History of Alcoa Football

Tornado74

I just wanted to Thanks everyone thats been putting in info, it just hit me suddenly one day about Pride and Tradition and what ive been apart of in my life. Ive got ties to Alcoa(played in '00 '01 and ronnie Phelps is a realative)Maryville(brother to Eubanks from '00, 01, 02 champ teams) and William Blount Football(cousin is a sophmore and played for Meadows at Alcoa) but back to the subject i just wanted to Thank EVERYONE thats put in on this ive learned more then i expected and i hope to hear more great stories from here! Thanks guys

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some great sites of HS football teams across the country. Nothing would make me more proud then to see my own High school and former team have their own website so im thinking of constructing one. First thing first though I need to learn a lil more about the history of Alcoa Football (coaches, records, greatest teams, great players etc) any input from anyone would be great. If you have pictures of any games any years or anything that deals with alcoa football that you would like to post on the site I'll be happy to give you my email addy for you to email them to me! and Thanks for anyone who can help

825474126[/snapback]

Hey man, I go to Alcoa right now. I don't have anything on the history but I like to talk to old alumni. I was just wondering what your name was? And also was 74 your football number?

Hey man, I go to Alcoa right now.  I don't have anything on the history but I like to talk to old alumni.  I was just wondering what your name was?  And also was 74 your football number?

825484086[/snapback]

The above statement is from my son, who is a current AHS student. I opened the coacht door to him the other day and he stepped through without hesitation. I will need to get him his own user name so there is no confusion.

Does anyone remember Scotty Boyd?  He's a good friend of mine and one heck of a Sheriff's Deputy for Blount Co.  Scott was an exceptional lineman/athlete/kid.  He got injured and that pretty much ruined his chances in college.  He'd be the first to say, those are the breaks!!

825484130[/snapback]

Wasn't Scotty one of the "Cadillac Boys"? And yes, Coach A, I believe it was Kellog that I was referring to.

GovMan- was it Dominique Kellogg?  He also got into some problems outside of school and only played one or two years.  Lester Whitted is in my opinion the best athlete at AHS during my 26 years associated with the school.  Too bad he never played a minute  of any sport after his junior year.  He is the nephew of Dutchie Parker.

825484058[/snapback]

Lester Whitted is the best basketball player I have ever seen in person (never been to an nba game). This guy is ubelievable, i totally agree with you coach.

Five Alcoa Alumni played in the NFL, see stats from The Pro Football Enclyclopedia below:

Albert Davis, SR (TSU) 1971 Philadelphia Eagles (14 games)

Dave Davis (TSU) 1971-72 Green Bay Packers, 1973 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1974 New Orleans Saints ( 36 games)

Tim George (Carson-Newman) 1973 Cinncinatti Bengals, 1974 Cleveland Browns (20 games)

Shannon Mitchell (UGA) 1994-1997 San Diego Chargers (55 games)

Billy Williams (UT) 1996 St Louis Rams (1 game)

for more indepth stats try www.profootballencyclopedia.com