Boyd Buc vs DCA

reaction

DCA has played the 3rd,4th,5th,6th, and 7th teams(According to CoachT) in 1A this year. Outscored them 169-37. So anyone who has said this team hasn't played anyone needs to wake up and realize what they are saying. DCA is the best all around team I have seen play this year. This game will be a good game but DCA will pull away in the second half.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Boyd's Matt Peardon and DCA's Mark Thompson for being named the 1A Mr. Football winners this year. Also congratulations to DCA's Chris Wooden for being named the Tennessee Titans Prep Player of The Week for his incredible performance on Friday night against USJ. (He will appear on the Jeff Fisher Show tonight at 7:00). NOW LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

unbiasedspectator, get the chip off your sholder about Wooden being hurt last year. I guess none of Boyd's players were at all beat up from playing 14 games last year before they faced DCA. Its making me sick to hear all this stuff about kids being hurt. The fact is Boyd won, easily, and until they are beat by DCA, they are still the best team in 1A no matter what the polls say. By the way DCA beating MP and USJ is not that big of a deal. Who cares what their records and rankings were on coacht or the state poll. The state polls have been disrespecting boyd all year. MP and USJ were good teams but a number of teams Boyd played would have beaten them.

As for the comment about the best back in 1A, the people have spopken. MATT PEARDON best back in 1A. What would make you think other wise besides the fact you pull for DCA?

:( Well I guess we'll see Friday won't we?

And something else I must say is that if DCA loses and Peardon actually outplays Wooden, who by the way IS the Titans' Player of the Week and you can catch him on News 2 Tonight on the Jeff Fisher Show(although I suppose Chattanooga is too far), I will graciously admit defeat here on CoachT and you Boyd fans can brag all you want. I expect you'll do the same if DCA wins(as I think they will).

Edited by unbiasedspectator

Listen, Listen, Listen.... We all know that this will be a great game, no doubt...And if you look at the schedules they are basically the same...But someone said somethin a/b DCA passing the ball, i dont think that their WR's can cover the ground over Boyds DB's...Tripp Wingo is one of the quickets and strongest DB's i have seen all year...He had 6 int's the 1st 6 games, and shut out Patrick Turner, but got hurt during the last few minutes of that game... DCA and passing againts Boyds DB'S wont have a chance..Drew Akins is a threat passing and running...more running though..Henley is a great LB an FB who isnt scared 2 knock heads w/ any1...Last But no least, no doubt..MATT PEARDON is the best,strongest, and quickest back in 1A, and i would even take him over andy back in the state of TN...Yall will have 2 stop him and the many threats Boyd has to compete at all......

Boyd-34

DCA-14

Unbiasedspectator,

I have said that, if DCA wins and Wooden has the better game I may have to admit that Wooden is the better back.

But the way the Titans have played this year being their player of the week isnt saying much, J/K.

On a serious note, why are we talking about a player of the week, which means vey little (Wooden) in comparison to Mr. Football (Peardon)??????

Unbiasedspectator,

I have said that, if DCA wins and Wooden has the better game I may have to admit that Wooden is the better back.

But the way the Titans have played this year being their player of the week isnt saying much, J/K.

On a serious note, why are we talking about a player of the week, which means vey little (Wooden) in comparison to Mr. Football (Peardon)??????

825458963[/snapback]

When Eddie Moore didn't win mr. Football I thought it meant ability had very little to do with choosing the winner. When Sam Pickett didn't win I knew it had very little to do with it. Of cource Peardon is an excellent player and deserves the award as much as anyone.

Edited by krp

I'm not trying to make excuses for Wooden because he wouldn't want anyone making excuses for him. But there is a thread a couple of pages back that is nothing but a bunch of people who are angry that he didn't win Mr. Football.

Go back, if you want to understand why we think he is the best player in 1A and read it. We are not saying Wooden should have won. He missed a few regular season games and didn't put up the numbers he has the past couple of years because of his offseason ACL tear. What I'm saying is that at his best, in my opinion(and in tons of other people's opinion on this board) he is the best in 1A at 100%. Its just our opinion and you don't have to agree.

And like I said, we'll find out Friday.

Be there.

Edited by unbiasedspectator

I have read long enough....it's time for a reality check for all people.  I have seen Boyd play once and DCA play 8 times.  Here is the scoop on this championship game.  Boyd is an EXCELLENT team.........(for their side of the bracket).  After being at the last 2 DCA games, I believe they could compete(maybe not win but certainly compete) with any team in the state regardless of classification.  They are that good.  Best I've seen in 1A since CPA in 2000.  DCA will get the ring, let me tell you why.  1.  Boyd will not put up more than 10 on DCA's defense.  Write it down.  2.  DCA's offense will put up at least 24.  Write it down.  And Finally (3.)  DCA has Chris Wooden.  Not just Wooden, but a healthy wooden.  He emerges in big games.  Ask USJ.  And at risk of ruffling feathers, I will state as fact that without injuries last year, DCA would be getting 2 in a row.  Sorry Boyd, DCA is too strong, but you'll find out first hand.  DCA  24  Boyd 7 B)

825455809[/snapback]

you are smoking crack if you think DCA could play with anybody in the state. they would not come close to playing with Riverdale, Melrose, Oak Ridge, Dobbins Bennett, or Maryville. Their is nothing wrong with thinking your team is good, but come on do you really think they could play with this calliber of teams. Keep Dreaming!!!

you are smoking crack if you think DCA could play with anybody in the state.  they would not come close to playing with Riverdale, Melrose, Oak Ridge, Dobbins Bennett, or Maryville.  Their is nothing wrong with thinking your team is good, but come on do you really think they could play with this calliber of teams.  Keep Dreaming!!!

825459167[/snapback]

CPA has given Riverdale its second toughest game all year and DCA killed CPA. DCA has the talent to play with those caliber of teams, if you dont believe come out Friday night and watch.

unbiasedspectator, get the chip off your sholder about Wooden being hurt last year.  I guess none of Boyd's players were at all beat up from playing 14 games last year before they faced DCA.  Its making me sick to hear all this stuff about kids being hurt.  The fact is Boyd won, easily, and until they are beat by DCA, they are still the best team in 1A no matter what the polls say.  By the way DCA beating MP and USJ is not that big of a deal.  Who cares what their records and rankings were on coacht or the state poll.  The state polls have been disrespecting boyd all year.  MP and USJ were good teams but a number of teams Boyd played would have beaten them. 

As for the comment about the best back in 1A, the people have spopken.  MATT PEARDON best back in 1A.  What would make you think other wise besides the fact you pull for DCA?

825458463[/snapback]

The injuries to last year's DCA team were a much bigger deal than just losing Wooden at tailback. He was also a starting linebacker along with Meacham who was out with a broken foot. When you don't have two linebackers of that caliber against a player like Peardon, you are starting out in a whole. I'm not saying DCA would have won but it would have been a different game. This is really all irrelevant. These are two different teams than last year. Sure the rosters maybe similar, but a lot happens in a year’s time.

As for: “MP and USJ were good teams but a number of teams Boyd played would have beaten them.”

This is a ridiculous statement. On what are you basing this? MP and USJ were two very fast and athletic teams but, to put it as someone posted on another thread, “ran into a buzz saw in DCA.” Now, I don’t know much about the teams Boyd has played but you just can’t say they would have beaten these teams without watching them play. And besides, why don’t you say Boyd would have beaten them instead of their opponents.