History of Alcoa Football

Tornado74

I've seen some great sites of HS football teams across the country. Nothing would make me more proud then to see my own High school and former team have their own website so im thinking of constructing one. First thing first though I need to learn a lil more about the history of Alcoa Football (coaches, records, greatest teams, great players etc) any input from anyone would be great. If you have pictures of any games any years or anything that deals with alcoa football that you would like to post on the site I'll be happy to give you my email addy for you to email them to me! and Thanks for anyone who can help

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's talk players:

al davis sr

al davis jr

shannon mitchell

billy williams

jamie henry

james rainer

tremayne garner

jonathan meschendorf

michael george

jamel sankey

jerome robinson

chris talley

richie marsh

cisco aponte

robert hill

david hill

daniel pierce

chad bailey

carlos mahone

dustin lindsey

brandon warren

joei fiegler

martin white

and the list goes on and on, just names that i have rounded up. wouldnt you like to have that kind of speed year in and year out!!

I've seen some great sites of HS football teams across the country. Nothing would make me more proud then to see my own High school and former team have their own website so im thinking of constructing one. First thing first though I need to learn a lil more about the history of Alcoa Football (coaches, records, greatest teams, great players etc) any input from anyone would be great. If you have pictures of any games any years or anything that deals with alcoa football that you would like to post on the site I'll be happy to give you my email addy for you to email them to me! and Thanks for anyone who can help

825474126[/snapback]

I hope you can put one together. Before the Lipscomb/Alcoa game we tried to find stuff on Alcoa and it was almost non-existent. The Knoxville paper had some current stuff only thru the regular season. The TSSAA website had limited historical info. It would have been nice to at least had a nice sports logo to work with and to post some pictures with the scouting report site that we did on Aloca. Good Luck with your project. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

The Mustangfanpage.com

Edited by vandy1

let's talk players:

al davis sr

al davis jr

shannon mitchell

billy williams

jamie henry

james rainer

tremayne garner

jonathan meschendorf

michael george

jamel sankey

jerome robinson

chris talley

richie marsh

cisco aponte

robert hill

david hill

daniel pierce

chad bailey

carlos mahone

dustin lindsey

brandon warren

joei fiegler

martin white

and the list goes on and on, just names that i have rounded up.  wouldnt you like to have that kind of speed year in and year out!!

825474756[/snapback]

6 state titles, 7 championship apperances, 11 semi-finals, 2 15-0 seasons(1989, 2000), 2 14-1 seasons(1988, 2004)

head coaches-cochran, fugate, dalton (twice), phelps, ironside, meadows, ried.

assistants-russell, webb, talley, adams, mcclurg,snyder, many more.

Players that went on to play college-

Al Davis sr.-tsu, phil. eagles

Al. Davis jr. signed with uga, went to tsu

shannon mitchell- uga

billy williams, jamie henry-ut

james braswell-ut

tyrus gilmore-miss. state

Michael Colquitt- bethune-cookman

Korey Conner- MTSU-(now the rbs coach at alcoa)

Willy Lundy- Carson-Newman

Kevin Jackson- Tenn Tech

Chris Talley, Robbie Hill-Carson Newman

Kareem Coffin, Cisco Aponte-ETSU

James Rainer, Micheal George-ETSU

Johnathan Harris-ETSU( Now the wrs coach at alcoa)

Marvis Dean-MTSU

Chad Smith????

Other great players- Jamel Sankey, Jerome Robinson, Jeffery Davis, Daniel Pierce, David Hill, Greg Martin, Jason Davis, Barron Wimbley, Mike Tyson, Charvis Revels, William Henderson, jason cox, lil bit, poody and otis webb. Current players brandon warren, dustin lindsey, joei fiegler, martin white, rae sykes, colton ried kyrus lanxter and brian sommmers

i cant believe nobody has mentioned the Love family. starting with Mark Love who played at Ut. he also had some brothers that were very good athletes. Marks sons Brad, Ben, and Logan(who is the starting fullback/free safety currently) all played for the tornadoes. Ben was an exceptional offensive lineman when alcoa won it in 2000.