Welcome to REAL high school football Vikes!

VolmanScott

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kungratulashuns to Tennessee Hi on a good seesun. Thay were jest simplee overmatched in this 'un.

My favorite play has to bee Tank's run. He drug #44 from Tennessee Hi bout 10 yards, broke away, and smoked 'em.

Tha Black Swarm got after hit tonite. That lil #9 for Tennessee Hi has to be soar this mornin'. Tucker tatooed him more than Smoky Mountain Tatoo Shop, taatoo's sum of my Nebo Mountain girlfriends.

Tha Maryville O-line controlled tha gaim. Cade had time and tha backs had wholes.

By tha way, I sunk that ol ship of Leaf's tryin' to sneek ento Mairvul. Tha wuz horns and ol woodun dragun heads floatin' in Greenbelt Laik when eye left.

One more step.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

CONGRATS TO THE REBELS ,I HOPE YOU GET YOUR GOLD BALL.YOUR TEAM IS A WELL OILED MACHINE AND I ENJOYED WATCHING THEM EXECUTE.VERY IMPRESSED WITH D AND O LINES.CONGRATS TO THE VIKES ON A FINE SEASON .ONE THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS HOW RUDE THE MARYVILLE STUDENTS WERE,BUT IN THE END I GUESS THE FOOTBALL TEAM IS THE ONLY ONE WITH CLASS.I HOPE YOU GUYS DONT EVER HAVE AN EMERGENCY AT YOUR GAMES ,BECAUSE THEY WOULD PROBABLY DIE BEFORE THEY COULD BE REACHED.ENOUGH ABOUT THAT!!!!BRING BACK THAT GOLD BALL AND DONT TRASH TALK POEPLE YOU BEAT SO MUCH.WE ARE JUST AS PROUD OF OUR KIDS UP HERE AS YOU ARE DOWN THERE.SHOW SOME CLASS LIKE YOUR TEAM AND COACHES.

Good points by some on this thread.

First Congratz to those Nados and Falcons lets bring back some hardware next week. Wish the 2A-4A game was on the same day. I'm real sorry Oak Ridge didn’t come through vs. another great program in Riverdale. Wish the whole weekend next week was for use that live inside of 30 miles of each other.

I got the chance to meet Coach Stubbs on the field and he presented himself to be a classy guy. Told me good luck to my team next week, and we made small talk. Me thinks he and his team will be back down the road someday. Also Congratz on a great season. In the Bristol Paper two days ago he said, "We can't make those kinds of mistakes (Ref. ELIZ Game) against Maryville because they'll make

you pay every time," Stubbs said. "They're disciplined and they don't make

mistakes." With statements like this he shows he knew what he was up against. His kids on the other hand had no clue how MHS does business. It's all business on the field. The kids play the positions the way GQ and staff demands they be played or they sit. They are not always the biggest, fastest, strongest or most athletic. But they are the game smartest, best prepared, hardest working group of young men you can find anywhere. They don't just believe they will win, they know it! Other teams think they can win and there is a difference. What happens in the Murf, does not matter because the Maryville Red Rebels are champion ions without question.

To Mike the Vike, big vike or whoever you can join the sorry choirs of fools who think Maryville recruits, cheats or has home cooking going on with the refs. You can buy into statements like the Knoxville Paper tries to promote that some how Maryville only wins buy using trick plays or has nothing but luck on the team’s side. With thinking along these lines the only one your fooling or convincing is your self’s and proves you have no idea of what it takes to have and sustain a winning football tradition like none other in this part of the state. Teams can come into the home of this "Black Hole" from time to time and beat the Reb's but your going have to bring the game to do it. Until your teams understand that we'll enjoy a run at the state game every year until GQ and staff, and the kids and parents get tired of working hard at it year round. I am blessed to be a very, vary small part of the overall grand scheme of things at MHS. Think what you want.

One other item. It is not true that all of these kids grow up playing together from the crib. Some like my sons were tuition students, simply because we as a family made the decision that Maryville High School would be a great place for our kids to get educated and to grow into productive citizens with in our great country. No disrespect to the county schools in any sense of the word, but we are happy with our decision.

"And by the way we play a little football!"

Congratulations Maryville. You proved again last night why you are the top program in 4A. I knew after the 1st series for each team that Tennessee High was in trouble. It reminded me a lot of our (Mo. West) regular season game versus the Rebels in 2002. You get hit early like that by the Rebels and you have to respond or they will just pour it on. They have a great killer instinct.

I hope the Rebels, Tornadoes, and Falcons bring their respective Gold Balls back to East Tennessee next week. Good luck.