Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

Went to the Riverdale/Cookeville game tonight and was kinda suprised at the final score, to tell you the truth, I thought that it would have been worse than it was. This does not seem to be the same Riverdale team that I saw back in week 3, especially on offense, they just didn't look as crisp as they did then. But they might have had an off night, or, the Cookeville defense may have been better than they thought it was. That said, they are still better than they were last year, and they handled OR at OR last year,( And we were there), and at this point I don't see them letting OR come in and beat them at home. I saw quite a few empty seats on the Riverdale side tonight and that I don't understand, but there were a lot of people standing around that would have more than made up for the empty seats.

The most enjoyable thing about the trip was the fact that the P.A. for some reason, was turned way down on volume, and I could just barely hear that OBNOXIOUS, and I mean OBNOXIOUS, p.a. announcer screaming at the top of his lungs every time that riverdale did something. I think that he is more interested in bringing all the attention to himself than to the game. I know Coach Rankin, and he is a class guy, and runs a class program, but, as far as Mr. Scream at the top of his lungs goes, i can do without him . Maybe that's why they had the volume turned way down, the home team may be tired of his old song and dance too. :lol:

825442508[/snapback]

I feel for you. OBNOXIOUS is such a nice term to use for a PA announcer who is so unprofessional.

I remember the last time I went to see OR play Riverdale and we could not believe how terrible the PA did. I gyess we are very spoiled because in Oak Ridge the PA, for 45 years, is always held to the creed of PA announcing where you shall not show any favoritism to any team. PERIOD.

I will take my head phones friday night!

PS Coach Rankin is the best in 5A but Oak Ridge WILL win friday night!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you. OBNOXIOUS is such a nice term to use for a PA announcer who is so unprofessional.

I remember the last time I went to see OR play Riverdale and we could not believe how terrible the PA did. I gyess we are very spoiled because in Oak Ridge the PA, for 45 years, is always held to the creed of PA announcing where you shall not show any favoritism to any team. PERIOD.

I will take my head phones friday night!

PS Coach Rankin is the best in 5A but Oak Ridge WILL win friday night!

825444800[/snapback]

Im sorry but why wouldnt the home PA be for the team that pays him???Seriously have you ever been to a college or proffessional game where the PA is getting the crowd into the game....I think that the more the PA is for his team the better. A boring PA makes the game un interesting...I think you are absurd for calling him obnoxious..get real

Guest region4fan

The PA should also call out the names of the opposing school who makes a tackle.No one is asking for them to cheer when the other school gets a first down, but give their kids their props if they catch the ball or tackle.

Guest Oakland
The PA should also call out the names of the opposing school who makes a tackle.No one is asking for them to cheer when the other school gets a first down, but give their kids their props if they catch the ball or tackle.

825444827[/snapback]

ditto

Oak Ridge is good, but Riverdale is unbelievable, they are all huge, fast, and wow, talk about an intimidating place to play.TOMAHAWK STADIUM is insane. Even the PA announcer wants to scalp you. I still think OR is out of their league, and btw I am from Fentress County, (York Dragons) not Clinton.

825444442[/snapback]

whatever dragonsn05. you are from clinton and you know it. Has coach Lockard's season started yet over there?????????

I know that Oakland does, and it was the same at Blackman when we have been there IF you can hear him over the band!  :lol:

825444844[/snapback]

Don't get me started our annoying band. They actually didn't play quite as much or as loud this year as last year, but they were still annoying. After we lost to Wilson Central, they were up in the stands playing for about 20 minutes after the game. The coaches were having a hard time talking to the players and trying to console the seniors.

825444827[/snapback]

The PA at Riverdale does do that...so does every other schools PA that I have heard...