DCA 42 Mt. Pleasant 7

unbiasedspectator

DCA beat MP tonight 42 to 7. Chris Wooden had yet another big night. I don't have final stats but he had 3 TDs and I'm sure his yards-per-carry is very high. He didn't get a tremendous amount of carries, mostly because DCA didn't need very many plays to score. I'll give a brief scoring recap since I'm tired.

-DCA opens it up with a 52 yard Wooden run for a TD on their opening drive.

-After some traded punts, DCA punches it in again on another Wooden run. Don't know the yardage but it was from inside the ten.

-DCA threw a TD pass on the last play of the first half. From Fenwich to Garrett. Garrett carried the receiving load tonight since Hall was injured and didn't play after a few minutes in.

-DCA scored on a Fenwich run to open the first half up 28-0.

-After an interception(one of 4 picks for DCA, bringing their total to 33), Wooden took it in again on a drive that consisted of nothing but handoffs to him.

-DCA's Jackson made another pick and DCA's sophmore Fullback Tyler Acker ran it in from about 16 out.

-At this point it was 42-0 midway through the thrid quarter and DCA starting subbing.

-MP's freshman tailback Marco Dailey ran it in from a long ways to get MP its only score in the 4th quarter.

DCA played fantastic tonight. MP has a good team too, and Jamarcus Webster is a PLAYER. I know Divepix was there. Did you see the catch and run he had in the 2nd quarter? A huge leaping one handed grab and it took about 5 Wildcats to bring him down about 20 yards downfield. That kid is getting a scholarship SOMEWHERE. Man, what an athlete. Too bad that MP couldn't get him the ball against DCA's record-setting secondary.

Congrats to MP on a fabulous season and congrats to DCA and good luck next week.

I will be back with stats when I get them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA beat MP tonight 42 to 7. Chris Wooden had yet another big night. I don't have final stats but he had 3 TDs and I'm sure his yards-per-carry is very high.  He didn't get a tremendous amount of carries, mostly because DCA didn't need very many plays to score.  I'll give a brief scoring recap since I'm tired.

-DCA opens it up with a 52 yard Wooden run for a TD on their opening drive.

-After some traded punts, DCA punches it in again on another Wooden run. Don't know the yardage but it was from inside the ten.

-DCA threw a TD pass on the last play of the first half.  From Fenwich to Garrett.  Garrett carried the receiving load tonight since Hall was injured and didn't play after a few minutes in.

-DCA scored on a Fenwich run to open the first half up 28-0.

-After an interception(one of 4 picks for DCA, bringing their total to 33), Wooden took it in again on a drive that consisted of nothing but handoffs to him. 

-DCA's Jackson made another pick and DCA's sophmore Fullback Tyler Acker ran it in from about 16 out.

-At this point it was 42-0 midway through the thrid quarter and DCA starting subbing.

-MP's freshman tailback Marco Dailey ran it in from a long ways to get MP its only score in the 4th quarter.

DCA played fantastic tonight.  MP has a good team too, and Jamarcus Webster is a PLAYER. I know Divepix was there. Did you see the catch and run he had in the 2nd quarter? A huge leaping one handed grab and it took about 5 Wildcats to bring him down about 20 yards downfield. That kid is getting a scholarship SOMEWHERE. Man, what an athlete. Too bad that MP couldn't get him the ball against DCA's record-setting secondary.

Congrats to MP on a fabulous season and congrats to DCA and good luck next week.

I will be back with stats when I get them.

825442473[/snapback]

Webster made a good catch and run, but I'm afraid he is just a good HS player because of size. MP had no passing attack other than lobbing it to Webster. Unless he gets faster and learns to play all out every play, he will not make it at the next level against college players.

I hope he does and congrats to MP for a good season. Again, aside from CPA win, they ran up some big scores on lesser competiton as shown tonight when they played a really good DCA team.

Did you see the hit #4 of DCA laid on #3 of MP on the 4th (I think) TD run. Can you say lights out??

Divepix,

You are not representative of CPA fans. Your posts tonight are an embarrassment.

Why make such insulting posts about the team that ended your season? It is bush league and classless.

