Boyd Buc vs DCA

reaction

This should be a very good game. It has the potential to be as good as that cpa vs boyd in 2002 but we all hope we dont hav eto go through that OT stuff. DCA is probably the bigger team but that will not stop the boyd line at all. Both teams are pretty much the same as last year and both have explosive defenses. As ive seen people say, and as ive read stats on DCA this year it looks like u developed a little bit of a passing game to balance out ur offense which is good b/c i watched the game from last year last night and yall couldnt complete a screen pass last year :P ...i cant wait to see this game. congrats on ur season dca, im glad we get the rematch with no injuries so that cant be a excuse for the winner. see ya friday..peace..

and my predicition is the same

Boyd Buc - 28

DCA - 14

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what's interesting, at least from a BBS fan perspective, is how we're considered underdogs....even to the point where we won't be much competition. now, what this says to me is that we will see just how much heart this BBS football team has. i know coach akins to be a supreme lou holtz-type motivator. if we can show the state that our heart is bigger than the underdog nametag that's been placed on us, we'll come out on top.

BBS - 21

DCA - 13

by the way, when did DCA become the Goliath of 1A football?

Hiker, the statement I made concerning MP and USJ was to say that DCA blowing them out isnt as great of a feat as everyone thinks. Yes they were both undefeated but USJ barely slid by an at best average JCS team twice and MP went undefeated against a region that is at best average. I feel that these teams are pretty decent 1A teams but face it, 1A football stinks if your not talking about Nashville schools or Boyd. Boyd's opponents that would have defeated these two teams in similar fashion include: Baylor who knocked off the number one seed in week ten, Goodpasture who you know could beat either of those teams, Walker Valley 2A region champs, East Ridge who made the playoffs in 4A. So my "opinion is that each of these teams could have easily beaten USJ or MP. Maybe they were GREAT TEAMS and they ran into a buzzsaw. My piont is that they are not that great and DCA has better wins against Goodpasture or CPA. ANd Boyd would have beaten either MP or USJ in similar fashion as DCA.

CPA has given Riverdale its second toughest game all year and DCA killed CPA. DCA has the talent to play with those caliber of teams, if you dont believe come out Friday night and watch.

825459170[/snapback]

I would have to agree that either of these teams are capable of "playing" (i.e. staying on the field) with any team in the state. The CPA (who we all know was handily defeated by DCA) game with Riverdale is a good example of the capabilities of some quality A programs. Boyd's close defeat to Baylor is as good of an example as Baylor actually beat the eventual Div.II champion MUS late in the regular season. I don't believe that any of the posters here were saying that DCA or Boyd would usually beat the top programs (i.e. Riverdale, Maryville, Super 7 teams) on a regular basis, just that DCA, nor Boyd would probably be a cakewalk for such teams.

God bless all of the athletes in their pursuit of the goal that each team set as the final tick ran off the clock in last year's Championship game! Each individual on each of the 2 teams has earned the right to battle one another in Murfreesboro. As we post (mostly in jest) here, I hope that we realize that these kids (yes... kids) are all winners for having made it this far already, and that when it is all said and done, the true champions will only be determined on the field of play.

For those of you who are caught up on the notion of injuries being a caue for DCA's loss last year... we can only say that we will never know who would have won that game last year if. However, part of a championship season (it really is more than just one game) is a team's ability to overcome each of the obstacles that it faces. For this reason, nothing should be taken away from last season's championhip by BBS. This is a new year and the 2004 A state championship team will be the team that wins this game given the personnel that is available to each team as of 3:30 on Friday.

The BEST team will win!

just wanted to get your take on whos the best RB peardon or wooden and why. in my oppinion, peardon is stronger, faster, and quicker. wooden is great dont get me wrong, but i think peardon is more complete, where as he is almost impossible to tackle, just watch the coalfield game. might as well stop studying those tapes about predicting peardon because the only time and i mean only time peardon is stoppable is in Madden football, granted i'm probably top 3 in the nation in madden.

I dont know why DCA is bent outta shape bc Wooden didnt recieve Mr. Football. He doesnt have any stats close to Peardon. I don't care how much he was hurt or how much game time he got, he doesnt have the stats and that's that. Plus Peardon is better anyway. The best back in 1a lies in Peardon. Beyond that Boyd will control both sides of the ball, run or pass. I think this will be a great game, dont get me wrong, but Boyd will emerge with the victory early in the 2nd half.

Boyd-28

DCA-14

just wanted to get your take on whos the best RB peardon or wooden and why.  in my oppinion, peardon is stronger, faster, and quicker.  wooden is great dont get me wrong, but i think peardon is more complete, where as he is almost impossible to tackle, just watch the coalfield game.  might as well stop studying those tapes about predicting peardon because the only time and i mean only time peardon is stoppable is in Madden football, granted i'm probably top 3 in the nation in madden.

825460495[/snapback]

I watched coalfield film and they did not tackle good at all. I counted on a couple of plays, coalfield would miss up to about 7 or 8 tackles at some times. I sall peardon he is not stronger than wooden by far and wooden has not even been to his full potential until late, really late into the season.

I watched coalfield film and they did not tackle good at all. I counted on a couple of plays, coalfield would miss up to about 7 or 8 tackles at some times. I sall peardon he is not stronger than wooden by far and wooden has not even been to his full potential until late, really late into the season.

825460526[/snapback]

Why do you think they didnt tackle well? Why wouldnt you give Peardon any credit. He did just win Mr. Football you know. Hey broke takles that I didnt think anyone could break. Peardon broke 7-8 tackles on some runs, not Coalfield just missed them. I mean you can look at it how ever you want to but Peardon made them miss tackles. Congradulations on Wooden being full speed, he will need it against Boyd's defense, which will be the fastest DCA has ever seen.

825460526[/snapback]

Good Post IKNOWBOUTIT. These are two very special backs. I am looking forward to seeing both of them at the game this Friday. Should be a heck of a game (a barnburner). Wooden and the whole DCA team appear to be hitting their stride. We will see which back, and most importantly, which team emerges on top on Friday at 3:30. See ya'll there!!

Go Get'Um WILDCATS!!!