Boyd Buc vs DCA

reaction

I dont think DCA can upset Boyd.  DCA has played NO ONE.  Yeah they are undefeated but they have only played 1a teams and one 2a school.  Boyd has played 2a,3a,4a and a super seven team.  DCA is a good team, but they havent been in a tough game.  I remember when Goodpasture was picked to kill Boyd this year and Boyd killed them.  The same thing will happen to DCA.

Boyd-35

DCA-14

825456479[/snapback]

I don't see how you can say that DCA has not played anyone. They just got through with two very solid undefeated teams. Mt. Pleasant was a very athletic team that can play with anyone else in 1A. USJ was also undefeated with a very quick and proven team. They also played CPA in the regular season. Although Boyd has played Baylor (Division II), I don't see how you can say that DCA has played NO ONE. I believe they have had a much tougher road throughout the playoffs and for the majority of the regular season. They also had to travel to Mt. Pleasant and to Jackson.

Anyways, to the game ahead. Both teams have great momentum going for them after cruising through the playoffs. Both teams feature a powerful running game and a hard-nosed defense. Both teams need to eliminate turnovers. The team that clearly establishes a running game will have a huge advantage by being able to use play-action for big plays.

I can't wait to see this rematch at the boro. I will be there helping lead the DCA student section with my loud ole country voice!! I want to wish both teams the best of luck. Should be a great one!

DCA-28

Boyd-17

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA has played NO ONE. 

Even as a biased Boyd fan, I'm going to disagree with this. Of the 1A teams DCA has played, several have been among the better teams within the class...CPA, Davidson, MP, JCS, USJ, Wayne Co., plus a prety good 2A E. Robertson team. None of these were pushover teams.

That said, I believe that Boyd will be better than any team that DCA has played. And, with the exception of Baylor, DCA will be the best team Boyd will have played. However, I would say that DCA=Baylor in most every way.

I am looking for this one to be back and forth like the Boyd/Baylor game. It should be close through all four quarters. I do think Boyd's experience in a couple of close games against tough teams helps them pull it out. They've proven that they can perform when their backs are against the wall. I'm picking Boyd 35-27...I don't think this one gets beyond one scoring drive's difference.

My two-year old daughter says, GO BUCS!!! (really, she does)

Edited by BnL

DCA is horrible. Boyd will destroy them. Boyd's offence is too powerful. Boyd's Defence is to strong. Boyd special teams are dominate.

Boyd Buc - 645

DCA - 0

825456845[/snapback]

Alright, I dont know why people get on here and post stuff like that, if your not going to be real about it and then dont post anything.

Now having that said, DCA is not a horrible team, and they are far from it. I am a Boyd fan and im gonna say this going to be one heck of a game. Both teams are very athletic and are very well coached. I've been to about every Boyd game this year, so I know first hand how good they are. I have not seen DCA play, so I really cant make a fair judgement, but from what I've been reading, it looks like this game is going to depend mainly on the defense. Both teams have outstanding RB's in Peardon and Wooden, and I know Akins isnt known for his arm, but he can be quick as lightning scrambling in the backfield. So if both defenses hold up, this should be a great game, and whoever makes the lease turnovers will have the upper-hand.

Boyd - 35

DCA - 17

I think the first half will determine the winner in this one. If DCA goes in and gets ahead in the first half they have a good chance to win. If it's even or Boyd is ahead, then they will repeat for the championship. I think the game will bear this out. If Boyd is ahead by a TD at the half they will win by at least 2 TD's. If DCA is ahead by 1 TD at the half they will win by a TD.

Alright, I dont know why people get on here and post stuff like that, if your not going to be real about it and then dont post anything.

Now having that said, DCA is not a horrible team, and they are far from it. I am a Boyd fan and im gonna say this going to be one heck of a game. Both teams are very athletic and are very well coached. I've been to about every Boyd game this year, so I know first hand how good they are. I have not seen DCA play, so I really cant make a fair judgement, but from what I've been reading, it looks like this game is going to depend mainly on the defense. Both teams have outstanding RB's in Peardon and Wooden, and I know Akins isnt known for his arm, but he can be quick as lightning scrambling in the backfield. So if both defenses hold up, this should be a great game, and whoever makes the lease turnovers will have the upper-hand.

Boyd - 35

DCA  - 17

825456888[/snapback]

I agree with basicallyeveryone else on this post, this game will be a great one! Both teams are experienced, tested, and have something to prove. DCA wants to show Boyd that they are the better team especially after being dominated last year\in the finals, regardless if Wooden played injured or not. In the same way Boyd wants the respect that they most definelty deserve. Boyd has not lost a game in 1A since their overtime loss to CPA in the finals 2 years ago. To be defending state champs and consistently be ranked lower than the team they beat in last years finals DCA and behind teams like USJ, MP, and others has got to get them fired up about a chance to play for another championship.