Webster made a good catch and run, but I'm afraid he is just a good HS player because of size. MP had no passing attack other than lobbing it to Webster. Unless he gets faster and learns to play all out every play, he will not make it at the next level against college players.

I hope he does and congrats to MP for a good season. Again, aside from CPA win, they ran up some big scores on lesser competiton as shown tonight when they played a really good DCA team.

Did you see the hit #4 of DCA laid on #3 of MP on the 4th (I think) TD run. Can you say lights out??

825442595[/snapback]

Whats wrong with divepix post??? I don't see a thing that is classless. #3 did take one heck of a lick. He even came out of the game. I also agree with the comment about J. He is a great athlete but is going to need some work before making the leap to college ball. I can't wait to watch him play basketball, it is truely amazing how high he can leap. Good luck Jamarcus.

Divepix,

You are not representative of CPA fans.  Your posts tonight are an embarrassment. 

Why make such insulting posts about the team that ended your season?  It is bush league and classless.

825442761[/snapback]

THe response to my posts tonight are unbelievable. I have never heard so much sensitivity to posts that about my observations about FACTS and my opinion.

What is wrong about my posts and futrthermore, why is all the sudden wrong to post an opinion. I have not attacked anyone personally, called anyone a name, used vulgarity or made anything up. Let's review what I have said:

1. I pointed out in another thread the dominance in the playoffs based on scoring fo Region 5 over 6. In that same thread, I congratulated MP. I used statistics, not a personal attack or opinion.

2. I made an observation (which others have as well earlier) that Webster is a good athlete but needs more hustle and effort to play at the next level. That is my opinion. When can we not post our opinion?

3. I also posted that a DCA player flattened an MP player with a big hit. The MP player asked to come out of the game. Just because I didn't mention every big hit doesn't make me classless.

4. I also observed that MP's passing game was ineffective other than lobs to Webster. Who can deny that? The big play Webster had was well defended but his size allowed him to outjump defender. THe ball was underthrown. Also, MP had 4 INT's. I'd say that makes my point.

I have hundred of posts and I have always avoided trashtalk. Go back and read my posts and you will find my style is facts and opinion based on facts.

Being classless is personally attacking players, coaches, programs or other posters with no basis of fact. I do not do that.

I am not sour grapes about CPA. I was one who since midyear recognized they were down this year and probably woudn't win it all. I even said 2 weeks ago they could easily lose to MP.

You guys are WAY TOO SENSITIVE on a forum like CoachT that historically is much more controversial than the things I post about.

You are not my daddy, especially you, Bighurt.

Credit where credit's due!

Let's talk DCA football for a minute. Are you listening Murph? I'm no

guru
but I know a good football team when I see one. I made the trip to Mt. Pleasant thinking I was going to see a
rumble in the jungle
. Instead I watched the most precision dismanteling of a 12-0 football team I've ever seen. You were right about one thing.... it was loud in the jungle. I could barely hear my think over the deafening chant of DCA, DCA, DCA!

My memory's not as good as it used to be, but it seems like I remember hearing somebody predict the Tigers 35-10 over Wildcats. For those of you didn't make the trip to Mt. Pleasant (Murph) this game could have easily wound up 70-0. No wonder you left it off your

Today's Headlines
this morning.

I would like to congratulate Mt. Pleasant on a great season. In addition to being a hard hitting football team you are a class act with a great fan base.

I am curious to see who the

High School Football Guru
will pick this week. The skinny on the street has USJ by21 if this helps you any Murph. I think I'll make the trip to Jackson anyway. This might be the game to see this week. If you like, you can ride with me Murph. I'll be leaving around noon so I can get a seat, rumor has DCA will bring the house.

I saw #3 take a great lick,come out of the game (he was shaken up)but he got his helmit fixed and went back in and played well the rest of the game. There's nothing wrong with talking about a big hit on here we've all done it. #3 is a great player and I hope the coaches see fit to give him the ball more than once a game next year. #5 needed the ball more last night he ran hard when he got it. The Tigers did a great job this year and brought a community back together, WE are all looking forward to next year GREAT JOB TEAM AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SENIORS IN THE FUTURE!!!