Arby's Classic

BristolBoy

I thought Matt Mortensen was very solid in all phases of the game...the thing that impressed me most was the fact that he was never hurried, wasn't slow by any means, but never rushed a pass or a shot...never panicked against pressure...had some turnovers, but, simply went to the other end to play defense...never out of control...he can shoot (off the dribble or the pass), jump (dunked off rebounds and on breaks), pass, play defense, and boxes out well, finds open spots against zones and moves well without the ball to create space against man-to-man...I have seen most of all of the Arby's Classics and he is as complete a player as I can remember...

Coach Burns and all the volunteers put on another great tournament...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know Cougarhater..you are probably one of those fans that sit in the stands at theTN High games and are soooooo obnoxious! East has some talent so do the other schools in this area. I hate going to the Tn High games because of people like you! Tn High has a few on the team that are talented mainly Terell. SOME of the TN High fans and I said some cause I know alot of them...are the worst fans in this conference. Worst sportsmanship by far. Yes East lost to Tn High...but I remember last yr when they beat u all! From what im seeing is East losing but only by a few each time. They fall apart when they play Tn High for some reason....probably wouldnt have anything to do with a bunch of obnoxious immature kids sitting in the corner yelling things that any other principle and athletic director in this conference wouldnt let go on! East may have lost that game but they are way ahead of the game as far as respect. The thing about it is...I know some of the boys on Tn High team (same for football)...If they were in stands they wouldnt be mouthing off like some of the fans.

Northside's coach contacted the Arby's folks in early December that he was going to have to cancel because he was going to be attending a funeral this week (30 days later)...think about that one, will you?...cost his program some money to cancel...this is a bigtime activity, contracts signed and stuff like that...thirty days for visitation seems a bit harsh on a family, doesn't it?

Roll Tribe Roll

825501432[/snapback]

The reason that North Side withdrew was because the principal would not provide any transportation for the team. and they couldnt find there own way up there.

1tshelley,

Ryan Blackwell can flat out shoot a basketball...he did a great job in the 3 point contest and we Indian fans are real proud of him...thank you for recognizing his accomplishment...

jtbase10,

My post is the explaination given to the folks with the tournament regarding Northside having to cancel...transportation by taxi would have been cheeper than the cost of cancelling...but to each his own...

Arby's 2004 was an outstanding tournament

Roll Tribe Roll

I think one of the better players was #5 Bray from Mays. He didnt light up the scoreboard, but his defense was pretty amazing. I dont know how many steals he had but I'm sure it was alot. Just a really good player to watch play the game. ohh and his dribbling was not to bad either. He knew how to draw the foul. I wish West Hill woulda won because I wanted to watch Javon Sheppard play a little more. Im to lazy to get out of bed and go to the early session therefore only watched him play SH. Looked like he could sky though.