where are all the oak ridge fans?

vols#1

i went to the game tonight and ill tell you that i was impressed with oak ridge, they are a great football team. but, they ran into a buzzsaw tonight and couldnt finish the game. man riverdale is a machine, they always seem to make plays when they need them, the defense steped it up in the second half and shut them down for the most part. miller ran hard but he was getting keyed on by the defense and didnt have his usual 200 + yards, though he broke his first carry for 50 yards, im not sure what his final stats were but im sure he broke 100 yard mark or better.

let me say that i had my doubts about dave thomas for mr football but tonight i have no doubt he deserves it hands down. this guy can run the dang football, man he is quick and athletic. he also showed a great arm several times tonight with one very long td pass droped by a wide open # 5 (but 5 made up for it, he was player of the game in my opinion). i kind of thought going into tonights game that if you stop miller that you stop the warrior offense, not the case at all. thomas, #5 dont know his name, and the pool of great fullbacks they have all are a threat everytime they touch the ball, kit hartsfiled flat ran over the strong saftey #20 for oak ridge.

on to the defense, yea they gave up 28 and some yards to a very sharp and well coached offense tonight but man the riverdale defensive line raped the qb for oak ridge. they have the best D line i ever saw in high school hands down, man they rush the passer like they are posessed. the secondary is vulnerable but the D line dont allow the qb time to make good decisions and get off many good passes. the linebackers run all over the field, very fast and athletic.

ok now what i liked about oak ridge, plain and simple their tailback is a stud. this guy came to play and play he did (i think he got knocked out of the game in the 4th tho). in my opinion he is not a better runner than miller but he is better all around, he does it all, very good reciever out of the backfield. without him oak ridge would have been up creek.

the oak ridge qb was very good as well, this guy can throw the ball down the field, when he had time. ive never seen a qb do so well under such pressure by the D line. they must have sacked him 6 or 7 times and they were hitting him hard, he just kept getting up and completing passes tho. he is the best qb riverdale faced all year hands down, if they could have give him time it could very well have been a different game. over all oak ridges offense was pretty awsome even against the best defense in the state. ill go on record right now and say i was wrong, oak ridge would beat symrna and prob any other team in 5 A besides riverdale. i think cookeville may give them a good fight but that offense for oak ridge is very well balanced and have some super weapons.

in closing let me say good job to oak ridge and congrats on a great season and a great game tonight, it was a very exciting game to watch as a fan i thank them for their great effort and heart they showed. and to riverdale they play with a intensity no one can match, they just make plays in every aspect of the game. i say give thomas mr football, i mean the guy plays every snap of the game, starts at qb, punter, cornerback and returns punts, if there is a bigger impact player out there i havent saw him. also it was nice to see jacqui mac at the game and enjoying herself, quit a gal she is.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Riverdale was sumthin else. I have never seen such a swarming attack on a QB. Could have Would have but wasnt. The better team won this game tonight. I am glad the refs didnt decide the game. The only thing I can even think of to say bad about Riverdale and I was thinking as hard as I could on the 2 1/2 hours following the game driving back to Oak Ridge was your PA guy is the most obnoxious Buffer wanna be I have ever heard in my life. LOL No really those guys are tough deep and wide. I aint takin nothing away from my cats though those guys made it a game I was believing they could pull it out until the int at the very end of the game. They were movin the ball fast and hard. That was the championship game tonight If any one doubts that the wildcats were in the boro tonight just ask anyone who was there. Roll Cats Roll With the exception of a few very good players the same bunch will be back next year.

No lead was safe with #8 out there throwing the ball around. He has the ability to move the ball down field in a hurry.

The OR defensive line deserves a lot of credit. They tackle great and holes, when there are any, close quickly. We saw a couple of really tough defensive lines last night. I think all the defensive line starters for both teams were seniors so we should have anticipated that level of play. Don't think I've ever seen holes close so quick.

Was Gulmire OK? I didn't see him come back into the game after his injury. I could have missed him since I was busy watching those seconds tick off at an agonizingly slow pace. I think Gulmire made believers of everyone.

No question, Oak Ridge was better than I thought. Frankly, Riverdale was better than I though too. Everyone secretly wondered if our guys could turn it up a notch if needed. They did that last night against a great football team.

The OR fans have to already be looking forward to next year with so much talent returning. One thing is for sure, that QB and the defensive line are going to be difficult to replace.

gulmire is the truth man that guy can do it all. how tall is he, he looked kinda short? he was killing riverdale by sliping out of the backfield and running straight down the field and catching the deep ball. he also had a number of great runs in the 1st half but was shut down in the second half. wonder if he is getting any looks from major colleges and is number 8 going to play college ball and if so where do you think he will go?

here's to all those out there wishing the off-season was a week long....

825455020[/snapback]

You'v got that right! We find Friday evenings a bit strange for a while once the season is over.

The way OR played, the drive home was not as long as it might have been. We got beat but not whipped.

What happened in the 3rd? Rankin put killer bees in the pants? That bunch swarmed!

Glad lots of folks saw that OR is better than they thought. I expected Riverdale to be good...been there too many time before to believe any pregame hype and smack. We will see with Franklin...last night might have been the "on the field championship game", unofficial. We will see.

Prayers for all players to keep a clean game in attitude, stay injury free and let the real winners be shown in the game.