Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PA at Rdale has a tendency to call out trivia instead of calling out the names when other schools have the Momentum and are getting first downs or big plays. He then suddenly aborts the trivia game when the Warriors return to prominence in the game to screech out Youurruuuuurrrr Riverdallllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss!.

825444958[/snapback]

The only thing I ever hear is Yooooooouuuuuurrrrrr Riivvveeeerrd Waaaas.

Their sound system breaks up every 2 seconds so it's impossible to even hear all of what K.C. (the announcr) has to say.

He may be annoying, but take it from a former Riverdale fan, Riverdale fans love him to death.

i must say..YOUR CRAZY...cookeville would demolish soddy daisy and ooltewah, but riverdale is dominating...cookeville played their hearts out, but they are jsut too good....good luck to OR, your gonna need it

Riverdale- as much as they want

OR- 7

i cant give them more than cookeville got because i dont think they give cookeville any respect.

Riverdale plays no one until now every year, they should be undefeated. Cookeville - No. 2 in the state. You have got to be kidding me. If D-B was last ranked #1 and Cookeville was #2  and Oak Ridge is #3, then where is Riverdale ranked?

Riverdale has not played one single team that could beat Oak Ridge, D-B, Soddy-Daisy or Ooltewah for that matter.

Get ready for some real competition.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

825442452[/snapback]

Cat, funny you should say that about the crowd.....the radio guys mentioned the same thing forthe last  2 weeks in a row. I really didn't hear all the cowbells like I normally hear when listening either.

825444979[/snapback]

The place was full, but not everyone sat in the stands. There were plenty of people standing around the fence and had they sat in the stands it would have been full with others still standing along the fence.

I was disappointed in the Riverdale crowd in the first half, especially in the 1st quarter, it sounded like a Cookeville home game. The Cookeville crowd was much louder and into the game more than the Riverdale crowd.

I have no doubt that the OR fans will bring enough to fill the visitors side plus a bunch more. I know when OR came to MTSU in 1994, the OR fans filled up the visiting side of the old MTSU stadium. I know there was over 10,000 at that game. I don't think there will be that many this year because Riverdale's place only holds 5,500 so get there early to get a good seat.

this thread is TOO Funny!!!

Riverdale and Oak Ridge are about to square off for berth in the state finals and other schools' fans are on the thread talking about Riverdale. What? Nothing to do until basketball season tips off? <_<

The Riverdale PA announcer calls out the ball carrier and tackler on just about every play, regardless of who it is. On plays he doesn't he is busy lining up announcements and getting info on other scores in progress and what have you. How do I know this? I am the one who tells him who did what. Spotters give me the #'s, I give the names. I think the announcer said "Stearman" and "Toline" and "Adams" and "Paxton" several times Friday night.

Also - we have had trivia night one night in the history of the stadium, the night of our 10 year reunion of our 1994 state championship team.

Region4 fan - you strike me as a bitter man. Perhaps change that moniker to PatriotsFan or better yet PatriotsAndWhoEverIsPlayingRiverdaleFan

Some people can find some strange things to talk about... (Especially when their season is over for some reason?). And can be so wrong in so many ways.... the sad thing? They don't even know they are wrong. (Or don't care if they do know they are)... It is an amazing thing what jealousy and envy does to a person - LOL!!!!!!!!!!

we now return to our regulary scheduled thread.....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Guest Oakland
this thread is TOO Funny!!!

Riverdale and Oak Ridge are about to square off for berth in the state finals and other school's fans are on the thread talking about Riverdale.  What? Nothing to do until basketball season tips off?    <_<

The Riverdale PA announcer calls out the ball carrier and tackler just about every play, regardless of who it is. On plays he doesn't he is busy lining up announcements and getting info on other scores in progress and what have you.  How do I know this?  I am the one who tells him who did what.  Spotters give me the #'s, I give the names.  I think the announcer said "Stearman" and "Toline" and "Adams" and "Paxton" several times Friday night.

Also - we have had trivia night one night in the history of the stadium, the night of our 10 year reunion of our 1994 state championship team. 

Some people can find some strange things to talk about... (Especially when their season is over for some reason?).  And can be so wrong in so many ways....    the sad thing?  They don't even know they are wrong. (Or don't care if the do know they are)...  It is an amazing thing what jealousy and envy does to a person - LOL!!!!!!!!!!

we now return to our regulary scheduled thread.....

825445097[/snapback]

i appreicate the fact that you think oakland is in the semifinals. i know what i have heard in past games at riverdale and its been very unfavorable treatment as far as calling the tacklers,ball carriers, etc for the other team. i expect to for the home teams's pa announce to be biased to a degree but k.c or whatever his name is takes it to a whole new level. of course the riverdale folks are going to love him, DUH!

riverdale gets all of the respect in the world... give OR some respect- weve earned it

825442526[/snapback]

you dont earn respect by talking crap....you earn respect by not talking crap and taking it out on the field...if i were a r'dale fan id be laughing my butt off at your uneducated posts....actually i AM laughing at yall's OR posts...you seem so cocky? should be some good hard nose football, but youd be surprised just how hard nosed R'dale is....they are too good, and in my advice OR needs to save the talk for the ride home on why did we get killed tonight why everyone from middle TN is laughing saying we told you so.....

like i said b4 R'dale by as much as they please...OR better either have peyton or vick at QB to do anything in this one

I feel for you. OBNOXIOUS is such a nice term to use for a PA announcer who is so unprofessional.

I remember the last time I went to see OR play Riverdale and we could not believe how terrible the PA did. I gyess we are very spoiled because in Oak Ridge the PA, for 45 years, is always held to the creed of PA announcing where you shall not show any favoritism to any team. PERIOD.

I will take my head phones friday night!

PS Coach Rankin is the best in 5A but Oak Ridge WILL win friday night!

825444800[/snapback]

Simo , you are right Coach Rankin is a great coach. Our coaches just need to continue to use all the weapons that they have at their disposal, take what is there, be flexible, and adjust to the situations as and when they change. Their PA announcer is bush league, and what is worse their school does not have enough class to stop it.

Guest region4fan

Linkbaugh...........you are SOOOOO wrong. EVERY OHS/RHS game that I have been to at Tomahawk ( and That has BEEN MANY!)...the PA guy does the trivia game.he starts up every time we get the ball on offense. Get your BIAS in check, and you will know that I am right.

Hey I kind of liked that second moniker......but way too long to type in when I log on......

Edited by region4fan