1A mr football back

bearcats68

How did DCA's runningback not get nominated? HE is a powerhouse. sounds like mr football process is going the same direction as the college bca.

825454781[/snapback]

Chris Wooden got an MCL injury in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year, and was not even 75% until late in the 2004 season and therefore he was not able to get the stats he needed to get nominated for 1A mr. football, because early in the season he was only getting about 10 carries per game. But he is now currently 90% to 95% for the looks of what he is doing now. ( and the best of luck to Chris Wooden and the Wildcats next week against the Bucs) thumb

Edited by IKNOWBOUTIT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Football is a great award and goes to a great player each year. Many things go own behind the scenes like coaches calling and asking for votes and so forth it is sometimes like the heisman a great player gets it , but other greats are always left out. We felt like Jarrod Baugus was more deserving than Scooter one year especially considering his team beat DCA early that year. Congrats to all the award finalist.

Great Post Titans Fan (Post #7). I am very blessed to have Chris as a good friend of mine. I know how hard he has worked and how much he loves this game. It is so much fun watching him and the whole DCA team play. I definitely feel that he is the most complete back in 1A. I know that Chris would love to win Mr. Football, but I would definitely say that his top priority would be winning the State Championship. I have never seen someone with as much heart and determination as Chris, especially after what has gone through with his knee. It makes me feel so great to see him bounce back the way that he has. I want to wish DCA the absolute best of luck on Friday. (Ya'll know that I will be there leading the student section with my loud country voice!!)

Go Wildcats!!!!

Edited by oh my guy!

I just couldn't help myself. Wooden is a great Football player...regardless of classification. He also seems to be a classy young man. That said, the nominees for Mr. Football are also great Football players and classy young men. To say the award "is a sham" because one person didn't get it or to imply that someone else ran up their stats against "inferior opponents" is an insult to the young men who were nominated. Quit it. Act with some class. Complain about it if you must, but watch what you imply...none of the nominees is second to anyone in 1a Football this year, and, if I know Wooden, he would agree. Because that is the kind of class it takes to be the player he is.

Climbing down off the stump now.

p.s. Congrats to the whole DCA team on a great season. I told Chris after the State last year that he and DCA would be back this year. Good luck when we meet in a week. It should be a great game.

Please don't tell me that the Boyd coach is on here defending the Mr Football awards b/c his player was nominated. Is CoachT really the place for coaches to be at this point in the year? Does anyone else think that's odd. Anyway, Baldcoach, the comments by everyone on here are legit. Mr Football is a sham this year. Wooden is the best RB in 1A---hands down. And he should be Mr Football easily. I like Boyd's coach defending his players but if I were him I'd be doing other stuff right now. Hint Hint.

Both Matt Peardon and Chris Wooden are the Best RB's in Class 1A and both should be listed as candidates on the Mr. football awards. But...this is a year to year award, not a career award and looking at the stats, Matt Peardon is the Best Player in 1A football THIS YEAR. They both will be able to stake their clame this friday for it all.

Scout,

Amazingly acid response for a post asking people to be civil for the kids' sakes. Is there something about that request that bothers you for some reason?

p.s. I'll be sure and check with you for coaching advice and manners advice too...if you could just send me your e-mail...or maybe not. :lol:

p.p.s. DCA is a great team and Wooden is a great back...been watching him for quite a while now. I think it is a shame he didn't get nominated, but not a "sham". Maybe you forgot the 'e'? If so I take back my p.s. thumb

Scout,

Amazingly acid response for a post asking people to be civil for the kids' sakes.  Is there something about that request that bothers you for some reason?

p.s.  I'll be sure and check with you for coaching advice and manners advice too...if you could just send me your e-mail...or maybe not. :D

p.p.s.  DCA is a great team and Wooden is a great back...been watching him for quite a while now.  I think it is a shame he didn't get nominated, but not a "sham".  Maybe you forgot the 'e'?  If so I take back my p.s. thumb

825455867[/snapback]

I understand it's a very stressful time in your life right now, so I won't push the subject anymore coach. But I do agree that all God's children are created equal. :)

P.S.- Sham (no e necessary) believe me......... :lol:

Please don't tell me that the Boyd coach is on here defending the Mr Football awards b/c his player was nominated.  Is CoachT really the place for coaches to be at this point in the year?  Does anyone else think that's odd.  Anyway, Baldcoach, the comments by everyone on here are legit.  Mr Football is a sham this year.    Wooden is the best RB in 1A---hands down. And he should be Mr Football easily.  I like Boyd's coach defending his players but if I were him I'd be doing other stuff right now. Hint Hint.

825455828[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Boyd running back should not be nominated...from all I have heard and seen he certainly should have been . The point being made here are that there are other players nominated every year that do play a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker schedule than DCA, CPA and BOYD that put up big stats because they play NO ONE. Do these players ever play in the big dance? NO! Why? Because their team loses in the early rounds of playoffs the first time they play any REAL competition. Therefore, this lends the question...have these players earned the title of MR. Football or have they been promoted into it?

Of those nominated..Matt Peardon should be Mr. Football HANDS DOWN. Good luck to you.

Edited by QuikPik

Please don't tell me that the Boyd coach is on here defending the Mr Football awards b/c his player was nominated.  Is CoachT really the place for coaches to be at this point in the year?  Does anyone else think that's odd.  Anyway, Baldcoach, the comments by everyone on here are legit.  Mr Football is a sham this year.    Wooden is the best RB in 1A---hands down. And he should be Mr Football easily.  I like Boyd's coach defending his players but if I were him I'd be doing other stuff right now. Hint Hint.

825455828[/snapback]

why in the world do you think Wooden should be nominated? I know he's a great back, not as good as Peardon, but good. Look at the stats. Congradulations Wooded had over 1200 yards. Peardon had over 2000. You dont bring an argument that would convince anyone. All DCA folks are crying bc Wooden has been hurt, and hasnt ever played a full game. Cry some more. Maybe if the award went to the player who recovered from the most injuries Wooden would win. I still havnt heard or seen any proof that Wooden is the best back in 1a. Yall just keep beating a dead horse with no real evidence.

I am in southeast missouri, i went to the USJ VS DCA game. Im just saying that any runningback who can USj team should be at least nominated. i have a question. what happened to chris byrd from cloudland. did he graduate or just have a bad year. ive been away from tennessee sports for awhile now. i havent seen peardon but im sure he is a great abck in his own right. i mean he got his team to the bowl. Good luck DCA Goodluck stangs.

FEEL THE POWER YESSSSSSSSS