Blount County Championship

Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I would say that scoring with 20 seconds left in a ballgame, instead of taking a knee probably had something to do with Alcoa being taken off Heritage sched. The score was already 35-6 and time was running out and Coach Reid ran a hurry up play and scored with 20 seconds left in the game. I do not really see alot of pride in that! Maryville could have beat Heritage to death but there coach showed alot of class by sending his second and third teams early in the game.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rebelnation

No offense to county fans, but how in the world can you say you WANNA keep these games with a straight face?!! Go play some scrub 5A teams and pad your schedule.

Or, if you wanna replace Maryville/Alcoa with someone good, replace one game with a scrub and one with a good or great team...I suggest good thumb

No offense to county fans, but how in the world can you say you WANNA keep these games with a straight face?!!  Go play some scrub 5A teams and pad your schedule.

Or, if you wanna replace Maryville/Alcoa with someone good, replace one game with a scrub and one with a good or great team...I suggest good thumb

825446056[/snapback]

RebelNation,

For what it's worth ... up until this year's close game ... Blount has beaten Alcoa the last several times they've played. Maryville has owned us ... but not Alcoa.

all I have to say about this is that alcoa and maryville are still playing and that will continue to be the biggest rivalry in the state.

I do have one more thing to say and that is that everyone thinks that Alcoa plays such a weak schedule and they don't play anyone, well they are a 2A school, think about it they play who is in 2A ball. So everyone that thinks they don't play anybody look at the school size and say how are they competing with the bigger schools, and that should answer your question.

RebelNation,

For what it's worth ... up until this year's close game ... Blount has beaten Alcoa the last several times they've played.  Maryville has owned us ... but not Alcoa.

825446119[/snapback]

Oh give me a break! Your full of it. Yes a couple of years, but other than that Alcoa's has kicked WB's butt! Let see `98 `99, `2000, `2001, `2004 alcoa wins.

5 out of the last 7 games I can remember. And in `2000 & `2001 the score was not even close. This year, Alcoa would of beat WB by 3-4 TD's if the zebras had not took over the game.

Oh give me a break! Your full of it. Yes a couple of years, but other than that Alcoa's has kicked WB's butt!  Let see `98 `99, `2000, `2001, `2004 alcoa wins.

5 out of the last 7 games I can remember. And in `2000 & `2001 the score was not even close. This year, Alcoa would of beat WB by 3-4 TD's if the zebras had not took over the game.

825447796[/snapback]

Whatever it is you're smoking BCsportsfan ... pass it around man ... it's got to be some good stuff. I think actually Blount has won 4 of the last seven ... but good try.

WB had like 15 illegal procedure penalties against Alcoa this year. They didn't have more than 1 or 2 in any other game all year (most games they didn't have any). YOU'RE SAYING THE REFEREES FAVORED BLOUNT? It would be easy for Blount fans to claim just the opposite. But we don't--we realize that refereeing, whether good or bad, is just part of the game.

But back to the thread ... it wouldn't matter to me if we had never beaten Alcoa in our school history, I'd still want to play them every year. Local rivalries ... in my opinion ... are good things.

. There are many kids who drive by WB and Heritage everyday to play for one of the city schools. Again I think that if a school has a certain percentage of tuition students the 1.8 multiplier should count for them. Parents can pay $45 a month and there kids play football at Aloca. My point is if the two county schools want to keep these players in house they need to build winning programs. Why should they play in the toughest region in the state, and then turn around and play the number 1 ranked teams in 2A and 4A. That really makes no sense at all no matter how big the gates are. I do not think by dropping Alcoa and picking up Seymour there will be a big cost difference.

Just curious..........how many kids live in the city and play at WB and Heritage? Is it not true that a city kid can attend a county school and pay absolutely nothing? Can any kid in the county...and city kids able to go to a county school and participate in athletics? I may be wrong but I think that is correct.

Here is a suggestion....Teach the kids........Improve your academics....stop changing coaches every couple of years. In other words do a better job and the issues of kids wanting to play and learn somewhere else will go away.

Is there something wrong with a parent wanting the best for their child? Provide the best and many of the issues that you are concerned about will go away. Stop blaming everyone else for the downfalls of your program and or school.

First I think Alcoa's Reid made a very un-classly move scoreing with 20 seconds left, but consider the program. Alcoa hs had some good years but except for the x-town thing the game is no rivial really vs. Maryville. Alcoa is 2A and reflects an inner city school of seemly greater size. I don't buy the tuition based school factor for MHS or Alcoa, this is just a weak excuse.

If the coaches at WB and Heritage want to drop Alcoa, I don't blame them but I am informed enough to know a fear factor has nothing to do with it. Alcoa is nothing to fear. Droping Maryville on the other hand will only be short lived because in the near future Maryville will be 5A. For this reason I would keep this game.

I agree with GovMan, the end result will be a loss of money to all programs. IF Maryville has a good news paper, the games would be mort hyped and turn out more intrested fans.