Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

No, Gaston won't be playing college football next year.

He is just a JUNIOR...another year to break and set records! trust me unless things change...he will be a lock for Mr football.

825443864[/snapback]

I don't think he will be a lock. Spencer Gulmire is a junior as well. I think it will be a battle between the two for Mr. Football next year.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]

So you think you can run on Riverdale.  Just look at the stats from the Cookeville game.  All i heard all week is how good there running back was and that he was the best in the state.  So look real hard at their rush yards and think again.

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...=8623#morestats

825444483[/snapback]

I do think Oak Ridge can run on Riverdale. I do not think you can compare Cookeville and Oak Ridge.

Now do I think we can line up and run it down your throat? No, you have to have a balanced attack as in any game this late in the playoffs. I also do not think Riverdale will be able to just run on OR's defense and win. You too will have to be balanced to come out on top.

It will be a great game to witness. Two great football teams laying it all on the line to have a shot at the ULTIMATE PRIZE. A rematch of 2003, without the snow.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

why is it that gulmire plays in hardest region and has ran for over 2000 yards and yet no one wants to talk about him. all they talk is about miller whos been playing against scout teams all year long in that region of theres. they should be the two top candiates for mr football 2006 best of luck to both teams and be safe on trip down there ridgers

82cat,

You said you attended the game?  Were you there for warm-ups?  Your first #1 above is about the exact opposite of what I saw during warm-ups.  Cookeville warmed up on 60 yards of playing field and Riverdale warmed up on 40.  Rather that create an incident, which is likely what Cookeville wanted, Riverdale just moved down 10 yards and continued running plays.

You saw something different than that?

825444543[/snapback]

I think Cookeville had been prepared with information ahead of time and did a preemptive warm up strike

I did not say they did it this game I just let OR know what they usually do

And I bet Friday night I am correct

I do think Oak Ridge can run on Riverdale.  I do not think you can compare Cookeville and Oak Ridge

Now do I think we can line up and run it down your throat?  No, you have to have a balanced attack as in any game this late in the playoffs.  I also do not think Riverdale will be able to just run on OR's defense and win.  You too will have to be balanced to come out on top. 

It will be a great game to witness.  Two great football teams laying it all on the line to have a shot at the ULTIMATE PRIZE.  A rematch of 2003, without the snow.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

825444630[/snapback]

Big Ty, I sure hope you are right that we can make Riverdale have to throw, if we can they will be in for a long night, I hope our D'line has improved that much that they can't just run it down our throats, if they can then we will be in for a long night. I thought our D'line was our biggest weakness coming into the season, but they have improved so much especailly withthe addition of #43. Another thing I can tell you for sure their D'line is as stout as I have seen, quick, athletic, move their feet real well almost like linebackers. We will have to mix it up as we have the last couple of weeks, if we get hard headed or to one dimensional we won't have a chance.

Big Ty, I sure hope you are right that we can make Riverdale have to throw, if we can they will be in for a long night, I hope our D'line has improved that much that they can't just run it down our throats, if they can then we will be in for a long night. I thought our D'line was our biggest weakness coming into the season, but they have improved so much especailly withthe addition of #43. Another thing I can tell you for sure their D'line is as stout as I have seen, quick, athletic, move their feet real well almost like linebackers. We will have to mix it up as we have the last couple of weeks, if we get hard headed or to one dimensional we won't have a chance.

825444730[/snapback]

You know I heard their d-line is awesome and that one of their DE is being recruited by USC,Ohio St (with scouts expected at the game) among others. I agree, our D'line has improved and without a doubt our Linebackers are pretty stout in their own right.

As for mixing it up, they have done it the last two weeks I cannot see them changing a thing. When you get this deep in the playoffs, coaches know it is very hard to be one-dimensional and be successful. I think QB McMahon is playing unbelievably, WR Wells has stepped up his game and given Scott a third option, WR Coffey is always someone you can count on, the O-Line is protecting the QB and opening holes and then you have the RB's Blair, Vane, Johnson and Mr. Gulmire.

After reading the 14 pages of the first thread, the Riverdale team is loaded again. But we knew that when they came to OR last year with so many youngsters playing. I can't wait to see Thomas, Miller, their defense (that has allowed like 2 points all year).

It will be a classic. I cannot wait.

TDCman, how do you see thru those rose-colred glasses of yours? :lol:

825444762[/snapback]

Not sure what you mean? I think Riverdale handled what could have been a very awkward situation with a lot of class. There are a lot of myths that get circulated that just aren't true. Something was stated, the opposite was true. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Guest DiveDoc
Riverdale, just get it done on Friday. I'm just so tired of OR and currently I want them to feel failure as i feel it now. So many of us DB fans want OR to win, but i just feel more sympathtic to you guys...must be those spears. Edited by DiveDoc