Clausen and Riggs to Soddy Daisy

Marlboro32

I dont understand why anyone would want to leave for Florida and especially California to play in Tennessee. The competition in those 2 states is by far better than what Tennessee can offer. I can speak about California competition cuz I use to live there. And for one, i dont understand why anyone would want to leave Orange County, CA, to come to Maryville or Chattanooga. He is going to regret that move after he see's Tennessee girls, after being in California his whole life.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is the best it's still not saying much.

825470972[/snapback]

I don't know what you are talking about. Casey Clausen was one of the best QB to ever play at UT and Rick isn't doing to bad himself especially in the position he has been in all season. Please anyone name three QB'a better that Casey.

Maybe they are deciding to move to the area because of their brothers. It is pretty hard being far away from your family.

Edited by redthunder6

Casey Clausen best QB at UT? give me a break, although he did have the best looking hair, and i hear he signed a 40 million dollar contract w/ panteen.

825470991[/snapback]

I didn't say best I said one of the best. Plus we know the best is Andy Kelly (just kidding).

Actually I heard Val Kilmer called him and asked for his hair back.

If they let Scheafer leave it will be a huge mistake. He is the type of QB you need to win in college. Reminds me alot of Tee Martin and we all know what he did in one season at QB. Ainke is getting special treatment from everyone and I don't think it is fair. If he does leave I hope he has a great career and shows UT what they are missing out on. Man I hope we don't have another Clausen at QB, that family has inherited zero speed, they can not make plays out of the pocket very often something you have to do in the college game today.

825470395[/snapback]

Why do some people think the Casey Clausen is terrible. His stats were very comparable than Peyton Mannings and he even had some stats that were better. I don't think he was as good as Manning, but Clausen was a good college QB.

Clausen is definetly one of the top quarterbacks in tennessee football history and who ever doesn't think so because he runs like a chicken is stupid he is also one of the toughest quarterbacks in Tennessee History (Arkansas game played all the overtimes with a hurt shoulder and still through the game winning touchdown pass to Jason Witten)

possum, there was an article in the tennessean(or maybe the KNS) that said Spurrier called Crompton, and he told Steve he wasn't interested and he was going to UT.

BTW, the rumor out of Knoxville is Schaffer is transfering to UCF or USF.

825469693[/snapback]

thats good to hear, i thought he was pretty set about goin to UT. man, i hope we get back on track as far as national contenders year in and year out.. i know the past 2 years have been good, but they arent good for a program for UT.

man, i wish schaeffer would stay, but i kinda thought he would leave, i would like to see him run some qb options on 2nd and 3rd down sometimes.... and what about him returning punts??? hes awfully quick on his feet.

Thanks Indian for giving me some hard names to back up what I've said. I knew that he had had some major prospects over the past couple of years and only 1 title in 5A that maryville could of won after beating Mephis East in the 4A game. And I'm sorry, but if a team with no D-1 prospects beats a team that was still "loaded" from the year before when they won a 5A title, with "one of the top 5 backs in the nation", your not the best coach around.Ti-Ta, I bet I know more about Tennessee football then you do. Is all you know how to do is call someone an idiot without having any points to refute what they've said? Call me an idiot when you can prove I'm an idiot. Until you have something worth saying, your just wasting other peoples time.

Clausen is definetly one of the top quarterbacks in tennessee football history and who ever doesn't think so because he runs like a chicken is stupid he is also one of the toughest quarterbacks in Tennessee History (Arkansas game played all the overtimes with a hurt shoulder and still through the game winning touchdown pass to Jason Witten)

825471173[/snapback]

If he was as worried about winning as he was his hair looking good, Tennessee would have been national champs all 4 years he was there.