Mid South Classic-Cookeville

CoachD33

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they didn't give the first two subs for Upperman all tourney trophies too, since the whole team was practically Upperman! Don't guess any other girls had good enough stats to qualify! Typical local tournament rules!

All-Tournament Team

Kendra Owens, Westview

Ciera Thomas, Westview

Laura Crittendon, Westview

Brittany Tisdale, Upperman

Chelsey Taylor, Upperman

Megan Simmons,Upperman

Kelsee McDaniels, Upperman

MVP Hillary Mead, Upperman

825495900[/snapback]

I don't know why they didn't give the first two subs for Upperman all tourney trophies too, since the whole team was practically Upperman!  Don't guess any other girls had good enough stats to qualify!  Typical local tournament rules!

825496321[/snapback]

For your information there were also all tournament awards given to 2 Brentwood Academy girls and 1 from Chester Co. Those trophies were given to there coaches before they left town. Not sure who the awards were given too but they had players as well that were recognized as all tournament. That game wasnt played due to the fact that Chester Co. went home before the bad weather hit.

Well, well, well fellas. You knew I couldn't get on without talking a lil bit of smack. Yes a District 7AA team won this tournament as I figured they would. Everyone at the tournament that I talked to and that has posted on this site was ready to give this tournament to Westview along with the state championship. Well don't get your drawers in a wad thinking that 13AA will rule the roost again because until something changes down at Murfreesboro, the gold ball still resides in 7AA and until one of these other teams are good enough to take it out of there they will be the best district in the state. I did get to see some 13AA basketball though, even though I do get on here and trash 13AA I was impressed with Westview. They don't run offense at all (once I counted 8 times straight down the floor that they didn't run any offense at all, whoever crossed halfcourt shot it without making a pass) and their defense though they over play way too much and get burned backside, they are aggressive and very athletic. I think they could make a run in the state but winning it I just don't think so. I got to see Gibson versus Summertown which was an entertaining game that displayed mediocracy at its best. Gibson could never put them away and Summertown never wanted to win the game. It was a matter of who didn't want it the most. Though I don't think Gibson has the perimeter game to win it this year I was impressed with their low post play and though the quiet coach guy does a good job, Gibson just isn't athletic enough to hang with Westview