I have seen Boyd play twice this year and DCA once. DCA looked strong against an average JCS team. That was week one but wooden looked strong and they really showed JCS week pass defense. DCA is bigger than BBS but are not as quick. They used their strength to stop JCS running game, and pressure on the quarterback led to a number of interceptions for DCA. Boyd has a much better running back in Peardon than JCS, and I would venture to say that Matt Peardon will be by far the best back they have seen. He isnt as big and strong as Wooden but is quicker side to side and can outrun any 1A defense on a sprint. Until proven other wise, in the game friday, he is the best back in 1A. DCA has the advantage in the passing game, and their defense seems to have no weak spots. BBS on the other hand has been getting a slow start and if they do that DCA will get the best of them. I hope that Boyd doesnt overlook DCA like they have other teams in the playoffs. They did beat DCA last year but this game is a totally new one. Good luck BUCS!!!

Keys to this game:

Boyd Defense: Slow down Wooden. You can't stop him completely but if he gets into a rhythm, look out. Keep pressure on the QB. Both of these have to be done by the front 7. If the safeties have to blitz to stop the run or to bring pressure, the corners will have a hard time covering the wide-outs one-on-one.

Boyd Offense: Balance, balance, balance. A one-dimensional attack on this defense will not get it done. This is easier said than done. Few have run successfully and no one has been able to throw the ball on DCA all year (I think they have about 35 interceptions). Ball security, see previous sentence.

Boyd Special Teams: Don’t miss extra points. This will be a close game.

DCA Defense: What ever you have been doing. In the last two games the defense has held two fast and very athletic offenses to a combined 150 yards and 0 points (first team before subs vs. MP). Keep the turnovers coming.

DCA Offense: Wooden left, Wooden right. Get Fenwick on the corner to give him a run-pass option. Ball security, four fumbles-two lost in the red-zone against USJ kept that game from being a 50-point game.

DCA Special Teams: Kick the ball deep on kickoffs. Giving Boyd a short field is a bad idea.

My Pick:

DCA 31

Boyd 21

DCA has played NO ONE

:(

That's laughable. What does that say about Boyd? DCA's schedule is statistically BETTER than Boyd's. Boyd's best opposition has been Baylor an average DII team. Other than that, their schedule has been less than impressive. Boyd's division couldn't TOUCH Region 5, which DCA is the Champion of. DCA pounded a CPA team that beat Goodpasture fairly easily just like Boyd and gave almighty Riverdale its BEST game of the year. RIVERDALE, not some godawful 4A team, the eleventh best team in the COUNTRY. DCA pounded UNBEATEN Mount Pleasant 42-7 and UNBEATEN USJ 33-0.

Shameful comment on your part.

just because of ONE injury last year

Dead wrong again.

Wooden wasn't even near healthy, Meacham had a broken foot, a wide receiver didn't play, a couple of linemen were banged up, and they had a few more injuries. Meacham and Wooden were also their two best linebackers.

after getting dominated last year in the finals

There goes the notion of being classy winners.

If any Boyd fan or player honestly thinks they were 23 points better than DCA last year is sadly and terribly mistaken. DCA led at halftime, Boyd led 7-3 with 5 MINUTES left in the game. An injured Wooden fumbled inside his own five, Boyd punched it in, and more DCA turnovers led to a terribly inflated score.

Now we come to this year. DCA is easily MULTIPLE times better than they were last year, Wooden(the best back in Class A at 100%) has regained his form of last year, and DCA can pass very well this year. I'm sure Boyd is better this year as well. DCA has a definite size advantage, and Boyd has a slight speed advantage.

Someone said the only game they have seen this year of DCA was a 28-7 win over JCS. Bad game to see. That was at the beginning of the year when DCA was playing by far their worst football and I was convinced they wouldn't even win their Region. Wooden was seriously injured(let me put in perspective, he was hurt worse than he was in the playoffs last year), DCA had not gelled into the passing game they now have, and their overall play was significantly less. Let me use stats to illustrate. USJ beat JCS twice. DCA beat JCS 28-7 in Week 1, DCA beat USJ 33-0 last week in a game that would have been much worse had DCA not fumbled 3 times in USJ red zone including on thier 1 yard line.

I'm not going through this game and dissect each matchup because I have not seen enought of Boyd. But I don't need to. I've already seen enough of DCA the past few weeks to know who will win this game.

DCA-31

Boyd-17

Edited by unbiasedspectator