Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
The PA at Riverdale does do that...so does every other schools PA that I have heard...

825444893[/snapback]

funny i never heard him say any of our players names when we have played at riverdale :lol:

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 21 2004 - 03:45 PM']funny i never heard him say any of our players names when we have played at riverdale :lol:

825444899[/snapback]

I know that he does...maybe missed one or two....he is more likely to screw up the pronuncitation of a name then to not say it...I know for a fact he has a spotter that tells him who ran it and who makes the tackle...they have quite a little system up there so you must not of been listening very well because he definately says who ran the ball and who made the tackle...

we all talk trash on here and we know it, but we will find out who is better once and for all, and all of the talking really wont matter until next friday, roll wildcats roll

825444898[/snapback]

You've got that right! And...I really don't have a clue how physical Germantown is THIS year...or who will be in the finals. Lets just say, these guys from Riverdale and Oak Ridge will be coming out of Friday night a bit Bruised and either ready to roll to Murf again or the slow roll back home. I expect it to be a very good one.

I will be looking to roll to Murf again! We will see.

Edited by Dart

alright ima say it like it is. Oak Ridge do all of us at DB a favor and hand it 2 Riverdale friday night. you all are a realy talented bunch and as much as i hate losing i would rather it be to you all then any other team in the state. the key to this game as ive heard is the passing game. i realy hope guilamer (im not sure how 2 spell it) is as good as i think he is and is able 2 run against them. that should set up the pass like you did 2 us. and late in the game make them make mistakes and make them pay for any and every penalty and mistake they make. as long as you keep your momentum and keep their defence off balance it should be an interesting game. they havent played a team of your callibur this year so get after them early and get them a little shaken up. i hope you all can pull it off

roll tribe roll

roll wildcats roll

Guest region4fan
Riverdale[/url]' date='Nov 21 2004 - 04:11 PM']OF all the people on this board, how can you talk about rose-colored glasses? :lol:

825444928[/snapback]

I know how they fit..............and know when I see someone else wearing them. :P

I have been to the last 2 games at rdale and if he has said the name of another teams player I have certainly missed it I don't remeber one.

By the way what is going on with the riverdale crowd???

Once again a decent crowd but there were several empty seats in the upper portion of the stands especially the right upper corner. The crowd has also been a lot less excited the last 2 weeks than I have seen them??

I hate to say it but they appeared bored with it all. It is almost like watching a movie where some one has told you the ending. I think the ending to this season is so pre destined for Riverdale to go undefeated and unchallenged it has the same feel. So far it has gone exactly as scripted with no challenges all yr the only thing left is to pick up the trophy.

Props to Cookeville what a crowd!

Packed the stands and stood the entire game! What support.

What will OR bring? I will be on the visitors side again will it be filled up? Will the crowd be loud? I hope so because even though I have no dog in this fight it was invigorating last week.

Early prediction

OR 24

Rdale 21

My reasons

OR has been in more wars this yr and has gotten better evey week

Rdale's making so many mistakes shows they are not focused and in a close game it is going to hurt them.

My prediciton is also based on OR being balanced and being a team that can throw.

If they can't throw they will not have a chance.

Guest region4fan
The PA at Riverdale does do that...so does every other schools PA that I have heard...

825444893[/snapback]

The PA at Rdale has a tendency to call out trivia instead of calling out the names when other schools have the Momentum and are getting first downs or big plays. He then suddenly aborts the trivia game when the Warriors return to prominence in the game to screech out Youurruuuuurrrr Riverdallllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss!.

The PA at Rdale has a tendency to call out trivia instead of calling out the names when other schools have the Momentum and are getting first downs or big plays. He then suddenly aborts the trivia game when the Warriors return to prominence in the game to screech out Youurruuuuurrrr Riverdallllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss!.

825444958[/snapback]

I once heard that the very biased type of pa announcer was not allowed in TSSAA playoffs. ? That had to do with distractions.(?) The last time I was at RD the announcer was very annoying, in truth.

Still, the game is on the field. At one playoff several years ago in upper TN(no,this was NOT at DB) an announcer always said: "What a Plaaaaay!!!" whenever his team made a good one. As OR begin to dominate totally, the OR crowd adapted the same yell..."What a Play!" What goes around comes around. Still, I am not too concerned about the announcer.

I simply want a fairly called game, no oddball injuries, etc., both teams up to it and a clear, clean answer on who really played the best football that night.

Guest region4fan

Cat, funny you should say that about the crowd.....the radio guys mentioned the same thing forthe last 2 weeks in a row. I really didn't hear all the cowbells like I normally hear when listening either.