because they're still playing...not necessarily because they are better, but because they play cupcakes all the way through...until now.

The state championship comes through the East no matter what.  And yes, Riverdale is in the East bracket.  So you've got Dobyns Bennett, Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy.....and maybe Farragut....all of those are better than any other 5A team in the state.  Riverdale has yet to play one of them.  Oak Ridge is one of them, and has played the rest of them except Riverdale...and beaten them...

Riverdale may prove next week to be the better team this year, but I tihnk Oak Ridge is the best team in the state right NOW because of who they have won against.

825442731[/snapback]

I know you're a "gradfromthenest",but you must have fallen out and hit your head. There is no way you can say Ooltewah,Soddy or Farragut are better than Cookeville,I don't care how strong you think your region is. Those three teams aren't even as good as Lebanon or Smyrna. I think you're really going to find out that YOU'RE the ones who don't play anybody until this point in the season. Riverdale will beat Oak Ridge WORSE than they beat Cookeville. thumb

Just putting together a few links for those that might care to take a break from smack-talking and learn a little about the two teams:

Oak Ridge Roster

Oak Ridge Football Main Page

Riverdale Roster

Riverdale Football Main Page

If anyone has a better, more informative web site than Riverdale I haven't seen it.

The Oak Ridger

They have a great archive where you can get the poop on all of OR's games this year but you have o register (free).

Tha Daily News Journal

They have archives as well, but not as good as the Oak Ridger.